Author Topic: Excuse me, but when the hell are we going to tax some ****ing rich people!?!  (Read 4530 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Lorax7844  Donating Member  (925 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 03:05 AM
Original message
Excuse me, but when the hell are we going to tax some ****ing rich people!?!

Edited on Wed Sep-02-09 03:09 AM by Lorax7844
Sorry, if you make over 10 million dollars a year; well, it's time to buck the **** up and give the government half. If you make over 5 million well then you can pay 40%. I just saw a thread on cutting medicaid to pay for healthcare and I say "No ****ing way assholes!" It's time for the rich to pay the **** up! I think that this should be something that we push, cause if I hear one more god damn democrat talking about cutting vital services to pay for healthcare I am going to go apeshit. **** that noise! IT'S TIME TO TAX THE RICH!

End Rant.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6443326

Liberals are so generous with other people's money.

Taitertots  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 03:11 AM
Response to Original message
1. Half is not enough

No taxes until 100,000 a year
After 100,000 25% on everything up to 500,000
After 500,000 50% on everything up to 1,000,000
After 1,000,000 90% tax on everything else

Lorax7844  Donating Member  (925 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 03:17 AM
Response to Reply #1
3. Well, even 500,000 is middle class these days especially if you live in CA or NY..

I want to go after the top, I want to get the rich mother ****ers robbing us all.

Yeah me too just last night a limo pulled up and the driver got out and mugged me.  :whatever:

Lorax7844  Donating Member  (925 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 03:23 AM
Response to Reply #6
7. **** um I'm sick of funds getting cut for the poor while those assholes are fighting over lear jets

Edited on Wed Sep-02-09 03:25 AM by Lorax7844
and $20,000 garbage cans.

You want to pay down the deficit and pay for health care, tax the rich, the end. Anyone that says differently is ****ing us!

But if people want to buy crab legs on food stamps they are deserving.  :whatever:

slay  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 06:19 AM
23. I've been wondering the same thing!

The huge gap between the rich and the poor hasn't been this big since the 1930's - and may end up being even bigger than that. We ALLOW the rich to get rich by exploiting the land, the environment, workers, etc. They OWE us. They should be taxed at an EXTREMELY high rate. Unless we all want to end up basically slaves working for $7 an hour, we MUST close the gap between the rich and poor. Taxing the rich to help provide healthcare for the poor who they exploit, ignore, even hate - would be a good start.

salguine  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 06:51 AM
29. I was past "tax them" a long time ago. Tell me why we shouldn't ****ing behead them.

To be fair I am assuming this is a sarcastic snark.

salguine  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 06:53 AM
30. It's corporations, too...75% of US corporations pay NO income tax. None. Zero.

How many times do I have to say it? Corporations do not pay taxes the consumer does.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
I make around 1 percent of that $10 million figure, and when you add up SSA, Fed, property tax, etc., it adds up to over 40 percent.  And I know the "rich" pay a shitload more.

How bout you lazy effers put down the Cheetos, get off the couch, and do for yourselves for a change?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lord Undies

When you see a Little Goon or its ilk writing "tax the rich". please let your mind register "confiscate assets from the rich".  That's what they really mean.  

The Little Goons cannot possible be happy to just tax the "income" of the rich.  There are far too many rich folk out there with no real taxable income.  And besides, to start anew taxing income today still leaves the rich with a pile of money and assets which qualifies them to be labeled "rich".  They can't have that.

The rich must be made poor.  That is, except for the lefty rich, which is a problem for the Little Goons because so very many of their lefty hero-types are very very very rich.  

"CONFISCATE CONSERVATIVES' WEALTH AND GIVE IT TO THE STATE"  <<<  now THAT would be honest.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Someone needs to pay for me to live for free!!!

Drop dead asshole. :bird:

Offline djones520

Taitertots  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 03:11 AM
1. Half is not enough

Right...  so people who make $1,000,000 a year really only take home half as much as people who get paid half what they do.  God these people are ****ing idiots.   :whatever:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:50:23 AM by djones520 »
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
The limousine libs don't care if the Lorax numbers primitive or the others on Skin's island scream out a rant about taxing the rich.  They know they have neither the power, the mental capacity, nor the backbone to be able to follow through with their rants.  And they know that come election time, they'll mindlessly pull the Dem party lever like the little sheep they are.  The primitives are stuck in a prison of their own making.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
When you see a Little Goon or its ilk writing "tax the rich". please let your mind register "confiscate assets from the rich".  That's what they really mean.  

The Little Goons cannot possible be happy to just tax the "income" of the rich.  There are far too many rich folk out there with no real taxable income.  And besides, to start anew taxing income today still leaves the rich with a pile of money and assets which qualifies them to be labeled "rich".  They can't have that.

The rich must be made poor.  That is, except for the lefty rich, which is a problem for the Little Goons because so very many of their lefty hero-types are very very very rich.  

"CONFISCATE CONSERVATIVES' WEALTH AND GIVE IT TO THE STATE"  <<<  now THAT would be honest.

