Author Topic: DEAN: "What people value more in a president than anything else is strength"  (Read 325 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
kpete  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Sep-06-09 02:33 PM
Original message
DEAN: "What people value more in a president than anything else is strength"   Updated at 2:33 PM

DEAN: Well, I disagree with Newt. I know it’s a big surprise. I think that the polls show that the public does want an option to get into a government plan.

The insurance companies have been really terrible to the American people and to doctors, and I think the public wants some kind of a choice between the private insurance industry and what people over 65 have.

So I think he should stay the course. We already know this is going to be a big partisan fight in the Senate. The senators aren’t going to be interested in helping put something together on the Republican side. They haven’t -- they’ve indicated so over the -- over the summer recess.

So I think he’s got to stand up and lead and be strong. What people value more in a president than anything else is strength, and that’s what we’ve got to see on this week.

more:
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=news-000003...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6479711

The howling one is right. That is why people liked Reagan and in the beginning W. Reagan never flinched when the left accused him of being a mad man hell bent on destroying the world. Instead he spoke to us with reason and didn't whine that people were attacking him.

msongs  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Sep-06-09 02:34 PM
Response to Original message
1. insurance companies are for making $$. if we get sick they'd rather we die than spend $$ on us nt

And the govt will be any better?

vi5  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Sep-06-09 02:58 PM
Response to Original message
7. Obama's biggest screw up......

Not having Dean in his administration. Especially since it was largely Dean's commitment to the 50 state strategy that got Obama elected.

I had a bad, bad feeling when he picked his cabinet and his advisers and everyone else and there was no place for Dean that it was an ominous sign of which direction he was going to go in (playing to the mushy blue dog style middle that Rahm is so enamored of and indebted to, rather than the democratic liberal core).

What about the other 9 states that Obama mentioned? (57 states he visited 2 more to go).

:lmao:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.