Author Topic: Remember the name: Cass Sunstein  (Read 527 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Remember the name: Cass Sunstein
« on: September 09, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »
oberliner  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-07-09 11:10 PM

Remember the name: Cass Sunstein

That is the next "target" on Beck's hit-list.

Beaverhausen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Mon Sep-07-09 11:18 PM

1. what is their objection to him?

the animal rights thing?

Animals have a right to be either tasty or a pet. Next.

oberliner  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-07-09 11:21 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. "Notice and Takedown Law"

Perhaps most disturbing is Mr. Sunstein’s vision for the future of web content, as he argues for a so-called “notice and take down” law. Under this provision, those who operate websites – - The Washington Post, radio stations, private bloggers, and perhaps even you, yourself -we would all be required “take down falsehoods upon notice” from the U.S. government.

That is from some RW site. In any case, Beck's twitter feed tells people to find everything they can about this person.

...and I wonder what they think about this? Like, when this policy is still in place and a Republican is elected President?

Meh, silly me, they'll just change the rules again like they did with fatass Ted's vacant senate seat.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Remember the name: Cass Sunstein
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »
Watched Beck this afternoon....this guy Sunstein gets in and we are all so screwed.....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 05:38:13 PM »
The simple truth is that people are allowed to lie, as long as they don't do it while under oath. If the lie is egregious enough to be damaging, then there are existing laws in place to address it.

The problem with attempting to regulate the internet is determining where one nation's influence ends and another begins.

Lets say I make a web page that reads 'Barack Obama is related to gophers' - an obvious lie..

What if I buy webspace that is hosted on servers located in the United Kingdom ? France ? Japan ? Where does the rights of The United States to exert its influence end ?

..And the primitives thought Bush overreached.. Team Obama wants to make the 'Thought Police' a reality.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 05:52:20 PM »
It's not just his ideas on internet regulation that concern me....

this guy thinks animals should have human lawyers to prosecute humans for hurting them!!! He'll want to turn us all into vegetarians!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 05:54:55 PM »
So far no one has come out to say: "notice and takedown is horrible...there's no way we would settle for that. It's a good thing Sunstein doesn't believe in that."
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »
And the Senate just voted (7 or 9 GOP) to end debate on his nomination
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 09:36:41 PM »
And it becomes a vote by committee....those in favor say "aye"....those against say "nay"....he will get in.. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »
In the 2000 campaign, Bush proclaimed himself a "unit er, not a divider", only to turn out to be the most divisive President in memory. Because of his own certainty, and his lack of curiosity about what others might think, Bush polarized the nation. Many of his most ambitious plans went nowhere as a result.

As president, Ba rack ABM would be a genuine unit er. If he proves able to achieve great things, for his nation and for the world, it will be above all for that reason.

http://www.huffing tonpost.com//submerging_b_90034.HTML

This guy was/is totally in the tank for the Big 0, however it looks like the Kenyan is going to repeat history.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.