Author Topic: Sarah Palin and the Dysfunctional Political Class  (Read 7103 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Sarah Palin and the Dysfunctional Political Class
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »
I think she's great, but 'way too much of a lightning rod to win in a general election.  She can do a tremendous service by drawing all the fire in the meantime, and then moving the football when the Dems try to kick it with a "Well, I'm not running for President, morans" once they have blown half their warchest sliming her.

Keep workin' that "Palin" jab and then the "right" hook...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 06:44:49 PM »
Apparently the AP has "Fact Checked" her book already.  It took TEN writers to do it.   AP writers Matt Apuzzo, Sharon Theimer, Tom Raum, Rita Beamish, Beth Fouhy, H. Josef Hebert, Justin D. Pritchard, Garance Burke, Dan Joling and Lewis Shaine contributed to this report.

All I can say is WOW

LINK

And they obtained a copy of her book illegally. Talk about obsessive.  The very fact that the left is terrified of her, makes me like her that much more.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 08:13:23 PM »
And they obtained a copy of her book illegally. Talk about obsessive.  The very fact that the left is terrified of her, makes me like her that much more.

It's amazing how much viseral hate she inspires merely by smiling. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 08:17:59 PM »
Apparently the AP has "Fact Checked" her book already.  It took TEN writers to do it.   AP writers Matt Apuzzo, Sharon Theimer, Tom Raum, Rita Beamish, Beth Fouhy, H. Josef Hebert, Justin D. Pritchard, Garance Burke, Dan Joling and Lewis Shaine contributed to this report.

All I can say is WOW

LINK

If that's their worst, Palin's going to obliterate 'em.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Mustang

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »
I think she should run for president, but if she doesn't then that's fine too.
She has a lot of power either way, she will always remain an inspiring enigma to the conservatives of this country.

Or she can just enjoy a long retirement on her book sales and keep that positive attitude up that makes libs druel with aggression.

I think what she has planned is she is waiting for another Republican administration to take over and get a high ranking administration job.
Retire after that and spend the rest of her life making speeches at universities for 50k a pop. 

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 09:38:56 PM »
I think what she has planned is she is waiting for another Republican administration to take over and get a high ranking administration job.

I think she'd easily topple Imadinnerjacket with her charm, wit and beauty.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 09:42:06 PM »
I think she'd easily topple Imadinnerjacket with her charm, wit and beauty.

She'd have half the imams that back him willing to convert to Christianity, just so she'd take her boot off their necks.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 09:53:14 PM »
Sarah Palin is a true lady and would look great in a position of power such as the POTUS
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline longview

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 09:04:16 AM »
I would like to see her as Sec'y of State before running for the office of POTUS. 

Offline Daisy

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 12:32:41 PM »
I would like to see her as Sec'y of State before running for the office of POTUS. 
Not a bad idea, but compared to Obama she'd be a WONDERFUL POTUS!

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »
I saw this on Politico, not sure if it's a joke?  If not, how terribly sad for Newsweek to ever be taken seriously again !

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM130_dom_11_23_09.html

I'm a Sarah fan too.  :heart:

Offline bkg

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 01:17:20 PM »
I saw this on Politico, not sure if it's a joke?  If not, how terribly sad for Newsweek to ever be taken seriously again !

Did you ever take Newsweek seriously at all? 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 02:34:48 PM »

RedState has an interesting take on NewsWeak's attack on Sarah Palin.

Does This Mean Newsweek Stands in For the Nazis?*
Posted by Erick Erickson (Profile)
Saturday, November 14th at 1:51PM EST
12 Comments
Hot Air brings us word that Newsweek is declaring war on Sarah Palin. The magazine that has given up all pretense of objective news coverage and now caters to an ever shrinking Upper West Side Elite is making Palin the cover of Newsweek (PDF) with the title “How Do You Solve A Problem Like Sarah?” with the subheading “she’s bad news for the GOP — and everyone else too.”

There’s just one problem.

The title comes from “The Sound of Music” and the song “How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?”

Maria, you see, was the hero and protagonist of the musical and, later, the movie.

And Maria was pursued by the Nazis.

Hmmmm . . . so if Palin is Maria and Newsweek is out to get her, perhaps Newsweeks’s red, black, and white masthead is appropriate.

