Author Topic: Schumer calls for hearings on 'un-American' court decision  (Read 632 times)

Offline thundley4

Schumer calls for hearings on 'un-American' court decision
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:22:34 PM »
The Supreme Court's ruling Thursday striking down limits on corporate and union spending in elections is "un-American," Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Thursday.

Schumer, a top Senate Democrat who formerly ran their campaign committee, said he would hold hearings on the decision in the coming weeks.

"I think it's an un-American decision," Schumer said at a press conference Thursday. "I think when the American people understand what this radical decision has meant they will be even more furious and concerned about special interest influence in politics than they are today."

*snip*

"As chairman of the Senate Rules Committee, which is the committee with jurisdiction over these issues, I'm announcing that we will hold hearings on the impact of this decision within the next of couple of weeks," Schumer said.

At least one Republican -- Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell -- praised that ruling on Wednesday. He described the court's decision as guarantee of "free speech" to businesses groups that were previously deprived of it.
The Hill

Too bad Chuckie, there's that little thing called separation of powers. Now as for an "un-American" decision, let's talk about that one that has allowed millions of unborn children to be murdered.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Schumer calls for hearings on 'un-American' court decision
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »
I'm sure Chuckie will be the first to hand back any corporate campaign dollars sent to him.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 03:44:46 PM »
Gosh, I wonder who all the big banks will be supporting after this week?

:uhsure:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:58:51 PM »
Gosh, I wonder who all the big banks will be supporting after this week?

:uhsure:

And Wall Street.........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.