Author Topic: racist babbling sister primitive bashes Nebraska's blue senator  (Read 430 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
racist babbling sister primitive bashes Nebraska's blue senator
« on: September 04, 2009, 07:57:48 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6461914

Oh my.

The racist babbling sister primitive, who thinks "darky" and "pickaninny" toys are cute:

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)        Fri Sep-04-09 08:50 AM
Original message

Ben Nelson: Keeping Public Option Will Cause Reform To “Implode”

Still werkin' hard for the insurance companies.

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/health-care/ben-nelso... /

Centrist Dem Senator Ben Nelson, who’s drawing fire from the left over his refusal to clearly state a position on the public option, now seems to have settled on one: Keeping the public option will destroy health care reform.

Nelson made the surprising comments in an interview with Nebraska’s Lincoln Journal-Star.

“I see two endings,” Nelson said when asked by the paper what’s next for reform. “One is we find areas we can agree upon and we begin to do things incrementally, taking more of an insurance approach, not a government approach. Or it implodes.”

The context leaves no doubt that by “government approach” he means the public option, and this statement would seem to be pretty definitive. How can Nelson support the public plan if it will destroy reform?

What’s curious about this is Nelson’s suggestion that he has little control over whether keeping the public option will in fact cause reform to “implode.” He seems to suggest it will just happen of its own accord.

But Nelson himself has a great deal of sway over this. He’s one of the deciding swing votes. If he signals he can support a final bill with the public option, it’s that much less likely to cause reform to implode. If he definitively states he can’t back a bill with the public option, that would make keeping it more likely to cause reform to implode. Yet Nelson is suggesting he’s just some kind of passive observer here. Odd.

I’m checking with Nelson’s office for clarification and will let you know if I get anything back.

The racist babbling sister primitive should check with the offices of her U.S. Senators from Texas, not the blue senator from Nebraska.  The blue senator--and the red senator--don't give an excresence about what the racist babbling sister primitive wants to know, because she's not from Nebraska.

still_one  (1000+ posts)     Fri Sep-04-09 08:52 AM
Response to Original message

1. It is people like Ben Nelson that have destroyed the Democratic party

It's people like the blue senator from Nebraska who's kept the Democrat party viable.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: racist babbling sister primitive bashes Nebraska's blue senator
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:16:11 AM »
It's people like the blue senator from Nebraska who's kept the Democrat party viable.

And it's people DUmb****s like the racist babbling sister, who want to condemn the Democrat Party to the political wilderness for the next generation.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: racist babbling sister primitive bashes Nebraska's blue senator
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »
And it's people DUmb****s like the racist babbling sister, who want to condemn the Democrat Party to the political wilderness for the next generation.

I hope and pray for that neighbor.
The more O moves to the left the more he leaves the rest of the country.