*Sure, it was the nuns who sang the song, but the Nazis who were out to destroy her. And besides, we can’t really see Jon “God Supports Gay Marriage” Meacham as a nun.
RedState

Offline BillyDontLoseMyNumber

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »
I think that Palin should win Pres and she should make Michelle Bachman Vice-Pres, then after 3 months in office we should take them out and replace them with trained penguins in Palin and Bachman's outfits and see if anyone notices, I got a Benjamin that the penguins get more done, solve more problems and are easier to understand.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 03:59:42 PM »
Hey, look... a retard.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 04:10:17 PM »
Hey, look... a retard.

You people are in her drooling about the chances of this women holding the highest elected office in the land, this is the same women who didnt care about the citizens of Alaska enough to continue being Governer claming that she was in the spotlight too much, then turned around and promptly wrote a cash grabbing book and embarked on a media tour thats puts her even more in the spotlight. Guess she wanted to get the "pub" but didnt want to have to actually do a real job for it, like being Governer of Alsaka. What is her job exactly? Why do you think she could handle the job of POTUS if she cant even govern Alaska for two years?
Im the retard, right?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2009, 04:12:55 PM »
You people are in her drooling about the chances of this women holding the highest elected office in the land, this is the same women who didnt care about the citizens of Alaska enough to continue being Governer claming that she was in the spotlight too much, then turned around and promptly wrote a cash grabbing book and embarked on a media tour thats puts her even more in the spotlight. Guess she wanted to get the "pub" but didnt want to have to actually do a real job for it, like being Governer of Alsaka. What is her job exactly? Why do you think she could handle the job of POTUS if she cant even govern Alaska for two years?
Im the retard, right?

If you support 0Bama, there is little doubt that you are a retard. He has less experience by far than Sarah Palin had.  He is the first Affirmative Action president. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2009, 04:17:36 PM »
We already have a penguin in the White House... he's half black, half white, and doesn't know his own ass from a hole in the ground.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2009, 04:21:31 PM »
If you support 0Bama, there is little doubt that you are a retard. He has less experience by far than Sarah Palin had.  He is the first Affirmative Action president. 

Please explain how Obama had "far less experience" than Palin? Say what you want about Obama, but he never just quit being a senator because it was too hard.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »
The guy showed up for 140 days of work in two years.  That's about as little experience as you can get and still hold a job.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2009, 04:39:24 PM »
The guy showed up for 140 days of work in two years.  That's about as little experience as you can get and still hold a job.

True, and I think every senator needs to work more, but Palin quit her job altogether and is now????????? A book hack? A talk show staple? A pundit? Please tell me what she does now?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2009, 04:50:53 PM »
The only person that missed more work than Barack Obama was John McCain and some guy that had a stroke.  At least John McCain had a career before running for President. 

Her decision to step down as Governor was because of the legal harassment brought on by Democratic Party members bringing dozens of complaints and lawsuits against her, all of which Palin was found not guilty of, but was obligated to pay for her own legal expenses.  What kind of person would chose to stay in that kind of situation where every liberal shut-in with the ACLU's phone number could sue her for any number of reasons?

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2009, 05:00:06 PM »
Plus she had no establishment Rep. backup, as she had derailed theier gravy train, re-negotiated the pipeline contract getting more $ for Alaskan citizens, and had a few tossed out and arrested for curruption.

And she has a family to support, so she needed to let the Alaskan Gvt. have a Gov. not embrioled in litigation and get on with earning a living.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »
I think that Palin should win Pres and she should make Michelle Bachman Vice-Pres, then after 3 months in office we should take them out and replace them with trained penguins in Palin and Bachman's outfits and see if anyone notices, I got a Benjamin that the penguins get more done, solve more problems and are easier to understand.
If Sarah Palin was a man named, for instance, George Palin, who was Governor of Alaska, taken on Big Oil and won, put corrupt politicos in jail, run a successful fishing business, and looked like George Clooney, would all the same people who are trashing Sarah be trashing George? Just askin'...

Offline thundley4

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »
Please explain how Obama had "far less experience" than Palin? Say what you want about Obama, but he never just quit being a senator because it was too hard.

He never was a real senator.  Check how many times he voted "present" versus voting yes or no on bills in both the Illinois legislature and the Senate.  One of his actual votes was one to kill babies.  So I guess that puts him one up on Palin.