Author Topic: Chez Eupher  (Read 5436 times)

Offline debk

Re: Chez Eupher
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 04:14:05 PM »
did i mention that fried malanga chips are ten times better than potato chips?  I'm going to have to take another trip to the mercado internacional down the street and pick up a couple of ripe ones.  Slice 'em and fry em' and toss in a little salt.  yum :p

are those bananas or plantains?  if so...yuk.

if they are sweet potatoes..... :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 10:50:55 PM »
Neither... it's a starchy root about the size of a football.  Looks like a coconut on the outside and a turnip on the inside.  In the US, they're mostly grown in Florida.  The tostones are fried plantains covered in roasted chicken, peppers, onion, spices, and melted cheese.  Sort of labor-intensive since you have to cook them twice and press them flat.  It's a good way to mash a finger if you're not paying attention. :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 11:47:25 PM »
Thought I'd let Schade have her thread back. :tongue:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline debk

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 11:50:46 PM »
Chez Eupher?

:bawl:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »
:rofl:

Deb's Diner?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »
:rofl:

Deb's Diner?

How about "Gut Rumblings B-Gone" ?

Maybe we can get BEG to design the color/decorating schemes.

I figure with, oh, about $2,496 and some gift cards from Bed, Bath & Beyond, we can make it happen.  :hyper:

One thing I ask - no wallpaper. I hate wallpaper, especially with those dumbass borders up at the top.  :banghead:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 08:38:51 AM »
Hmmm, we have an unused kitchen at the VFW here in my town. I've been thinking of finding someone to run it. The hours would work quite well except we'd need some evening hours, like 17:00-20:00. The bar opens at 16:00, but we COULD open earlier if we got the clientele.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »
The VFW post in my old neighborhood was in a nice-looking building that would have made a good restaurant (minus the tank in the front yard).

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 09:00:29 AM »
I can do some serious cooking, but my physical capabilities aren't up to restaurant style cooking. Even so, I've considered re-opening that kitchen at the local VFW to serve up some tasty treats. However, every time I consider it, something happens to remind me that I'm a gimpy MoFo.....  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 09:12:25 AM »
I hear you... I can't do that kind of work anymore because I can't see well enough to read the tickets. I'm making plans to have cataract surgery in a couple months.  I'd like to have my eyesight back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 09:53:48 AM »
I'm having a heart attack after reading Eupher's menu!  Thanks, there goes my resolution to eat a salad for lunch.  Now I can't think of anything but gravy and bacon.

:hyper:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 10:03:49 AM »
I'm having a heart attack after reading Eupher's menu!  Thanks, there goes my resolution to eat a salad for lunch.  Now I can't think of anything but gravy and bacon.

:hyper:

Biscuits, bacon, eggs, hash browns, & pan gravy.....  :yum:

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »
The VFW post in my old neighborhood was in a nice-looking building that would have made a good restaurant (minus the tank in the front yard).

Gotta keep the tank!!

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »
Gotta keep the tank!!

While esthetically proper, those tanks have been de-Milled. It would be pretty tough to make them battle ready ever again.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »
Gotta keep the tank!!

I agree.  My kid would love it!  It could be a theme restaurant.  Call it "Meals, Ready to Eat."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 10:22:49 AM »
While esthetically proper, those tanks have been de-Milled. It would be pretty tough to make them battle ready ever again.

You'd have to stuff powder down the barrel and then pack it in and then push in a cannon ball, dang that'd be time consuming.

Forget Mideival Times, you  guys could have Fort Munch! eeerrrrr... never mind, it'd turn into a hangout for butch lesbians.... not that there's anything wrong with that... lol

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 10:24:38 AM »
There's another restaurant in that area that was built to look like a WWII French cottage.  I don't remember if they have any military vehicles, but the food there was good when I worked there after high school.  It was family-owned at the time but I haven't been back since they sold it and went through a series of crappy business owners/management. 

They had good calamari.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 10:45:22 AM »
Hmmm, we have an unused kitchen at the VFW here in my town. I've been thinking of finding someone to run it. The hours would work quite well except we'd need some evening hours, like 17:00-20:00. The bar opens at 16:00, but we COULD open earlier if we got the clientele.

Denison, Texas does not Franklin, Tennessee make.

Unfortunately. Besides, you guys just had a flood in that place!  :o

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »
What's wrong with a military-themed restaurant? 

Everything is at least 5 years old, you use C-4 or MRE heaters to heat everything, and of course, the items on the menu should have creative and fun names, such as:

--Baboon's Ass (corned beef)
--Dreaded Breaded Vent Covers/Elephant Scabs ("meat" Parmesan)
--Cat turds (Beef Cordon Bleu)

and of course, who can forget such classics as:

SOS
Horsecock sandwiches
Bug juice

I'm tellin ya, it can't lose!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 11:33:44 AM »
Denison, Texas does not Franklin, Tennessee make.

Unfortunately. Besides, you guys just had a flood in that place!  :o

LOL, the "flood" has been remedied.  Have you ever been to Denison, TX?? It's not a bad place. Lake Texoma is nearby, as well as several camp grounds. Hunting isn't bad. Housing is fairly cheap. It DOES get hot in the summer, but that's what the lake is for (or a backyard pool). The worst part is having to put up with elderly & Oklahoma drivers. Of course, you might fit right in, Euphless.........   :fuelfire:

Offline debk

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2010, 11:34:20 AM »

Everything is at least 5 years old, you use C-4 or MRE heaters to heat everything, and of course, the items on the menu should have creative and fun names, such as:

--Baboon's Ass (corned beef)  :offtopic: I had to laugh when I read this. Do you know what an anthurium flower is? I've always called them the "red butt monkey with a hard-on flower".... :shucks:

SOS
Horsecock sandwiches
Bug juice

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »

--Baboon's Ass (corned beef)

SOS
Horsecock sandwiches
Bug juice

I dunno, Sparky. Reminds me too much of my days as a spoon. Besides, we're lookin' for all kindsa clientele, including both the truck drivers, nukes, construction workers, and illegals of course. And can't forget grandma. The after-church crowd is a huge moneymaker.

So to have "horsecock sandwiches" on the menu might prompt some questions from grandma that I ain't sure I wanna answer.  :naughty:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 02:09:33 PM »
I hear you... I can't do that kind of work anymore because I can't see well enough to read the tickets. I'm making plans to have cataract surgery in a couple months.  I'd like to have my eyesight back.

I'll getcha a pair of binoculars from the Army Navy surplus store. Either that, or we getcha your own dedicated illegal (who can read English, of course).

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2010, 04:12:54 PM »
I'll getcha a pair of binoculars from the Army Navy surplus store. Either that, or we getcha your own dedicated illegal (who can read English, of course).

I am a good hand in the kitchen.  I can help!   :pickme:

I was born in another country and EVERYTHING!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2010, 10:10:58 PM »
I am a good hand in the kitchen.  I can help!   :pickme:

I was born in another country and EVERYTHING!

There ya go, Chris. This is a win-win situation all the way around.

Of course, Deb, you're gonna have to burn your green card. Illegals only.      :uhsure: