Author Topic: Why read the bill? pt. 2  (Read 794 times)

Offline thundley4

Why read the bill? pt. 2
« on: October 02, 2009, 02:05:32 PM »
The Most Unbelievable Clip You’ll See All Week
Filed under: General — Patterico @ 7:21 am
This is a must-watch: Democrat Senator Tom Carper defiantly saying that of course he’s not going to read the health care legislation, because everybody knows it’s incomprehensible. So why would you bother to read that gibberish when nobody can understand it anyway?

You think I’m exaggerating?

I don’t expect to actually read the legislative language, because reading the legislative language is among the more confusing things I’ve ever read in my life. . . . When you get into the legislative language, Sen. Conrad actually read some of it, several pages of it, the other day, and I don’t think anybody had a clue, including people who had served on this committee for decades, what he was talking about.

You have to laugh, to keep from crying:
*Video clip here*
patterico

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Why read the bill? pt. 2
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:50:09 PM »
This is why the country is f'ed up and why people wake up one day and find out they can't, oh, I don't know, BABYSIT THEIR NEIGHBOR'S Damn KIDS WITHOUT A LICENSE.  :censored:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »
Thankfully, Republicans ARE reading the bill.  Hopefully people will remember that in 2010 and 2012.

Offline bkg

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 09:16:18 PM »
Thankfully, SOME Republicans ARE reading the bill.  Hopefully people will remember that in 2010 and 2012.

fixed.