Author Topic: DUmmies Happy for Hoffman in NY-23  (Read 1651 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
DUmmies Happy for Hoffman in NY-23
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:16:02 PM »
SUMMARY: They believe that if Hoffman wins the teabaggers will be so emboldened as to run total frothing fanatics in 2012 thus solidifying the hold the liberals currently possess.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4127138

No, really; that's what they really think. +15 recs
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Re: DUmmies Happy for Hoffman in NY-23
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 01:30:04 PM »
They are buying that idea, but not wholeheartedly. Whistling past the graveyard is what it looks like to me.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:35:09 PM »
SUMMARY: They believe that if Hoffman wins the teabaggers will be so emboldened as to run total frothing fanatics in 2012 thus solidifying the hold the liberals currently possess.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4127138

No, really; that's what they really think. +15 recs

Unfortunately for them, what they consider a total frothing fanatic, is pretty mainstream when viewed by the rest of the country's ideological position (as recently posited by Gallup).......after all they are the "reality based community"....aren't they?

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »
The same idiots who say conservatives can't win, only moderates can win have been proven wrong, in New York for crying out loud!

They had to find a new narrative.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
OK, I was feeling too lazy to pull stuff over but these are worth it:

pennylane100 (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-31-09 11:14 AM
Response to Original message
7. naybe she hopes her moderate supporters will go for the democrat
 and help him win,

Joanne98  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-31-09 11:16 AM
9. She probably got death threats from the Palin mob.

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-31-09 11:17 AM
10. The comments are PRICELESS, these Puke ****s think this is the beginning of a comeback
 I think we got this one.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 06:47:11 PM »
Well they certainly are all over the place over there.  I agree with Bunny's first post assessment.  Nervous gleefullness. 

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »
DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-31-09 11:17 AM
10. The comments are PRICELESS, these Puke ****s think this is the beginning of a comeback
 I think we got this one.

I see where he got the handle "DainBramaged".... :mental:

Hey, DUmbass!  Pull your head out of your ass for a few minutes so you can get some oxygen to your deprived brain cells....   :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 08:23:24 PM »
The same idiots who say conservatives can't win, only moderates can win have been proven wrong, in New York for crying out loud!

They had to find a new narrative.

To be fair, far upstate NY is a galaxy away from NYC.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »
To be fair, far upstate NY is a galaxy away from NYC.

Very true. I've known people from both ends of the state. The ones from upstate were without exception decent.
The ones from NYC were...New Yorkers.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 04:28:35 AM »
Very true. I've known people from both ends of the state. The ones from upstate were without exception decent.
The ones from NYC were...New Yorkers.

There's the odd moonbat upstate, as well as the odd conservative in NYC.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 06:50:07 AM »
The primitives should be bothered by this turn of events. Its not even been a year since Obama won, and those coattails have already been cut off.

It should have been painfully obvious to them when Obama could not sell out a fundraiser for Deval Patrick in Massachusetts.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 06:57:16 AM »
The primitives should be bothered by this turn of events. Its not even been a year since Obama won, and those coattails have already been cut off.

It should have been painfully obvious to them when Obama could not sell out a fundraiser for Deval Patrick in Massachusetts.

That is the bigger point,we were supposed to be devestated and cowering.
I think things are looking pretty good and after a few months of scrutiny of his health care monstrosity next year should be better.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 08:29:55 AM »
That is the bigger point,we were supposed to be devestated and cowering.
I think things are looking pretty good and after a few months of scrutiny of his health care monstrosity next year should be better.

And it will be, IMO.  A fair sight better, as the Republicans should win back the House with a large majority.  They should get back the fillibuster in the Senate (if Dingy, Harry Reid hasn't destroyed it forever), at the very least.  Maybe even win back nominal control of the Senate.

Then comes 2012.  President Obama will be obstinate in trying to choke his agenda through, despite Republican attempts to stop it.  He unfavorable ratings will continue to grow, and Democrats will run from him, but be unable to--and they will suffer hugely for it.  Obama will lose the election by a fairly large margin (more than a "Democratic landslide"), and more importantly (because the Dems will have to defend 24 of the 33 Senate seats up for re-election), whoever the new Republican President is, they will have 63 or 64 Republican Senators to pass their agenda with.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 09:44:10 AM »
And it will be, IMO.  A fair sight better, as the Republicans should win back the House with a large majority.  They should get back the fillibuster in the Senate (if Dingy, Harry Reid hasn't destroyed it forever), at the very least.  Maybe even win back nominal control of the Senate.

Then comes 2012.  President Obama will be obstinate in trying to choke his agenda through, despite Republican attempts to stop it.  He unfavorable ratings will continue to grow, and Democrats will run from him, but be unable to--and they will suffer hugely for it.  Obama will lose the election by a fairly large margin (more than a "Democratic landslide"), and more importantly (because the Dems will have to defend 24 of the 33 Senate seats up for re-election), whoever the new Republican President is, they will have 63 or 64 Republican Senators to pass their agenda with.

63 Senators might even be able to undo the healthcare mess

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »

And yet they do not.  Behold the power of belief vs. reality.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 11:00:26 AM »
And yet they do not.  Behold the power of belief vs. reality.

Did you hear the latest news from NY-23?

Drop-out Dede is apprently telling people to vote for the Democrat. And Newt said she was the future of the GOP and us conservatives were traitors.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 04:45:23 PM »
They said on Fox news that the seat has gone Republican since the days of the Civil War. How is it tha tthey really thing it's going to go Liberal?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 07:02:11 PM »
Did you hear the latest news from NY-23?

Drop-out Dede is apprently telling people to vote for the Democrat. And Newt said she was the future of the GOP and us conservatives were traitors.

I never thought as highly of Newt as Newt does (But then, nobody else in the whole wide world does either), however his hubris and stupidity in calling out Sarah for her stand on principle took him all the way to politically bankrupt for me.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »
Tanker, you should see the comments at his blog.  99.9% are raking him over the coals, and tearing him a new one.  The one or two stragglers are just saying "Oh he just made a mistake, be nice."