Author Topic: ***ANNOUNCEMENT FROM franksolich***  (Read 1128 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
***ANNOUNCEMENT FROM franksolich***
« on: November 01, 2009, 08:27:18 AM »
This really belongs in General Discussion, but I have to post it where I can "sticky" it.

October 2009 was the biggest month, ever, for conservativecave.

In fact, it was a whooping 20% bigger than the previous month (September), which had been a whooping 25% bigger than the once-biggest month, whichever one that had been (probably a month in late 2008, or early 2009).

It's awesome, all the good work members do here.

I am truly humbled by the character and quality of people who choose to be members here; as Clare Boothe Luce said, "If you want to get class, hang around with people with class."

Or maybe it was Ann Landers who said that.  Or Heloise.  Or Erma Bombeck.  I dunno.

I cannot think of anyone here, other than the obvious trolls, who has been less than blindingly illuminating, less than sparklingly witty, less than mind-shatteringly enlightening.

I thank you all.  It's great.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: ***ANNOUNCEMENT FROM franksolich***
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:32:14 AM »
It's your (present) avatar, Coach! ;) :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »
I'll sticky this over in GD if you want to move it there Frank.  You have but to ask.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 06:28:03 AM »
This really belongs in General Discussion, but I have to post it where I can "sticky" it.

October 2009 was the biggest month, ever, for conservativecave.

In fact, it was a whooping 20% bigger than the previous month (September), which had been a whooping 25% bigger than the once-biggest month, whichever one that had been (probably a month in late 2008, or early 2009).

It's awesome, all the good work members do here.

I am truly humbled by the character and quality of people who choose to be members here; as Clare Boothe Luce said, "If you want to get class, hang around with people with class."

Or maybe it was Ann Landers who said that.  Or Heloise.  Or Erma Bombeck.  I dunno.

I cannot think of anyone here, other than the obvious trolls, who has been less than blindingly illuminating, less than sparklingly witty, less than mind-shatteringly enlightening.

I thank you all.  It's great.

Not sure what you call Class Frank unless you think of the people from wealthy famous that put the poor folks to shame on their high jinks.

Class is when a wealthy person gets an abortion  as the father is the family cook and  she shows up the next day  looking great at celebrity event.

Poor class is when a woman gives birth to the child of a high class man and keeps the baby.

For crying out loud Frank, class is when people treat others as equals, when a woman wearing a ton of diamonds will open a door for a cleaning man or woman to enter before them, that is Class.

Class is when a man will doff his hat to a lady, remove that hat when entering her presence.
  Actually I believe it was May West that determined what was or was not class. Brilliant woman with a class all her own. Wasn't just the men that adored her, woman also found her to be refreshing and a hoot.

The men who were classed are now gone, John Wayne , Jimmy Stuart .Carey Grant.

Who is left for the woman, are there any woman except Queen Elisabeth that have any idea how to deport themselves.?

Forget classed folk Frank, there is none such in the public eye.   There are some that live out there there in the woods and Bayou's that have more class, manors and proper up bring then the majority of Harvard Educated Lawyers on wall Street.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:45:14 AM »
Well, Frank, you've just been admonished by vestanumbers, which, I'm sure, is one of the trolls to which you referred.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 09:02:24 AM »
Hmmm, not sure what's going on with vesta above, but I certainly appreciate the compliment.  So, thank you Frank, I'm happy to be here among all of you!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »
Not sure what you call Class Frank unless you think of the people from wealthy famous that put the poor folks to shame on their high jinks.

Class is when a wealthy person gets an abortion  as the father is the family cook and  she shows up the next day  looking great at celebrity event.

Poor class is when a woman gives birth to the child of a high class man and keeps the baby.

For crying out loud Frank, class is when people treat others as equals, when a woman wearing a ton of diamonds will open a door for a cleaning man or woman to enter before them, that is Class.

Class is when a man will doff his hat to a lady, remove that hat when entering her presence.
  Actually I believe it was May West that determined what was or was not class. Brilliant woman with a class all her own. Wasn't just the men that adored her, woman also found her to be refreshing and a hoot.

Who is left for the woman, are there any woman except Queen Elisabeth that have any idea how to deport themselves.?

Forget classed folk Frank, there is none such in the public eye.   There are some that live out there there in the woods and Bayou's that have more class, manors and proper up bring then the majority of Harvard Educated Lawyers on wall Street.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 01:18:24 PM »
Much as I'm sure Vespa would disagree, "W" had class, so did most of his cabinet, Cheney especially. Bruce Willis, and others like him in HollyWierd, also remember their upbringing.

Vespa justs wants to take us all down by spewing "class does not exist in celebs". I guess it's what you consider a celeb.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 12:19:34 AM »

Wrong target Vesta.

Frank is all class. You don't need to lecture or educate him on that subject.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 06:27:37 AM »

Put the bottle down dear. Good Lord! :whatever:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!