Author Topic: primitive has a dead coyote in back yard  (Read 2201 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive has a dead coyote in back yard
« on: October 31, 2009, 04:57:58 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9103504

Oh my.

DesertFlower  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-30-09 07:21 PM
Original message

there's a dead coyote in our back yard. 

we called the sheriff who told us to wrap it up and throw it in the garbage. i can't do that. i find it disrespectful. we called "dead animal pickup" and were told they can't come on the property even with our permission.

hubby just covered him.

any suggestions?

tekisui  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-30-09 07:22 PM
Response to Original message

1. Bury it? 

Dig a hole and drop it in.

Or chain the head to a tree until the birds pick it over, and have a coyote skull.

oldtime dfl_er  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-30-09 07:22 PM

2. this might sound terrible but can you move it to the side of the road? then maybe the morons at "dead animal pickup" can actually come get it?

Codeine  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-30-09 07:23 PM

3. Wrap it up and throw it in the garbage.

It's dead. It has ceased to exist. It doesn't care about respect.

If you wait it will start to stink and then you'll have a nightmare on your hands.

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-30-09 08:10 PM
Response to Reply #4

38.  Douse it with kerosene 

Throw some wood around it and cremate Wile E Coyote. Put the ashes in your compost heap. It's dead - it doesn't need a burial anymore than I do - I'll be cremated.

DavidDvorkin  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-30-09 07:25 PM

7. Never mind disrespect. I'd worry about touching it unless you know for sure what it died from.

The people you called should have warned you not to touch it. At the least, use a plastic garbage bag to pick it up, and then tie the bag.

frogmarch  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-30-09 07:36 PM
Response to Reply #7

18. Absolutely. A guy near where I lived in South Dakota touched a dead bobcat, got the plague and died within a day.

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-30-09 07:33 PM
Response to Reply #9

12. Same here

You'll want to wear gloves and get the animal into a trash bag. I'd use a shovel or something to ease it in, touch it as little as possible. Secure the bag and let your conscience be your guide as to where his final resting place will be.

If you live next to a wilderness area, you can leave the body for the scavengers, but realize that some people poison coyotes and you might not be doing any of them a favor.

DesertFlower  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-30-09 07:31 PM

10. thanks for the suggestions. 

hubby rolled it onto a large piece of cardboard and we pushed it into the ravine. nature will take care of the rest.

i feel sad. he was so beautiful. we just saw 2 of them last night.

It's an enormous bonfire.

mix  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-31-09 11:54 AM

82. i love this thread

It has everything: coyote recipes, cremation rites, western living, watershed warriors, fears of pestilence and disease and various people freely suggesting burning, burying, eating and displaying a dead animal.

Bravissimo.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: primitive has a dead coyote in back yard
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:03:27 PM »
Good God, they need help with everything.  Pathetic.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 05:04:53 PM »
oldtime dfl_er  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-30-09 07:22 PM

2. this might sound terrible but can you move it to the side of the road? then maybe the morons at "dead animal pickup" can actually come get it?

Option 1: "Hi, dead animal pickup? Funny thing, that dead coyote apparently wasn't dead. He dragged himself out onto the road, and then died for real."

Option 2: "Hi, dead animal pickup? Yeah, we dragged that one into the creek that the neighbors draw their water from, no problem. But funny thing, now there's ANOTHER dead coyote out on the road..."

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 05:16:18 PM »
Coyote's final thoughts: Oh Lord, I'm dyin! Damn that Roadrunner and his evil way of turning my ACME contraptions against me! Please don't let me lay out and rot, be picked over by vermin, and possibly pollute the environment! Oh, here's a nice human's back yard. I'm sure they will dispose of me in a proper and respectful fashion....

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 05:45:52 PM »
From "101 Uses For A Dead Coyote"

#37. Place in a moonbat's backyard for hours of amusement as they ponder respectful burial rites, ecologically sound corpse disposal, the meaning of the coyote's life, and how the Republicans killed it due to inadequate health care.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 05:59:05 PM »
Response to Reply #7

18. Absolutely. A guy near where I lived in South Dakota touched a dead bobcat, got the plague and died within a day.

No one can be stupid enough to believe that. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Here is what you do...

Rabies would be the main worry and they say that dies within a few hours of the host but to be on the safe side dig a deep hole and with gloves or a fork place the carcass in the hole.
Coat with powdered bleach and cover with anything that was in contact.

The end.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 06:06:19 PM »
No one can be stupid enough to believe that. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Here is what you do...

Rabies would be the main worry and they say that dies within a few hours of the host but to be on the safe side dig a deep hole and with gloves or a fork place the carcass in the hole.
Coat with powdered bleach and cover with anything that was in contact.

The end.

