Author Topic: High Speed USB drivers.  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
High Speed USB drivers.
« on: December 11, 2009, 06:20:45 PM »
I have looked all over Al Gore's internet and have not found anyplace where I can download a driver for a high speed usb port. I found a computer in the apt complex where I work and it didnt boot so I reinstalled windows xp and can not find a driver for the high speed USB port. So does anyone know where I can find drivers for that sort of thing?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

Re: High Speed USB drivers.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 06:43:14 PM »
Are you talking about the hardwired USB ports from the motherboard?  From what I found, the 2.0 drivers were in XP service pack 1. Have you installed it already?
You might need to check the mobo manufacturer's site for the drivers .

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 06:45:50 PM »
Are you talking about the hardwired USB ports from the motherboard?  From what I found, the 2.0 drivers were in XP service pack 1. Have you installed it already?
You might need to check the mobo manufacturer's site for the drivers .

Yep for some reasons the drivers on the windows xp disk are not compatible with what is in the computer.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 07:09:22 PM »
How old is your computer?? If the USB port is 1.0 or 1.1, then the 2.0 drivers won't work. However, XP SHOULD have the older drivers built in..... I dunno..  You may want to obtain drivers off of the motherboard manufacturer's site.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 07:13:17 PM »
Due to licensing agreements, USB 2.0 drivers for Windows 2000/XP are not available for download. They are supplied on CD with new mainboards or available through Windows Update.

Have you ran windows update?

How old is your computer?? If the USB port is 1.0 or 1.1, then the 2.0 drivers won't work. However, XP SHOULD have the older drivers built in..... I dunno..  You may want to obtain drivers off of the motherboard manufacturer's site.
I had assumed that it was USB 2.0 compliant.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 07:19:45 PM »
Have you ran windows update?

I had assumed that it was USB 2.0 compliant.

I need the usb to get online so no. I just downloaded a service pack and will see if that does anything.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 08:50:45 PM »
Freeper, you never answered my question. Anyways, the safest and most assured way is to go to the motherboard manufacturer's site (or PC manufacturer), download THOSE drivers and install them. The may or may not be signed drivers, but they should make everything work
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 12:03:31 PM »
Freeper, you never answered my question. Anyways, the safest and most assured way is to go to the motherboard manufacturer's site (or PC manufacturer), download THOSE drivers and install them. The may or may not be signed drivers, but they should make everything work

Oops sorry didnt see your reply.

I'm guessing its a couple years old it says on the case that it has usb 2.0 I'm going to try to see what the manufacturer (compaq) has.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »
Oops sorry didnt see your reply.

I'm guessing its a couple years old it says on the case that it has usb 2.0 I'm going to try to see what the manufacturer (compaq) has.

There are two programs that will assist you. One is "Driver Max" that will tell you what drivers are too old and will allow you to update manually (free) and the other is Belarc Advisor. It will say what brand motherboard you have and then you can go to the motherboard manufacturer's site and obtain updated drivers. If Compaq don't work, we can pursue the other routes.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »
There are two programs that will assist you. One is "Driver Max" that will tell you what drivers are too old and will allow you to update manually (free) and the other is Belarc Advisor. It will say what brand motherboard you have and then you can go to the motherboard manufacturer's site and obtain updated drivers. If Compaq don't work, we can pursue the other routes.

Thanks will give that a try.
I havent had time to fool with it till today.  :-)