Author Topic: Paterson Rips White House For NYC 9/11 Trial  (Read 721 times)

Offline thundley4

Paterson Rips White House For NYC 9/11 Trial
« on: November 16, 2009, 05:30:57 PM »
New York Governor Says Trying Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 4 Others In New York 'A Decision I Would Not Have Made'

Gov. David Paterson openly criticized the White House on Monday, saying he thought it was a terrible idea to move alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other suspected terrorists to New York for trial.

"This is not a decision that I would have made. I think terrorism isn't just attack, it's anxiety and I think you feel the anxiety and frustration of New Yorkers who took the bullet for the rest of the country," he said.

Paterson's comments break with Democrats, who generally support the President's decision.

"Our country was attacked on its own soil on September 11, 2001 and New York was very much the epicenter of that attack. Over 2,700 lives were lost," he said. "It's very painful. We're still having trouble getting over it. We still have been unable to rebuild that site and having those terrorists so close to the attack is gonna be an encumbrance on all New Yorkers."

Paterson also said that the White House warned him six months ago this very situation would happen. He said while he disagrees with the decision, he will do everything in his power to make sure that the state's Department of Homeland Security will keep New Yorkers as safe as possible.
Link

0Bama knows all about causing New Yorkers anxiety and fear.  I'm sure they still remember the fly-by just to get some pictures of the Statue of Liberty with "Air-Farce One".

ETA: source link.  :thatsright:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Paterson Rips White House For NYC 9/11 Trial
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 05:47:11 PM »
I wonder if the White House has bothered to figure out the cost of bringing these animals to NYC - housing them, the trial costs, security, etc.....

All paid for by our tax dollars.

It wasn't enough that they came over here and killed thousands of our fellow countrymen....we now get to pay for them to have the right to a fair trial for killing us.....

:angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 06:02:45 PM by debk »
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »
I agree with Paterson.  As a former New Yorker, I can certainly sympathize with the anxiety and angst New Yorkers must feel towards this.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:14:07 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me to see this stunt by the Obamessiah cost one or two House Dems from NY their seats next year.  It also wouldn't surprise me to see this stunt cost Obama New York in 2012.  Not likely, but it wouldn't surprise me.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.