Author Topic: kentuck primitive confused; can't decide  (Read 366 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
kentuck primitive confused; can't decide
« on: January 05, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »
Quote from:
kentuck

The decline of the left...

There are few leftists in the Republican Party anymore. Their Party has ethnically-cleansed itself of all liberal tendencies. Most of the liberals and the left-leaning voters were left to the Democratic Party.

But the "liberal-left" is very weak, even within the Democratic Party. There was a time when they drove the progressive legislation within the Party. No more. They have joined the DLC and the more moderate elements of the Democratic Party in order to re-gain power from the Republicans.

However, the Democratic Party slogan during the last campaign was "Yes, we can!" It has since evolved into "No, we can't!" We have to compromise with the right-wing fascists if we hope to make any progress at all. Otherwise, we will lose our power in the next election.

The left has lost respect within its own Party. They are a minority that has to be ignored. They are a fringe of the Party. But they have nowhere else to go. So the Democratic Party continues to slide further and further to the right.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=7397574&mesg_id=7397574

I've noticed lately that this primitive's posts are all over the map.  He'll do posts like this one and others on the topic of how the "liberal-left" needs to take back the Dem party, but then it won't be but a short time and he's defending Dear Leader who, according to the "liberal-left," has abandoned them in order to pursue corporate RW policies. Do a search here and you'll see what I mean.

The kentuck primitive, along with several other primitives, need to decide where they stand.  You can't have the political viewpoints of the primitives and simultaneously hold to the "liberal-left" while also upholding "Dear Leader is wonderful" viewpoints.  If they fully understood the two viewpoints given their stated beliefs, they would have no choice but to conclude that the two worlds are diametrically opposed, and that to hold both POV's is a classic example of cognitive dissonance.

As with so many things in life, they need to choose and stick with their choice.  This vain attempt to play both sides of the fence is what causes others to not have any respect for them; not that there was much to respect in the first place.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: kentuck primitive confused; can't decide
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »
The kentuck primitive, along with several other primitives, need to decide where they stand.

I suspect there is some sort of correlative function between their consistency, and a set of complex variables including just how much remains of their last public assistance check, the time remaining until they can get their meds refilled, and the availability of as-yet-unconsumed controlled substances and alcohol in their respective houses (or boats, or basements, or car-homes, as the case may be).
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Specbid

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
So the Democratic Party continues to slide further and further to the right.

Riiiiight... :mental:

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:05:42 PM »
Something else these lefties do all the time is make big broad pronouncements without any backup.  I'm not talking about a link, but supporting evidence, as we all learned in 8th grade composition class.  How to write an essay.  All this crap they spew would have earned them an F from my teacher.  "Ya have to prove it" she would have said.