Author Topic: Should America be able to strike anybody it wants in any country at any time  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2936372

Feel the love they have for their own country.

Winterblues  (344 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 12:56 PM
Original message
Should America be able to strike anybody it wants in any country at any time

With complete impunity? Why should we be able to do that and not say Russia do it inside America or China striking some American within our country? Does might make right. Are countries no longer sovereign? What gives us the right to blow up a tribesmen's home in Pakistan and kill ten people? Why can't we do that in Venezuela and get rid of Chavez then? What's the difference?

Refresh | 0 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
What gives us the right? the right to defend ourvseles and our allies you DUmbass.  :thatsright:

endarkenment  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 12:58 PM
Response to Original message
1. No of course not. It is complete bullshit arrogant imperialist assholery.

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
:whatever:

Winterblues  (344 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 01:01 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. But our Democratic candidates support doing just that.

I think this supposed "War on Terror" has gone on way too long and is making America less than it should be.
We have had no attack on our soil since 9/11 because our troops are fighting the jihadists overseas you dolt.

mediaman007  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 01:00 PM
2. We are the accuser, the judge, the jury and the executioner!

I imagine that one could get rid of his neighbor by telling the United States that your neighbor is having a dinner for the Taliban. I wonder where the "right to life" people are on this one. Don't foreign children have the same right to life as American fetuses? I know that the Right doesn't want to give any AIDs money to countries that promote abortions or family planning. I'm sure that the Bush* administration can justify this.
Every innocent person has the right to life. That is why we kill your death-loving mohammeden friends.

defendandprotect  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 01:02 PM
4. Of course, they've been trying to assassinate Chavez . . . !!!

A few notable attempts have so far failed, however --- !!

The elites long ago substituted "preemptive" strikes for justice --- !!!

Oh Chavez is just a paranoid nut. I do wish everything he said about the CIA plotting against him was true though.

ethugAssKicker  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 01:02 PM
5. No..!!!!.....To even consider if we should have that right

is insane...But for a large number of Americans who have been brought up under
the presumption of "American Exceptionalism"..that is exactly how they feel.

I'm sure a vast majority of Rethuglicans would answer yes to your question.
They are imperialists and think they own the world...This is why we are hated world over !

whistle  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 01:02 PM
6. Certainly if it wants to be a fascist empire and supreme dictator of the world

.... :sarcasm: what total bullshit arrogance by these neocon bastards

theboss  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 01:43 PM
12. I think we ultimately have the right to defend ourselves

I don't think this is something to do willy-nilly though. If there was some sort of high command meeting of Al Qaeda or some other terrorist group in Pakistan, the US should reserve the right to strike it.
Attack is the best form of defence.

Karenina  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 01:50 PM
Response to Reply #12
14. NOTHING the Amurikkan *MIC has done in DECADES

Edited on Thu Feb-28-08 01:51 PM by Karenina
has ANYTHING to do with "defending" anyone but the avaricious ruling elite whose goal is world domination. AT ANY COST.

blues90  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 01:53 PM
15. Hell no

As long as I've been alive and much longer than that the US had been replacing governments and stealing resource's all over the globe . It's always been about corporate interests which involve banks and oil companies and now even fast food and box stores planted somewhere .

If these freaks don't get their way they go the Iran contra way .

We have never been attacked here where we needed to fight some enemy . who would attack us with all our nukes aimed everywhere and all our bases all around the globe for well over 50 years .

Somehow I felt once the bush admin said that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 that this would be the end of the bush admin , boy was I dreaming .

I continue to really wonder if what we have now is a one party system in this so called government . It does appear this is what we do have , I can't think of another reason why the Dems sit there and allow this to continue and still vote against the peoples interests .
But you give the Soviet Union, a true evil empire, a free pass

champion-these-facts  (3 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 06:47 PM
20. IT HISTORICALLY DID JUST THE OPPOSITE

A historic reluctance to enter into battle, and some have actually analyzed this reluctance as being to a flaw.
Bush completely changed the paradigm.

War is unaffordable.

This wreckless mindset of aggressive war includes these factors:

1. Profound ignorance of Dubya and key neocon advisors to believe that a regime can be surgically removed. This is not so much a "war" but a "failed regime change".

