Author Topic: Primitives starting to realize that Obama care isn't a free pony...  (Read 623 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
.. yet the little goons will support it blindly.

Ruby the Liberal  (43 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 07:50 AM
Original message
Is it legal to mandate payments to a for-profit company?

I appreciate the auto-insurance argument, but I can choose not to drive.

Is it legal for the government to mandate that I pay money to a for-profit entity on the basis that I can't opt not to breathe?

Is it legal to force me to subsidize a multi-million dollar per year CEO and his/her beholden shareholders and fine me if I don't?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6510252

elleng  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 07:53 AM
Response to Original message
1. One particular company? I'd say, "NO."

:confused:

Ruby the Liberal  (43 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 07:54 AM
Response to Reply #1
2. Is it any different if there are multiple options

all cut out of the same cloth?

rentman  (8 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 08:07 AM
Response to Original message
3. Utilities

Gas, electric.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

RB TexLa Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Sep-10-09 08:11 AM
Response to Reply #3
4. Who mandates that you have gas or electricity?

Exactly. Life may be harder without them but, we don't get fined if we don't have them.

Maybe us tea birthers aren't so crazy after all to oppose this.  :uhsure:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Primitives starting to realize that Obama care isn't a free pony...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:26:44 AM »
Questions we've been asking for months now they're just starting to finally address, though they still do it on a kiddiegarten level.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 07:32:09 AM »
Questions we've been asking for months now they're just starting to finally address, though they still do it on a kiddiegarten level.

Hell maybe we are more nuanced after all.  :lmao:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:20:27 AM »
I've read several articles saying that mandatory insurance will fail on constitutional grounds, and several groups are already setting up challenges.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »
I've read several articles saying that mandatory insurance will fail on constitutional grounds, and several groups are already setting up challenges.

I dunno we can't really depend on the SC to shoot it down.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:55:52 AM »
Hell maybe we are more nuanced after all.  :lmao:

I prefer to be more direct and just say "Smarter."

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:54:59 AM »
RB TexLa Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Sep-10-09 08:11 AM
Response to Reply #3
4. Who mandates that you have gas or electricity?
The other Bush:-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson