Author Topic: Pretending to Speak for an Entire Culture  (Read 420 times)

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
Pretending to Speak for an Entire Culture
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:51:39 AM »
CFP (Canada Free Press) is outstanding. It's a sad state of affairs when one has to look to a Canadian publication to get the real scoop on American politics & culture.

Pretending to Speak for an Entire Culture

By Frank Salvato  Saturday, October 31, 2009

One of the things that brings me to the boiling point is when I hear elected officials tell me what “Americans want” or what “Americans think.” To believe that today’s federally elected politicians understand – or care – what their constituents want, never mind Americans on the whole, after they belittled town hall attendees and ignored the citizenry’s opposition to government-run healthcare is to exist in fantasyland.

No, federally elected politicians (and in many cases local politicians, as well) only invoke the wants and thoughts of “Americans” when they want to bolster their political positions and those have more to do with special interest groups and ideology than what Americans really think and want.

How many times have you heard Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, President Obama or any number of their surrogates – and to be fair and honest, it does happen on both sides of the aisle – begin a sentence with, “What Americans really want…” or “The Average American thinks that…” It is an insult to the intelligence of the citizenry, no matter how dumbed-down the American populace has become.

FULL ARTICLE

Countdown until Obama leaves Office
1176 Days, 23 Hours, 08 Minutes
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade