Author Topic: A brief statement to those who are fine with age rating being a part of health c  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Link to the stupid

eridani  (1000+ posts)       
Fri Oct-30-09 04:56 AM
Original message

A brief statement to those who are fine with age rating being a part of health care "reform"
 **** all of you. That is all.

This is an interesting thread and some liberal truths come out.

sendero (1000+ posts)       
Fri Oct-30-09 07:42 AM
Response to Original message

29. **** you idiot..
 Edited on Fri Oct-30-09 07:43 AM by sendero

... if age is not a part then young people refuse to pay into the system when they are healthy and then expect everyone else to pay for their care when they are older.

Some of you morons really think there is a free lunch. There is no free lunch and everyone needs to pay their share for health care EVERYONE.

Bluenorthwest  (1000+ posts)     
Fri Oct-30-09 08:13 AM
Response to Reply #29

35. Those young people can not just refuse
 if they do, they will be punished with fines at the least. So let them all whine, we will simply attach their wages. And take their money. They will buy their insurance. They have to pay their share. The law will make them do so.

Jack_DeLeon (1000+ posts)     
Fri Oct-30-09 06:51 AM
Response to Original message

21. If the government is going to pay for healthcare it should only go to productive members of society
 Edited on Fri Oct-30-09 06:52 AM by Jack_DeLeon
those who are of working age.

Sad as it is at a certain age living longer is really more of a luxury. Especially if you didnt take care of yourself during the earlier years of your life.

Adbot is hilarious but I don't know how to bring it over.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Wow...just wow.

Oldsters demanding everyone pay for them and youngsters saying eff you "I am paying for a lifetime of my own not whatever abuses you did to yourself"

Gotta love true lib me only values.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I agree with the Ponce de Leon primitive.

Why should I have to pay for the damages wrought on primitives due to the primitives' own voluntary bad choices?

I think if one makes bad choices, one should suffer.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

In order to remain a truly free people we must accept a certain amount of shared cost to cover the "bad choices" of some of those among us.  We must be free to make some "bad choices" in spite of the cost to "government".  Honesty about some of these thing would go a long way to promote freedom. 

The free choice to purchase and smoke/use tobacco is a good example.  The taxes collected from the purchase of tobacco products more than pays its way in this nation, but we never hear about that truth.

Offline Chump

So let them all whine, we will simply attach their wages. And take their money.

Clearly willing to ignore the desire of others to keep their own money so he can...keep his own money.  A liberal being a moronic hypocrite.  Knock me over with a feather.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline Chump

In order to remain a truly free people we must accept a certain amount of shared cost to cover the "bad choices" of some of those among us.  We must be free to make some "bad choices" in spite of the cost to "government".  Honesty about some of these thing would go a long way to promote freedom. 

The free choice to purchase and smoke/use tobacco is a good example.  The taxes collected from the purchase of tobacco products more than pays its way in this nation, but we never hear about that truth.

How does the decision to use tobacco cost the government (i.e. the public) anything?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Wow...just wow.

Oldsters demanding everyone pay for them and youngsters saying eff you "I am paying for a lifetime of my own not whatever abuses you did to yourself"

Gotta love true lib me only values.

I can't wait until this Obamination comes before the SCOTUS.  Where does the Constitution say that you must buy health insurance, DUmb****s?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Duchess

I wonder how they square this with believing that welfare-on-demand for generations is just fine? Even to people who made bad choices or just won't work?

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
They will buy their insurance. They have to pay their share. The law will make them do so.

I so want to see them try and make me buy health insurance.  :bird:

I don't want insurance, I won't buy it.  :evillaugh:
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Bluenorthwest  (1000+ posts)     
Fri Oct-30-09 08:13 AM
Response to Reply #29

35. Those young people can not just refuse
 if they do, they will be punished with fines at the least. So let them all whine, we will simply attach their wages. And take their money. They will buy their insurance. They have to pay their share. The law will make them do so.

And these window-lickers can still sit there with a straight face and call healthcare a "right".
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline zeitgeist

Teh Stoopid is very strong on the Island today.

