Author Topic: Why aren't more religious leaders coming out for healthcare and the public optio  (Read 371 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
still_one  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Sep-06-09 10:28 AM
Original message
Why aren't more religious leaders coming out for healthcare and the public option?

During the Civil Rights movement they were front and center, but with regard to this their silence is deafening

We are talking about 50 million uninsured people

Do they stand for anything?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6477988

If they do shouldn't you call the IRS on them? Oh wait that's only if the fundies say Bush isn't the anti Christ.
So separation of church and state only applies when it suits your purpose.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline MrsSmith

Why aren't more religious leaders coming out for healthcare and the public option?

At a guess, I'd say it's because most of them have READ the Bible, and understand it.   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Hey DUmmies and Dems, it's not like they owe you anything, especially after that BS at Notre Dame and then following it up by Obama high-fiving Islam.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Vagabond

I still can't find the part of the bible that says one shall at the point of a sword take frome one and give to another.  I'm pretty sure that's robbery.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken