Author Topic: "Today, I signed Executive Order 13510, authorizing eligibility for all American  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
berni_mccoy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Sep-08-09 07:54 PM
Original message
"Today, I signed Executive Order 13510, authorizing eligibility for all Americans to Medicare..."   Updated at 7:57 PM

"regardless of age. I do this in order to end the healthcare crisis in the United States which is leading to the deaths of more than 18 thousand Americans per year. I leave it to Congress to address the budgetary and finance changes this will require, but as effective immediately, all Americans are currently eligible to enroll in Medicare.".

That's how Obama ought to begin his speech tomorrow.

And, it appears, he has the power to do this. This would be no more bold an executive order than the emancipation Proclamation, initiating a war with another country as was how the Kosovo War was began. The basis of the use is to further a law put forth by Congress in order to immediately save the lives of Americans.

In order to override this executive order, Congress will need to have a supermajority willing to overturn it.

If Obama is really staking his Presidency on this, this is how he can go about it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6494234

I thought EO's were bad. :confused: oh that's right only if done by a Repuke, never mind.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
The primitive wants Dear Leader to be an arsonist and then leave Congress to loot the house before it burns down.  What a bunch of swell Marxists.   :loser:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
The Little Goons want Obama to run the entire country by Executive Order.  Who needs the electoral process when he can simply rule under the theory of "stroke of the pen...law of the land".
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Everyone gets covered by Medicare, my dad, and a lot of your parents and grandparents, die. Now, while is has serious issues, it's targeted towards that age group. When it's open to all, they start shifting priorities. That would be a BIG f'n mistake.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
The Little Goons want Obama to run the entire country by Executive Order.  Who needs the electoral process when he can simply rule under the theory of "stroke of the pen...law of the land".

Look who they hold in high esteem. ...and I'm thinking of Lenin, Stalin, Chavez, and Castro.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
...I leave it to Congress to address the budgetary and finance changes this will require...

:lmao:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
No surprise that only a few over there realize how ridiculous and illegal such a thing would be.

Offline jukin

These are the self-proclaimed gifted and talented Constitutional scholars?

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6494234

I thought EO's were bad. :confused: oh that's right only if done by a Repuke, never mind.

The following day the Chinese announce they want their money back now.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

The primitive wants Dear Leader to be an arsonist and then leave Congress to loot the house before it burns down.  What a bunch of swell Marxists.   :loser:

Think Reichstag fire..........

Offline DumbAss Tanker

This post is stupid on so many levels.  The President can do a surprising amount of stuff with EXORDS, but changing statutes isn't one of them, nor is rewriting appropriations.  Fiscal law would preclude any agency from rendering services to groups not covered by existing law, or paying claims from such services, since that would obligate the US Treasury without an identified appropriation from which to pay the obligation. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
This post is stupid on so many levels.  The President can do a surprising amount of stuff with EXORDS, but changing statutes isn't one of them, nor is rewriting appropriations.  Fiscal law would preclude any agency from rendering services to groups not covered by existing law, or paying claims from such services, since that would obligate the US Treasury without an identified appropriation from which to pay the obligation. 

But do you honestly think that it would stop someone who views the Constitution as a "flawed doccument" from trying?

Reid and Pelosi would cover his @ss in Congress and the MSM would ignore it.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

But do you honestly think that it would stop someone who views the Constitution as a "flawed doccument" from trying?

Reid and Pelosi would cover his @ss in Congress and the MSM would ignore it.

You'd be surprised what effect the words "Anti-Deficiency Act violation" have on senior military and civil service personnel when it's their own ass on the line to actually sign something authorizing a payment.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

Re: "Today, I signed Executive Order 13510, authorizing eligibility for all Amer
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »
You'd be surprised what effect the words "Anti-Deficiency Act violation" have on senior military and civil service personnel when it's their own ass on the line to actually sign something authorizing a payment.

I had never heard of that, so I googled "Anti-Deficiency Act violation".  Now , I have another question.  Is a site ending in .mil part of the federal government, and by necessity a legitimate DOD site? The reason I ask, is that I got a "dangerous site warning for this site.  https://acc.dau.mil/CommunityBrowser.aspx?id=189849

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Might be the certificates aren't up to date.  www.dau.mil is the Defense Acquisition University website, which is DoD.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

Re: "Today, I signed Executive Order 13510, authorizing eligibility for all Amer
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »
Might be the certificates aren't up to date.  www.dau.mil is the Defense Acquisition University website, which is DoD.

I thought it had to be a legitimate site, so I ignored the warning.

Offline Karin

Speaking of unauthorized power grabbing, has the DU had anything to say about Cass Sustein today? 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 01:03:09 PM »
Speaking of unauthorized power grabbing, has the DU had anything to say about Cass Sustein today? 

The most recent are two threads about Glenn Beck targeting him.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6480759

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6488205