Author Topic: Sources: Obama, GOP's Snowe work on health care compromise  (Read 834 times)

Offline thundley4

Sources: Obama, GOP's Snowe work on health care compromise
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama and top aides have quietly stepped up talks with moderate Republican Sen. Olympia Snowe of Maine on a scaled-back health care bill, according to two sources familiar with the negotiations.
The compromise plan would lack a government-run public health insurance option favored by Obama, but would leave the door open to adding that provision down the road under an idea proposed by Snowe, the sources said.

One of the sources said White House officials are "deep in conversations" with Snowe on a much smaller health care bill than Obama originally envisioned.

The modified proposal would include insurance reforms, such as preventing insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions, according to the source.

The potential deal would give insurance companies a defined period to make such changes in order to help cover more people and drive down long-term costs. But if those changes failed to occur within the defined period, a so-called "trigger" would provide for creating a public option to force change on the insurance companies, the source said.
CNN

I am willing to bet that these negotiations with this traitorous cow, will be the basis of Dear Leader's speech next week.  This so-called "trigger" will give 0Bama cover with the left without pushing a full out "public option" onto the right. It will be worded vaguely enough that the insurance companies can never satisfy the rules, and we'll be stuck with socialized medicine in a few years.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Sources: Obama, GOP's Snowe work on health care compromise
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:33:43 AM »
Right now our saving grace are the Blue Dogs as the GOP is still pretty impotent.

Taxes, deficits, death panels, covering illegals and rationed care are the realities that are sinking this, not just the public option. I also read that 20+ dems had said they will bolt if abortion funding isn't explicitly struck from the bill.

Of course even if the damn thing does pass it'll be bankrupt within 10 years.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 11:05:34 AM »
Snowe = RINO

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 11:22:02 AM »
Snowe = RINO

I wouldn't even be that kind.  She got a lower ACU rating than some DEMORCAT Senators.  To me, she's nothing more than (with Collins) Obama's Comfort Girls.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »
Hell, she's farther to the Left than the Blue Dog Democrats.  A LOT farther in many cases.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.