Author Topic: it's all over for the primitives  (Read 1077 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
it's all over for the primitives
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6910294

Oh my.

We'll see, about 28 hours from now.

spanone  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-02-09 04:07 PM
Original message

according to the media, if any republicans win tomorrow, it's all over for the democrats...'a referendum on Obama'....i've been hearing variations on this horseshit all day long....

here's my reply to the media:

after which an image of a nuclear finger

JuniperLea  (1000+ posts)        Mon Nov-02-09 04:09 PM
Response to Original message

1. They have this misguided idea...

That if they say something long enough, it becomes the truth. That only works for approximately 23% of the citizenry of the USA. The rest of us know bullshit when we see, hear, or smell it.

Showing once more and again that the media hasn't got a ****ing clue what the truth is.

Oh.  So the media didn't have a clue about Bo?

gratuitous  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-02-09 04:14 PM

6. Well of course, it's self evident

By the same token (npi), if every Democrat everywhere across the nation wins his or her race, then it will be all over for the Democrats because they can't possibly do any better, and the GOP will be poised for a comeback. Everything's good news for the Republicans, even being reduced to rump party with electoral strength confined to one small area of the country. That's doubleplus good news!

The spandex primitive resurrects an old joke first told about George Bush:

spanone  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-02-09 04:17 PM
Response to Reply #6

10. eugene robinson said if Obama cured world hunger, they'd accuse him of promoting obesity

Prophet 451  (1000+ posts)        Mon Nov-02-09 04:49 PM

11. If any Republicans win tomorrow, it's all over for the GOP 

And I'll tell you why: The Republican party is currently having a quiet civil war within their own ranks between the reasonable old-school "country club" Republicans and the batshit insane teabagger crowd who are hellbent on destroying Obama even if it means destroying the country in the process. Currently, the lunatics appear to be winning and many of those up for election tomorrow are from the lunatic fringe.

If they win (and they might because much of the public is pissed at the Democrats in Congress for not getting the public option done already), then the Republican party will interpret that as a signal to run further to the right. They'll interpret an electorate that is either apathetic or pissed at Dems for not being liberal enough, interpret that as a reason to get more conservative and go full steam toward the right fringe.

That's exactly what they did after the Gingrich landslide which worked for a while but led directly to W and the bloodbaths of 2006 and 2008 and it may work for them for a little while here as well but the further they run to the right fringe, the further away they get from the centre where political battles are won and the more their radicalism frightens people. Importantly, as well, the US is not the same as it was during Gingrich's time.

A whole new population has come of age and they're mostly social liberals, the minority population is much larger and much more politically active and the most recent Republican admin before Gingrich was Reagan/Bush and as bad as they were in many ways, they weren't anything like the visible public calamity of W.

So, that's what I think will happen. They'll interpret any victory in the wrong way, run harder to the extreme right, scare the piss out of everyone reasonable and all the minorities, get absolutely whooped in 2012 (we're talking Reagan-Mondale whooped) and the party will be pretty much done for at least a generation (if it doesn't split).

Oh, I dunno.

spanone  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-02-09 05:12 PM
Response to Reply #12

13. there's no way to 'lose big' and it's not a referendum on Obama. it's a media fabrication.

Primitives whistling past the graveyard.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jinxmchue

Re: it's all over for the primitives
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:55:08 PM »
spanone  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-02-09 04:17 PM
Response to Reply #6

10. eugene robinson said if Obama cured world hunger, they'd accuse him of promoting obesity

Well, the difference between us and you is that you actually believe The One can cure world hunger.

JuniperLea  (1000+ posts)        Mon Nov-02-09 04:09 PM

1. They have this misguided idea...

That if they say something long enough, it becomes the truth. That only works for approximately 23% of the citizenry of the USA. The rest of us know bullshit when we see, hear, or smell it.

AUGH!!!  I've been flattened by irony!  I've fallen and I can't get up!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 04:58:36 PM »
Prophet 451  (1000+ posts)        Mon Nov-02-09 04:49 PM

11. If any Republicans win tomorrow, it's all over for the GOP 

And I'll tell you why: The Republican party is currently having a quiet civil war within their own ranks between the reasonable old-school "country club" Republicans and the batshit insane teabagger crowd who are hellbent on destroying Obama even if it means destroying the country in the process. Currently, the lunatics appear to be winning and many of those up for election tomorrow are from the lunatic fringe.

If they win (and they might because much of the public is pissed at the Democrats in Congress for not getting the public option done already), then the Republican party will interpret that as a signal to run further to the right. They'll interpret an electorate that is either apathetic or pissed at Dems for not being liberal enough, interpret that as a reason to get more conservative and go full steam toward the right fringe.

That's exactly what they did after the Gingrich landslide which worked for a while but led directly to W and the bloodbaths of 2006 and 2008 and it may work for them for a little while here as well but the further they run to the right fringe, the further away they get from the centre where political battles are won and the more their radicalism frightens people. Importantly, as well, the US is not the same as it was during Gingrich's time.

A whole new population has come of age and they're mostly social liberals, the minority population is much larger and much more politically active and the most recent Republican admin before Gingrich was Reagan/Bush and as bad as they were in many ways, they weren't anything like the visible public calamity of W.

So, that's what I think will happen. They'll interpret any victory in the wrong way, run harder to the extreme right, scare the piss out of everyone reasonable and all the minorities, get absolutely whooped in 2012 (we're talking Reagan-Mondale whooped) and the party will be pretty much done for at least a generation (if it doesn't split).

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »

Now this one really has its finger on the pulse of the nation. I just don't know which nation nor which reality.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 05:15:54 PM »
Now this one really has its finger on the pulse of the nation. I just don't know which nation nor which reality.

If they win (and they might because much of the public is pissed at the Democrats in Congress for not getting the public option done already

Right !!!  The DUmmies think that people are going to vote conservative because the current DimRats in Congress aren't liberal enough?  WTF??

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 05:17:41 PM »

Same quote .... you beat me to it.

Yes, because they all know if the DEMS didn't get it done quickly enough the REPUBS will just ram it through. 

What a DUmbass.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 09:33:18 PM »

THAT is not where the finger is.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 07:36:42 AM »
Va is going conservative Republican.  That conservatives are even being considered in NJ and NY is a testimony to just how stupid Dear Leader really is.  The primitives are nothing but cult followers.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 07:45:58 AM »
'a referendum on Obama'....i've been hearing variations on this horseshit all day long....

Right Republicans/Conservatives had to hear for 8 years how every city and county election in the ENTIRE country was "a referendum on Bush"

:whatever:  Effin idiots get really uncomfortable when it's their foot upon which the shoe fits.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 08:16:17 AM »
From Prophet 451: 
batshit insane teabagger crowd

Funny, I don't feel insane.  Feel OK, as a matter of fact.  That whole rant of his was too tiresome to read all the way through.  Such self-important pseudo-intellectual "analysis."  A pompous asshat who spells "center" as "centre."