Author Topic: Armstead primitive needs some answers  (Read 677 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Armstead primitive needs some answers
« on: January 22, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »
Quote from:
Armstead

Why do middle-class conservatives support their own destruction?

Seriously.

I can understand being a conservative if you're wealthy.

But why the **** does someone who is middle/working class support politicians and an ideology that is contrary to their interests?

Logic would indicate they would want to have rights as workers and consumers and citizens. One would assume that they would not want to see the nation's wealth moving upward, and farther out of their reach. One would think they would want to pay less for healthcare and not be subjected to denials by greedy insurance companies.

Taxes? Well nobody likes taxes, including liberals. But they are needed for the public services we all use.

I do have conservative friends, and I've tried to probe this. But I run into a brick wall that boils down to "I don't like liberals or democrats." No other logic.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=433&topic_id=144823&mesg_id=144823

Ironically, after claiming the only answer he get is "I don't like liberals or democrats," the rest of the thread is primitives talking about how much they don't like conservatives or Republicans.

I usually don't answer primitives at all because they aren't able to really grasp logic and reasoning, but I'm feeling generous today.

Quote from:
Logic would indicate they would want to have rights as workers and consumers and citizens.

I already do.

Quote from:
One would assume that they would not want to see the nation's wealth moving upward, and farther out of their reach.

During my lifetime, the times the nation was in its worst shape economically were the Carter years; the first 2 years of Clinton when he spent all his time attacking big tobacco, big pharmy, and trying to jam Hillarycare down our throats (after the R's took the House, the stock market exploded because they could block his stupid anti-business agenda); and 2009 when Dear Leader was too busy trying to, again, jam healthcare through instead of focusing on the economy.  All Democrats.  Case closed.

Quote from:
One would think they would want to pay less for healthcare and not be subjected to denials by greedy insurance companies.

As opposed to paying more for rationed healthcare provided by the greedy gov't?  You see, we're conservatives, and by virtue of that we think a little further down the road than the next 5 minutes.  I know that's a strange concept to you.  In the long term, universal/single payer will cost more and provide less, just like we're seeing the need to ration Medicare now.  It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Besides, I like freedom.  I know, another foreign concept to the left.  A gov't that governs your healthcare is a gov't that can take it away.  Profit motives, competition, and individual ingenuity have always led to greater cost control and effectiveness.  Gov't controlled health care would lead to a decrease in patient flexibility.  The healthcare industry likely will become infused with the same kind of corruption, back-room dealing, and special-interest-dominated sleeze that is already prevalent in other areas of gov't.  That's just a few, but that's enough for me.

Quote from:
Taxes? Well nobody likes taxes, including liberals. But they are needed for the public services we all use.

Taxes isn't the problem, it's the waste by all your bloated entitlements and social programs.  There's too many hands in the cookie jar getting their little cut and believing it's owed to them just because they're breathing.  Cut the waste, the tax cuts will follow.

Now you've got an answer.  Whether you agree with it or not isn't the issue, because I know it's true, and so do millions upon millions of others.  You want to walk around with blinders on believing yourself to be intelligent, that's your problem.  We know better.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Armstead primitive needs some answers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:28:03 PM »
One would think they would want to pay less for healthcare and not be subjected to denials by greedy insurance companies.

It's damn near impossible for me to pay less for healthcare, unless my employer paid the entire thing.  I won't even say how little I pay per month.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 01:07:37 PM »
My best interests are served by an economy brought on by Reagan which has allowed me to move from high school graduated former farmer to self sufficient middle class person.

You effing idiots stay in a place of destitution because it is what you work to attain while waiting for someone to "give" you something.

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
From a firmly middle class conservative, let me tell you:

I vote fiscally conservative, because I'm damn sure I can do a better job with my money than the government can.  And, having animals, I know once you are caught, you are controlled by whoever holds the leash.  The health care and giveaways are just the bait in the trap of big government.

No, thank you.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »
I guess I would respond with a question......"what, exactly do you think my best interests are"..........and "why do you think that you (or the government) are the arbiters of those interests"......but that just me.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline kenth

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 01:38:30 PM »
What a poor attempt at logic. He doesn't even understand the subjects of his derision, applying his own standards to us. It's the same reason we always hear, "democrats are for the poor." Of course they are, and in order to always be elected on that mantra, they always have to have poor. How do they guarantee there are poor people to elect them? They make them; through confiscatory taxation, welfare that urges people to do the bare minimum to remain in the programs, dumbing down the education system, etc.

Conservatives don't decry wealth moving up the ladder because they are working to move up the ladder themselves. The nation's wealth is created by those wanting to better themselves. Wealth is never created by a government program. Poor people on a government program are always going to be poor, so long as that's the extent of their desire.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 03:19:39 PM »
Kenth, your second paragraph speaks to this, which jumped out at me:

One would assume that they would not want to see the nation's wealth moving upward, and farther out of their reach.

Who's to say it's out of my reach?  Maybe if I work and reach for it, I'll move upward, too.  I'm squarely middle class now, but I aspire to be wealthy, especially in my older years when money is damned nice to have.  That is my interest, DUmmie.