Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive bounces a bouncy  (Read 1978 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive bounces a bouncy
« on: October 29, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6882808

Oh my.

The sparkling husband primitive comes into contact with his first real black man:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-29-09 01:47 PM
Original message

That clever Somali cab driver.

(This is intended as a positive story. No doubt there are ways to parse it otherwise and if you wish to do that, knock yourself out. The story is true and it happened just yesterday.)

I was out of town yesterday. It was late in the afternoon and I was making my way back to the airport. My client had called a cab for me. I went outside to wait and cab approached. I flagged him. He stopped. I got in - just in time to hear, on the cab's radio, the call go out to another cab to pick me up! Oh well. My guy was faster.

I tell him where I want to go. He acknowledges. He starts cabbiechat. I'm almost always up for cabbiechat. It is usually inane, but usually good for a laugh. I engage, even as I am checking my Blackberry.

He eventually gets around to the pretty much pro forma question of where I'm from. "New York?" he asks, as many do, given my Fairfield County, CT accent. "No. DC." I usually say that rather than Baltimore cuz I've learned that saying your from Baltimore always gets followed up by asking how often I get into DC. So I have learned to save that step and go right to the (cabbiechat) chase.

"DC?" He asks. "Yeah." I answer.

"It has really changed there lately, hasn't it?" That caught me off guard. It wasn't the next line on my copy of the Cabbiechat Script I had been using. I put down the Blackberry.

"How so?" I ask. Not challengingly, but more curiously.

"The last eight years. Very bad. I am from Africa. I even thought about going back. Maybe to Uganda or Kenya ...... " His voice trailed off, his eyes in the mirror, watching for my reaction.

I smile broadly and I watch his face. It lit up with an 'I found a kindred soul' look. (We are in the capitol city of a VERY red Southern state).

"Bush?" I ask. "Yes. George DoubleYoo Boosh." he spits.

"He should be in prison." I say. He laughs and agrees.

"Where are you from?" I ask. "I am from Somalia. But since six months I am a US citizen!"

"So, I guess you're happy about Obama?" I ask him laughingly. "Oh yes. I only wish I was a citizen then so I could have voted for him."

We talk about Somalia. Pirates. Rednecks. His brother-in-law in Arlington, VA and his several visits to the DC area. The cab ride took, it seemed, 2 minutes.

He was a nice man.

And very clever at finding out the political bent of his passengers. I LIKE that in a person.

Question.

Why would the sparkling husband primitive fly Baltimore-Washington-Baltimore?

It's not like they're really far apart.

Why wouldn't the sparkling husband primitive just drive?

Only one primitive at the bonfire, the miserable primitive, Grandma's pal:

sazemisery  (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-29-09 02:00 PM
Response to Original message

1. Always fun to find a kindred spirit.

edited to aesthesize title; sorry for the inconvenience
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:17:00 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: sparkling husband primitive bounces a bouncy
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »
I don't think he flew Baltimore-Washington-Baltimore.  He says he is from DC, even though he is from Baltimore, because of the ease of that conversation.  He stated he was in a
We are in the capitol city of a VERY red Southern state).

R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 01:28:14 PM »
 :yawn:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »
Could he be more patronizing, the way he wrote in the guy's accent?  "I am from Somalia.  But since six months I am a US citizen!" 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 01:54:16 PM »
Oh please.

If Somalia is so much better off now, why does he want to be an American?

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 02:02:39 PM »
 :bsmeter:

Ain't buyin' it.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
A few nuclear explosions would improve the Somali economy

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 02:09:50 PM »
I don't think he flew Baltimore-Washington-Baltimore.

Oh.

Okay.

I missed that.

But for obvious reasons, the sparkling husband primitive flying Baltimore-Washington-Baltimore wouldn't surprise me the least.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 02:10:37 PM »
That pesky sub 5% unemployment during the dark days of Bush.  Things are so much better at 10+% under Obama.

