Author Topic: Poll question: Should The Health Care Crisis be considered a State of Emergenecy  (Read 1388 times)

Offline MrsSmith

berni_mccoy  (1000+ posts)        Wed Sep-09-09 08:39 AM
Original message
Poll question: Should The Health Care Crisis be considered a State of Emergenecy?(sic) 
 More than 18,000 Americans are dying each year because they can't afford healthcare (study from 2002, the numbers are projected to be worse today). 3017 people died in 9/11 and more than 1800 people died in Katrina.

Should the Health Care Crisis be considered a State of Emergency?

Don't even ask me why the numbers from 9/11 and Katrina are significant to a healthcare study...maybe if we'd had HillaryCare back then, the terrorists and hurricanes would have missed?   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's a brand new bonfire, no replies yet

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Vagabond

Where do they come up with this number?  I keep hearing it, but haven't seen evidence that would support the claim.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Didn't some idiot DUmmy propose that a State of Emergency be declared, sometime circa late 2006, early 2007?  This coincided with the Democrat party re-taking control of Congress, and the "grounds" were that President Bush was mentally unstable/an illegal occupant of the office, or some such nonsense.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Where do they come up with this number?  I keep hearing it, but haven't seen evidence that would support the claim.

How DUmmies and the left come up with the misleading numbers about healthcare:

"Hey I found those numbers on Obamacare you wanted!'
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Healthcare "crisis"? Talk about delusional.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Healthcare "crisis"? Talk about delusional.

Yeah but remember this is a group that considers it a national emergency if they run out of Cheetos before their weed runs out.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Okay, but once those 18,000 are gone do we have a crisis anymore?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Okay, but once those 18,000 are gone do we have a crisis anymore?

Cindie

Nope! According to DUmmies, when those 18,000 kick the bucket, there are 18,000 more waiting in the wings. It's an infinite progression, doncha know!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline ScubaGuy

Odd that I don't see that 18,000 number listed on the CDC web page.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

* Heart disease: 631,636
    * Cancer: 559,888
    * Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 137,119
    * Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 124,583
    * Accidents (unintentional injuries): 121,599
    * Diabetes: 72,449
    * Alzheimer's disease: 72,432
    * Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,326
    * Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,344
    * Septicemia: 34,234
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline thundley4

Odd that I don't see that 18,000 number listed on the CDC web page.

The top four can all be caused by lifestyle choices. Not saying anything, just sayin'. :uhsure:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Obama seems to see it as an emergency - why else would he call an ultra-rare joint session of Congress ? Joint sessions are for SOTU speeches, Declaration of war and declaration of victory.

The only war I see Obama declaring is a war against his sagging poll numbers. The opening salvo was the back to school speech yesterday.

Offline MrsSmith

Where do they come up with this number?  I keep hearing it, but haven't seen evidence that would support the claim.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/healthcare/2002-05-22-insurance-deaths.htm

18,000 deaths blamed on lack of insurance

By Steve Sternberg, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — More than 18,000 adults in the USA die each year because they are uninsured and can't get proper health care, researchers report in a landmark study released Tuesday.

The 193-page report, "Care Without Coverage: Too Little, Too Late," examines the plight of 30 million — one in seven — working-age Americans whose employers don't provide insurance and who don't qualify for government medical care...

One problem...I can't find the "18,000" anywhere in the report.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:08:16 PM by MrsSmith »

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Wonder how many people die from wrecks each year due to poor maintenance of tires? Die of heart attacks because of poor maintenance of diet? I mean, damn, isn't there a time when personal responsibility should be taken into account?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
It is the same argument that says "free" healthcare will save money because it will provide preventative care for children so they will be healthier.

I have asked people saying this how many doctors visits growing up will prevent a person from starting smoking,drinking too much,having a stroke,having an accident of some kind and so on.
It is based on nothing but it sounds good.

Offline ReardenSteel

Shagbark Hickory (571 posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore  Wed Sep-09-09 08:55 AM
Response to Original message
1. Abso****ing lutley!!!!
 And for that matter, so should the number of unemployed and under-employed. We need emergency aide.... FEMA checks... to those who are suffering from medical expenses due to lack of coverage or denied claims as well as those who are not able to find employment.

heh  :-)

57_TomCat  (462 posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore  Wed Sep-09-09 12:17 PM
8. I keep wondering who...
 is going to pay for all this health care?

How dare you!!  :evillaugh:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline thundley4

Re: Poll question: Should The Health Care Crisis be considered a State of Emerge
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 09:35:48 PM »
DUmmies just want a state of emergency declared so they can be shipped off to the FEMA camps and have all their needs taken care of there.  :evillaugh:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
57_TomCat  (462 posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore  Wed Sep-09-09 12:17 PM
8. I keep wondering who...
 is going to pay for all this health care?

The evil rich of course.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.