You can catch plague from dead animals.  I thought I had heard of a recent case of a bobcat, too, but a quick google search only turned up this older story from the New York Slimes

Hunter Gets Plague and Dies
Published: Monday, November 9, 1992

A hunter who became ill after skinning a plague-infected bobcat died Saturday, the authorities said. The hunter, Mike Dahl, 34 years old, of Sheridan, Wyo., was exposed to the disease on Oct. 31, when he skinned a bobcat shot on the Crow Indian Reservation near Wyoming. Plague is an often fatal, but usually treatable disease caused by bacterial infection. Ten other cases have been reported this year; one of the victims died.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »
Without a doubt it is possible as are many things but to die within a day?

No.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 06:23:12 PM »
Without a doubt it is possible as are many things but to die within a day?

No.

Remember, we're talking about DUmmies, so he was probably talking about a fellow DUmmie that had intercourse with the dead animal, and then ate it.   :uhsure:

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 07:03:33 PM »
Color me impressed!

The DUmbass got it right all on their own.

To quote Clint Eastwood when asked if they should bury a bushwhacker.
Neh Buzzards gotta eat too.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
Response to Reply #7

Bullshit!!!
That would have made the news in 6 states...SD,ND,MN,NE,MT,WY

I didn't hear about it...Did you Frank?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »

Live coyotes, on the other hand, are all about respect.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 07:53:35 PM »

Live coyotes, on the other hand, are all about respect.

Thanks, now I see Wiley Coyote in a Cartman voice saying Respect My Authorith!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 08:06:59 PM »

3. Wrap it up and throw it in the garbage.

For some reason, this reminded me of the "Dead Parrot" sketch in Monty Python's "And Now For Something Completely Different"....

"Maybe the coyote isn't dead, maybe he's pining for the woods."
"He's not pining, he's PAST ON!"
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 11:14:09 PM »
Did they even think about where the ravine goes? what happens to the water it carries away when it rains? They might have just started the Wolf Flu epidemic

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 01:10:55 AM »
The only good coyote is a dead coyote! We trap 'em! They kill pets, calves, lambs, etc around here......

I'd just douse it with diesel, gas tends to 'splode if you're not careful, burn it to kill off any lingering nasties, then bury the damn thing. Problem solved.

Jeez, DUmmies is so stupid!!!!111111
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 04:35:33 AM »
The only good coyote is a dead coyote! We trap 'em! They kill pets, calves, lambs, etc around here......

As I posted earlier this week, sometimes they also kill teenagers, too.  The thread is in GD.

While deer hunting yesterday, I saw where a coyote had defecated right on a road that we use, up at the deer camp I belong to.  The scat looked as if the thing had stomach/intestinal bleeding, too . . .
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 06:00:28 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 05:54:39 AM »
I'm guessing these are the same DUmmies who hold hands around a dead tree and mourn...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEaHyzbqTA[/youtube]

Yes, DUmmies--that's funny.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 12:11:34 AM »
As I posted earlier this week, sometimes they also kill teenagers, too.  The thread is in GD.

While deer hunting yesterday, I saw where a coyote had defecated right on a road that we use, up at the deer camp I belong to.  The scat looked as if the thing had stomach/intestinal bleeding, too . . .

What part of the country are we talkin'? Hell, they're havin' to compete with the grand experiment of wolves around here. As a matter of fact, we're huntin' wolves here this year. 'Course we've had a bounty on coyotes for as long as I can remember, and they're still multiplying in numbers. Nasty frikkin' critters!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 04:11:23 AM »

What part of the country are we talkin'? Hell, they're havin' to compete with the grand experiment of wolves around here. As a matter of fact, we're huntin' wolves here this year. 'Course we've had a bounty on coyotes for as long as I can remember, and they're still multiplying in numbers. Nasty frikkin' critters!

The teenager who got attacked, and died the next day of her injuries, was north of Toronto, I think.  Canadian up-and-coming folk singer. 

As for where I deer hunt, it's five miles west of Lake Champlain.  We're thinking that wolves are starting to come into the area.  One of the guys in the camp found moose droppings 1/4 mile from the camp, last weekend.  It wouldn't surprise me to see mountain lion pawprints there, soon.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 06:57:25 AM »
  As I have seen in the south the skulls of goats and deer hanging from the sides of cabins,i HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HANGING A CAYOTE SKULL BESIDE THEM

Actually I have  in my home among the trinkets I brought back from Ten. an unusual skull that has a meaning to me.

Cathey was the sweetest cow ever born, like a dog she followed me everywhere.  Once she became to large she was put with the heard but when she saw me she came a running.  She was very affectionate but her size was a problem, she could have trampled me to death, I soon had to stand one the other side of the fence for my safety.

Cathey became pregnant, and changed dispositions, she stayed away from the heard at the back of the pack ,

I came home from work one day to find my ex-father-in law on his tractor dragging Cathey into the woods.  She had died giving birth to twins.

2 years later on a hike through the woods I found Cathey, all that was left was her skull and horns.  I brought the skull home and soaked it in bleach for a week, then for some unknown reason painted the skull up Indian fashion.

She after all these years still graces one wall of my home, why, well one must ask why humans do anything.