From the above fable, I surmise that the cabbie is a racist
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 02:36:27 PM »
The Somali Refugee Relocation program started in 2003.  Huge cluster****.  Somali are Muslim, of course they hate Bush.

The whole issue of refugees came to light for me when the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel newspaper published an article on November 9, 2002. The headlines read, "Fannie May Plans Major Investment - $26 billion" for low cost and immigrant housing in Wisconsin.

Needless to say, the Smart Growth programs being initiated in states, calls for the townships, villages, towns, cities and county governments to work out plans for housing and land-use plans. Now local government entities will pick up the costs for refugee resettlements in the ensuing years, without even knowing the in-depth plans that have been formulated.

Keep in mind, the Refugee Resettlement programs are unfunded Federal Mandate, thereby causing all states to use their taxpayer's monies to support these programs. There is a real possibility that the refugee industry would end abruptly if the tremendous costs were the responsibility of its champions rather than the U.S. taxpayer.

As some Americans are pushed off of time-limited welfare programs, many refugees are going onto lifetime cash assistance programs.
Refugees are likely to receive waivers for diseases that would otherwise bar entry. The Minnesota Health Department reports shows that although African immigrants make up less than 1% of their state's population they account for 16% of HIV. To date, Minnesota has a population of over 60,000 African (Somalia) refugees.

The groups that resettle refugees are referred to in the media as "charities" or "non-profits" or "humanitarian organizations". They are actually federal contractors and get the vast majority of their resources from the U.S. taxpayer.
http://www.newswithviews.com/NWO/newworld44.htm
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »
Here's the quote I'm not buying:

"It has really changed there lately, hasn't it?"

How would a Somali cabbie living in the redneck south know the workings of Washington?  Also, to paint with a broad brush, there is no such thing as a friendly, nice Somali man.  According to PJ O'Rourke, who knows how to go get a story, they are vicious, ugly, and nasty to the core.  Every last one of them. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »
A huge, lame bouncy. First clue:
My client had called a cab for me.
Come on! The basement cat box squatter has a "client"? Were Somalis even here eight years ago? And is there even one of them in a southern state capital? Of course, as ragheads, they hate W.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »
A huge, lame bouncy. First clue:Come on! The basement cat box squatter has a "client"? Were Somalis even here eight years ago? And is there even one of them in a southern state capital? Of course, as ragheads, they hate W.

Well, there were quite a few in Dallas around that time.  One of my friends lived in an apt complex with a passel of them.  She moved out after she witnessed one stabbing another one outside her balcony.  She called 911, was undetected, but our city's finest outed her as a witness.  :thatsright:  Then, another one, who lived upstairs caddy corner from her almost burned down her building using the glass stovetop as a griddle. She moved out, and would ya believe she ended up having to pay the rest of her lease, through a reletting fee. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 03:34:05 PM »
That's terrible!  And supports my thesis.  Oh what a racist awful bigot I am. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »
That pesky sub 5% unemployment during the dark days of Bush.  Things are so much better at 10+% under Obama.

From the above fable, I surmise that the cabbie is a racist

Well I heard on Rush or Hannity (I forget which) that there was an article stating that unemployed people are happier than those who still have jobs. Of coures if Bush was still POTUS the article would say the opposite I am sure.

Gotta love that hope n change Lord O is giving us.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »
Well I heard on Rush or Hannity (I forget which) that there was an article stating that unemployed people are happier than those who still have jobs. Of coures if Bush was still POTUS the article would say the opposite I am sure.

Gotta love that hope n change Lord O is giving us.  :-)

Unemployed people are happier. Their situation isn't going to get much worse, while those with a job still have to worry about losing it under the 0Bamaconomy.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 05:23:44 PM »
Unemployed people are happier. Their situation isn't going to get much worse, while those with a job still have to worry about losing it under the 0Bamaconomy.

Hmmm you may be on to something. Dead people no longer have to worry about dying so they must be happier too.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »
Hmmm you may be on to something. Dead people no longer have to worry about dying so they must be happier too.  :-)

So, more people will be happier under 0BamaCare. It's all so clear now.