2. America had a hard time coping with the "loss" of Vietnam, and was somewhat itchy for a "victory". The Gulf War seemed to bring this "kick ass" mentality forward.

3. A volunteer army is great for readiness, and tends to significantly cut down on any anti-war sentiments, however we have to realize now that it can be inappropriately set in motion. It is ready to go by definition, so therein lies part of the problem. The decision to "press the button" has to be now much more seriously considered then it historically was done in the past.

4. The new neocon teachings by Dr. Thomas Barnett, et al, that seem to champion these type of "affordable" wars where we build more army bases here and there and then presto, freedom flourishes. This "democratic miracle grow" philosophy is being taught in the war college and seems to be very attractive since we don't have the soviets and the cold war to keep our war minds occupied.

Delphinus  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 06:55 PM
21. Absolutely NOT!

We are not above the rule of law or the other treaties we have signed around the world. One day the people of this land will wake up and realize that might does NOT make right.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 06:36:25 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Can we put'em on a container ship and see if they can outrun a Tomahawk missile now?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Can we put'em on a container ship and see if they can outrun a Tomahawk missile now?

Who? The terrorists, or the DUmmies?  :lmao:

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

Does it matter?

Both groups hate America and cheer when it's attacked with equal amounts of glee
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama

Does it matter?

Both groups hate America and cheer when it's attacked with equal amounts of glee

I was thinking the same thing, buddy.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
blues90  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Feb-28-08 01:53 PM
15. Hell no

As long as I've been alive and much longer than that the US had been replacing governments and stealing resource's all over the globe....

Yet all we ever hear from the primitives is whining and crying about what they DON`T have but think they should and their answer is always the same...plunder someone elses resourses through taxes to provide it for them.

Worthless parasites.  :censored:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Yet all we ever hear from the primitives is whining and crying about what they DON`T have but think they should and their answer is always the same...plunder someone elses resourses through taxes to provide it for them.

As usual, you said what I've been trying to say, but you said it better.

What is the difference between one country plundering another, and a primitive plundering the taxpayers?

I don't think the primitives have any right to cast stones.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Should America be able to strike anybody it wants in any country at any time?

Yes...next question.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
To quick and painless...I vote we ship em all to Daddy Hugo.....Let em see how he deal with they're whining...
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Does it matter?

Gang, you're not taking into acount the massive environmental damage that would occur when that many unwashed individuals (I can't call them "people") were concentrated in one place, even if it were on a container ship in the middle of the Pacific.  And then you want to shoot Tomahawks at the ship.  What about possible damage to the Tomahawks' electronics from the stench in the air?  What about the release of that much stench into the atmosphere, in such levels as to overwhelm whatever the resulting fire can kill? :tongue: :thatsright:

Geez?  Where has the VRWC R&D Department been all this time? ::)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
The DUmmies fail to realize just how fast and how cheaply this war on terror could have been waged. Problem is they would have screamed much louder than they are screaming now and we'd be in deep shit for a few generations. This way is much more preferable to that option for everyone involved.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Does it matter?

Gang, you're not taking into acount the massive environmental damage that would occur when that many unwashed individuals (I can't call them "people") were concentrated in one place, even if it were on a container ship in the middle of the Pacific.  And then you want to shoot Tomahawks at the ship.  What about possible damage to the Tomahawks' electronics from the stench in the air?  What about the release of that much stench into the atmosphere, in such levels as to overwhelm whatever the resulting fire can kill? :tongue: :thatsright:

Well maybe we could use a Mk-48 ADCAP to send it underwater so we will not worry about that.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Does it matter?

Well maybe we could use a Mk-48 ADCAP to send it underwater so we will not worry about that.

Yeah . . . as I said when I tested drinking water, "Dilution is the solution to pollution."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ReardenSteel

As usual, you said what I've been trying to say, but you said it better.

What is the difference between one country plundering another, and a primitive plundering the taxpayers?

I don't think the primitives have any right to cast stones.

Dumb dumb  :censored: DUmmies. Yeah. We are "stealing" their resources at $100 a barrel.  :whatever: The only thing we are really plundering from them are their terrorist leaders. (I guess that's "plundering" since we are doing that part for free)

DU has killed my sympathy for stupid.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826