Author Topic: Ohio residents, question about Natural Gas providers.....  (Read 439 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Ohio residents, question about Natural Gas providers.....
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:48:51 PM »
I got a letter from my son's gas company (we pay his gas bill because he is in college) saying that they are starting a Aggregation Program through Integrys energy service.  I have read the letter several times and don't understand exactly what the price difference is because they are quoting their price in Mcf's and his bill is priced per Therms.

Their charge is $6.92 per Mcf (which will be a constant rate) the current rate my son has now is 0.61111 for baseline Therms and 0.79478 over baseline.  Let me say that my son's apartment is a one room apartment (with a bathroom) and he has yet to stay within the "baseline" charge.  The baseline is 18 Therms which he used and then his over baseline is 46 Therms...but I digress. 

What is this stupid Aggregation Program exactly?  You can opt-out but you have to send in a postcard to do it. Why didn't they do it the other way around and have you opt-in?  The very fact that you have to op-out makes me think it is not a good deal.

From the website:

Aggregation is a process by which communities combine their residents into a large buying group. These buying groups result in increased “buying power” and stable prices for members. Aggregation is a simple process that is very popular in Ohio and other states.

Integrys Energy provides aggregation programs that benefit everyone involved. Customers benefit with shopping ease providing buying power and stable pricing. Your community benefits from a value-added service to your residents with no fees to your community.

Integrys is an experienced energy marketer with a proven track record of success. Our experience in aggregation programs allows us to tailor a program for your community and provide peace of mind and stable pricing for you residents.