Link to more Stoopid

Nikki Stone1 (1000+ posts)     Thu Oct-29-09 07:03 PM
Original message
The "Public Option" has been a red herring all along, to divert you from the real issue: MANDATES
 Edited on Thu Oct-29-09 07:20 PM by Nikki Stone1
I tried to say this before and was called an Obama hater--that didn't hurt my feelings at all, but it does show how difficult it is to get some people to face facts.

In my thread two days ago, I said that what we would get was a watered-down public option that would, most likely, be a fig leaf and pretty useless against the insurance companies and Big Pharma. That's looks like exactly what we are getting.

The key to this bill was MANDATES: Is it right to expect that everyone be required BY LAW to buy a faulty product from an insurance company just for the privilege of breathing in the US? Everyone said, "Oh we buy car insurance" but I pointed out in my thread here

{snip}

Lots of well known dummies on this one waking up to realize,  WE BEEN HAD !!! :rotf:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Lord Undies

How does the decision to use tobacco cost the government (i.e. the public) anything?

The argument is that the use of tobacco causes illness which ends up costing society in general through lost wages & production, charity reserves, and tax dollars.  It's bullshit.

Offline Chump

The argument is that the use of tobacco causes illness which ends up costing society in general through lost wages & production, charity reserves, and tax dollars.  It's bullshit.

Lol @ me.  I just re-read your previous post and realized I completely missed its point.  More ready (and coffee), less typey.

Offline Lord Undies

Lol @ me.  I just re-read your previous post and realized I completely missed its point.  More ready (and coffee), less typey.

No problem.  I too must often reread my post in order to understand my point.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
But, but I thought the DUmmies would be all rosey-eyed and skipping through the tulips with Oblahma giving out free ponies left and right?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
But, but I thought the DUmmies would be all rosey-eyed and skipping through the tulips with Oblahma giving out free ponies left and right?

They now realize that they have to dig through thousands of tons of horseshit to get to a toy pony . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

Several studies have shown that smokers save on health care by dying earlier, and not just from cancer but from all the other things, like heart disease and other respiratory ailments.

Offline Duchess

Several studies have shown that smokers save on health care by dying earlier, and not just from cancer but from all the other things, like heart disease and other respiratory ailments.

Or they can be the anomaly like my uncle. He started smoking picayunes when he was 12, and lived to be a healthy (lungs, no diabetes, energetic) 80-something year old. He was killed in a car wreck when a teenager riding his bumper smashed into him.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Gee where'd my money go?

Granny? Granny is still alive?

She needs a new knee? With my money? Why?

Dancing? In Florida? New Grandpa? wah?

Can't we just let the old farts die and let me keep my money?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Gee where'd my money go?

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Gee where'd my money go?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
The 400+ pounders on DU alone will bankrupt the system.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

I agree completely, but you'll never convince an anti-smoking nazi of that......for them it is a quest, a mission.......they don't let facts get in their way......and, to an extent it isn't ideological.

Retired in April (and a smoker), and haven't had an illness that required time off from work in fifteen years.......and my MIL is 93, and still smokes two packs of Marlboros a day.......still going strong.

To an extent it is similiar to the "climate change" crowd.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I agree with the Ponce de Leon primitive.

Why should I have to pay for the damages wrought on primitives due to the primitives' own voluntary bad choices?

I think if one makes bad choices, one should suffer.
That's been my argument for motorcycle helmet laws for a long time.  Don't want to wear one...fine, but don't expect the rest of to subsidize your medical costs when you bounce your unprotected head off the pavement.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

I agree completely, but you'll never convince an anti-smoking nazi of that......for them it is a quest, a mission.......they don't let facts get in their way......and, to an extent it isn't ideological.

Retired in April (and a smoker), and haven't had an illness that required time off from work in fifteen years.......and my MIL is 93, and still smokes two packs of Marlboros a day.......still going strong.

To an extent it is similiar to the "climate change" crowd.....

doc

I haven't smoked a cigarette since July 16th, and I consider myself a "former smoker", but I will never become a freaky smoke Nazi who is mad at the world because I want a cigarette and can't have one anymore, which, by the way, is the problem behind 80% of the smoke Nazis.