Author Topic: John Dean: "If Teddy knew the bear trap he was walking into at Chappaquiddick" -  (Read 395 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
An older thread but what the heck,

defendandprotect  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun May-18-08 03:10 PM
Original message
John Dean: "If Teddy knew the bear trap he was walking into at Chappaquiddick" --

Edited on Sun May-18-08 03:21 PM by defendandprotect
For those who haven't heard this comment from John Dean to Nixon in the Oval Office with the
following weekend being the weekend of Chappaquiddick ....

And, perhaps, one day we'll know more about what really happened at Chappaquiddick --

For those who don't know, the Nixon White House tapes recorded a very odd comment by John Dean
to President Nixon as he was having Nixon sign some papers -- and if I recall correctly Bob
Haldemann was also present, if not others. At any rate it was something like John Dean saying
to Nixon ... "Wouldn't Ted Kennedy be surprised to know the bear trap he's walking into this
weekend." It was the weekend of Chappaquiddick.

Also, later, E. Howard Hunt showed an unusual interest in Chappaquiddick, but felt the need to
wear a disguise when he visited--!!! Why??
<snip>

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x205847

Hmm so they are claiming Nixon set the whole thing up.
I love the 9-11 forum at the DUmp.  :lmao:

panader0  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun May-18-08 03:17 PM
Response to Original message
1. Nixon, Reagan, bush I and bush II are capable of anything

Kennedy assassination, Iran-Contra, drug dealing, the Twin Towers....... the list of suspicious republican activity is vast, and the likelyhood is too.

pretzel4gore  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun May-18-08 03:50 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. whenever hate radio mention Chappaquiddick

when they giggle at Ted and the torment of that night, i can dose the rabid hyenas with this...get them really mad, lol

efendandprotect  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Aug-29-09 02:02 AM
Response to Reply #21
93. Reading this more than a year after you posted that resonse . . . and true . . .

you give a lot to think over here -- to rethink . . .

But obviously Teddy knew that he was being watched by Nixon --

and the stories do say that he was under constant threat.

While the Kennedys might not have gotten to exactly the bottom of the

coup on JFK/"people's" government, I'm sure they had a rather firm idea

of the power players -- including LBJ and Nixon.

If you ever come back to this thread ... would you touch on Dean's comment

and give a bit of an idea as to what you think it might mean, if anything?

I agree with you in large part . . . was there ever a fear of losing the

Southern voter after Segregation? Was there ever a true "Southern Strategy"?

Or was there simply vote stealing covered by that theory?

Were the computers the answer for the GOP in the late 1960's as we passed the

Voting Rights Act?

Are all of these Kennedy tragedies unconnected?

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.