Author Topic: primitives fantasize about Ron Paul as president  (Read 979 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives fantasize about Ron Paul as president
« on: October 23, 2009, 01:06:35 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6841086

Oh my.

The sensitive lad, the piano-playing primitive:

goodboy  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:09 PM
Original message

It's Jan 20 2009...What would Ron Paul have done as President?

Just got this from a FB friend:

"I'm not happy with either side. I'm for less national government involvement and more power going to the state legislatures. I'm against the thought process that something is broken, we need to fix it, we need to fix it now, let's get something to fix it, doesn't matter if what we are using to fix it isn't perfect, something needs to be done so let's just do it. I was against the bail outs and now I'm angry that the 'pay czar' is telling ceo's what their pay is going to be. What would make me happy? Ron Paul as president."

Barack_America  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:10 PM
Response to Original message

1. Canceled Medicare, Medicaid and unemployment insurance?

Shagbark Hickory (608 posts)      Fri Oct-23-09 01:11 PM

2. I think the first thing he'd do is round up all the african americans and march them into the private contractor run concentration camps.

LeftinOH  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-23-09 01:12 PM

4. Ended the recession immediately, disbanded Al-Qaeda -and everyone gets a free Corvette...

I thought that's what Bo promised us.

And we haven't gotten any of it yet.

The primitives promised us Bo would come through.

TayTay  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:14 PM

6. Absolutely nothing

He would have been massively opposed in anything he wanted to do by an overwhelmingly Democratic Congress that did not agree with him on just about anything.

It would have been governmental paralysis on a massive scale.

Jack Rabbit  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:16 PM
Response to Reply #6

10. Well, he believes government should do absolutely nothing

Mission accomplished.

Rest assured that Ron Paul would at least do nothing better than Gee Dubya did.

Jack Rabbit  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:14 PM

7. Abolish the government?

Drunken Irishman  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:15 PM

9. Realistically, not a whole lot...

He would've had a helluva time getting anything through the Democratic congress.

Most likely, he would have probably taken a hands off approach on the US economy and it would've forced congress' hand as the crisis spiraled even more out of control.

The stock market would have probably tanked beyond what it did in March. Unemployment probably would be well beyond the 9% (or whatever it is) now due to a lack of stimulus.

There would be no healthcare debate at all. There would be no global warming discussion. Basically, it would've been like the last eight years, but probably worse.

Sebastian Doyle  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-23-09 01:16 PM

11. The good news is that all the useless foreign occupations would be over and marijuana would probably be legalized.

Bad news is that all government regulation and the public schools would have been abolished.

inna  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:54 PM
Response to Reply #11

18. He probably would've abolished the Fed as well (good), but that is not worth destroying social safety net (which he would've probably done as well).

Meh on Ron Paul, to say the least - even though he is probably less evil than most republican politicians.

The defrocked warped primitive:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:23 PM

13. Ron Paul? Damned little

He'd have a hostile Congress, for one thing. He'd have canceled TARP and vetoed a stimulus bill, so the economy would be far worse. Forget about auto company bail outs and C4C, GM would be liquidating right now, hoping foreign companies would buy the bits and pieces. Oh, and forget about stem cell research; religion trumps science and compassion for that jerk. Reagan's gag rule for overseas family planning money would still be in force, also.

Unemployment would be higher, more banks would be failing, and states would be cutting vital services along with more jobs.

Once things got desperate, Congress would likely pass stimulus legislation over his veto, but they'd have to get really desperate. With Paul's ideological zealotry in force, they'd get desperate quickly.

Small government that only runs the military is a great idea for the super rich because the military is the only part of the government they make full use of, protecting their overseas corporations from overseas peasants.

Small government for everyone else means no services and no infrastructure. Think about that for a minute and think about what it would be like without decent roads, traffic lights, signage, firefighters, the postal service, police, libraries, schools, and no regulations in place to make sure our food, water and medicine are all safe.

Ron Paul is a man of privilege who has never thought of any of this and he is incapable of doing so. He would be an unmitigated disaster for everyone but the billionaires.

Sounds like the Kennedys.....and Bo himself.

goodboy  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:46 PM
Response to Reply #13

15. I like your post. Why have young people seemed to jump in with him?

anonymous171 (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:49 PM
Response to Reply #13

17. Paul is an isolationist, and would dismantle the American Empire

So the rich are not particularly fond of him either. I also don't like him because his economic ideas are terrible.

That's franksolich's main bitch about the Texas congressman.

It's America's moral, spiritual, material, and historic obligation to get involved in countries where those in power are murdering their own people; and the more we do it, the better the world would be.

get the red out  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:36 PM

14. Freedom for white males

And they'll have the guns to make sure women and minorities stay in their place. That's how I view the "Paulites".

Johonny  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:46 PM

16. Everyones for more state power until they found out their state absolutely sucks at something they have power in. Who wants to live in the state that gets health care wrong, civil rights wrong, education wrong, housing wrong...
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: primitives fantasize about Ron Paul as president
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:16:37 PM »
As a conservative who leans very libertarian* I liked Ron Paul for awhile (to me he seemed more old school "Republican" in his beliefs than any of the other candidates by a mile - except maybe Thompson, who unfortunately didn't seem to care about the race).  But I agree with those who say he wouldn't have gotten anything accomplished because he'd have been up against the pandering Democrats & RINOs.  I also have a problem with his isolationist policies - too black & white...in fact most of his ideas were too absolute.  What I liked about him was his commitment to the First Amendment and small government.  

*I'm pretty much a libertarian but I'm pro-life which contradicts their philosophy.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 01:18:44 PM by SherryBaby »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »
in fact most of his ideas were too absolute.  

Which pretty much describes most of his followers.  Disagree with them on any point, and you're "not conservative"...and that came from a barking moonbat lib who was a Clinton supporter back in the day.

Closing the IRS would be a nice idea, if it weren't impossible.  Ditto with eliminating Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, the welfare dole, and a whole host of other issues.  I'm not saying they can't be curtailed, but Paul (and the Paulbots) wanted it all, and they wanted it all RIGHT THEN AND THERE, which would have been the basic economic/political/social equivalent to taking a car doing 100 mph down the freeway and slamming it into reverse.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »
I believe ronpaul disease could be completely cured if all utilities were underground. Ronbot zombies plastered every utility pole with flyers, which became the only visible component of the ronpaul campaign until they were overwhelmed by flyers for miracle diets. No utility poles, no ronpaul. One reason ronbots were so obnoxious and unsuccessful is that they tried to start a political movement based on littering. Rupaul has a more intelligent political philosophy than ronpaul.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
Rupaul has a more intelligent political philosophy than ronpaul.

:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Almost lost the Saranac Irish Red Ale!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »
Which pretty much describes most of his followers.  Disagree with them on any point, and you're "not conservative"...and that came from a barking moonbat lib who was a Clinton supporter back in the day.

Closing the IRS would be a nice idea, if it weren't impossible.  Ditto with eliminating Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, the welfare dole, and a whole host of other issues.  I'm not saying they can't be curtailed, but Paul (and the Paulbots) wanted it all, and they wanted it all RIGHT THEN AND THERE, which would have been the basic economic/political/social equivalent to taking a car doing 100 mph down the freeway and slamming it into reverse.

They have to be done gradually, not all at once. All those government programs came in gradually too. Ronbots are no different from Primitives when you think about it.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 07:04:19 PM »
As a conservative who leans very libertarian* I liked Ron Paul for awhile (to me he seemed more old school "Republican" in his beliefs than any of the other candidates by a mile - except maybe Thompson, who unfortunately didn't seem to care about the race).  But I agree with those who say he wouldn't have gotten anything accomplished because he'd have been up against the pandering Democrats & RINOs.  I also have a problem with his isolationist policies - too black & white...in fact most of his ideas were too absolute.  What I liked about him was his commitment to the First Amendment and small government.  

*I'm pretty much a libertarian but I'm pro-life which contradicts their philosophy.

Me too.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 07:21:37 PM »
Libertarian as the true believers hold it is an unsustainable utopia not far removed from Marxism.

Both deny the fact of human nature and while claiming to be government of the local population they must inevitably rely on a strong central government to enforce the structure.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »
Enough about RP.  The guy's a House Rep and that's all he'll ever be.  These dreams of him being prez by his followers are a giant waste of time.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »
Enough about RP.  The guy's a House Rep and that's all he'll ever be.  These dreams of him being prez by his followers are a giant waste of time.

Agree. We have a category whose description says "9/11 Truthers, Ron Paul for President, and Other Dead Horses". Sounds like a perfect fit.

Offline Chump

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 08:41:32 PM »
I believe ronpaul disease could be completely cured if all utilities were underground. Ronbot zombies plastered every utility pole with flyers, which became the only visible component of the ronpaul campaign until they were overwhelmed by flyers for miracle diets. No utility poles, no ronpaul. One reason ronbots were so obnoxious and unsuccessful is that they tried to start a political movement based on littering. Rupaul has a more intelligent political philosophy than ronpaul.

Oh wow, I'm rolling.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 06:04:37 AM »
I genuinely think that some of the primitives wish Paul was President.

A ) Not George Bush.
B ) They can openly get angry at him for accomplishing as much as The One has.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 09:02:12 AM »
[quoteTayTay  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-23-09 01:14 PM

6. Absolutely nothing

He would have been massively opposed in anything he wanted to do by an overwhelmingly Democratic Congress that did not agree with him on just about anything.

It would have been governmental paralysis on a massive scale.[/quote]

.........and THAT would be a problem WHY?????????????
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »
They have to be done gradually, not all at once. All those government programs came in gradually too. Ronbots are no different from Primitives when you think about it.

Does this mean that all of the Ronbots will be descending on DU instead of infesting the conservative boards?

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.