:cheersmate:

Dead on.  Oh, one other . . . Neighbor, you too are dead on.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline terry

Taitertots  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 03:11 AM
1. Half is not enough

Yea that'll work.  

How many people do you think will earn $100,000-$125,000? vs $99,999?
How many people will stop at $999,999.99?

Do they really think people are going to just continue to work hard to earn more just to support the government, when they can just turn down that promotion or ease back on the sales or give the extra money to charity?

Do they think people don't have any influence over how much they make?  Do they think people won't feel resentful and do everything they can to keep the money out of the hands of the government?   People are already resentful with just the rhetoric.

Offline thundley4

Even if the top 5% of wage earners were taxed at 100%, it still would not make a noticeable dent in 0Bama's deficit.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Taitertots  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-02-09 03:11 AM
1. Half is not enough

...and watch entire industries of people who cater to those people go belly up, sending hundreds of thousands out into the world on unemployment.

Yeah, great move, single cell. Great move. The thing about this country you f'n retards don't understand is that there are industries who support ALL tax brackets. ...and those industries are filled with people that work the lines, clean the buildings, power the buildings, provide water to the buildings, sell cars to the workers, work the restaurants that serve the workers, landscape the buildings, provide raw materials for the operation, etc., etc., etc., etc.

What DO you f'n idiots not understand? Why do you idiots think entire towns essentially go extinct when one main factory is closed? I mean, according to you idiots the only people affected would be the people that business serves, right?

Damn, it's like trying to explain Physics to a 5 Y/O.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Excuse me, but when the hell are we going to tax some ******* rich people!?!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 08:07:56 AM »
Do they really think people are going to just continue to work hard to earn more just to support the government, when they can just turn down that promotion or ease back on the sales or give the extra money to charity?

Here's another weird thing, because I've talked to libs about it.

Let's say someone is a commissioned salesperson and they make $1M/yr.  Libs are under the impression if for tax reasons this salesperson decides to only make $250K/yr, that 3 other people over the course of the year can step into that persons' shoes and make $250K each.  There's no concept in their fragile egg-shelled minds that the reason that person makes $1M/yr is because they've built up the relationships with the clientele to be able to do that kind of business.  They really believe someone else can just pick up where the other left off.  :mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Excuse me, but when the hell are we going to tax some ******* rich people!?!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 08:22:31 AM »

Let's say someone is a commissioned salesperson and they make $1M/yr.  Libs are under the impression if for tax reasons this salesperson decides to only make $250K/yr, that 3 other people over the course of the year can step into that persons' shoes and make $250K each.  There's no concept in their fragile egg-shelled minds that the reason that person makes $1M/yr is because they've built up the relationships with the clientele to be able to do that kind of business.  They really believe someone else can just pick up where the other left off.  :mental:

Not gonna happen.

As a personal side to this, my father was a salesman all his life.  He wasn't terribly "book smart," in that he never had a degree.  He did go out and take a fair number of Dale Carnagie courses.  He built up a personal touch with his clients (he sold auto parts to big wholesalers).  I distinctly remember one of his big customers telling me that one of the main reasons that the company that he represented (Raybestos) was still being sold by his chain of auto parts stores was the personal touch that my father built up with his customers.  He became a regional manager, having 15-20 salesmen work for him, and made sure that he had seminars for them that tried to impart the same things he had learned.  They pretty much forced him out a couple of years ago (having lasted there for far longer than he thought he should have, just from brute competence), because he was too old . . . so now he just enjoys his retirement, and works six weeks out of the year for NYRA as a supervisor for parimutuel clerks at Saratoga Race Course.  (The last week of the season starts today, and, last year, they asked him to come to Belmont and work the Jockey Gold Cup for the day.  Guess that he made an impression on his supervisors there, too.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 09:02:39 AM »
The limousine libs don't care if the Lorax numbers primitive or the others on Skin's island scream out a rant about taxing the rich.  They know they have neither the power, the mental capacity, nor the backbone to be able to follow through with their rants.  And they know that come election time, they'll mindlessly pull the Dem party lever like the little sheep they are.  The primitives are stuck in a prison of their own making.

So lets make this clear. George Soros, William Buffett, Bill Gatess, Peter Lewis, all the big stars in Hollywood, Charlie Rangel and Barack Obama should all be paying at LEAST 50% in income taxes?? Right?? All those rap musicians, rock n rollers, NBA players etc etc would be out of luck?

I guess that would mean they would need to stop funding so many leftwing causes.

And they should not be allowed to invest in tax-free municipal bonds either!! Talk about a tax shelter!!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Excuse me, but when the hell are we going to tax some ****ing rich people!?!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
Lorax7844  Donating Member  (925 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 03:23 AM
Response to Reply #6

7. **** um I'm sick of funds getting cut for the poor while those assholes are fighting over lear jets

and $20,000 garbage cans.

You want to pay down the deficit and pay for health care, tax the rich, the end. Anyone that says differently is ****ing us!

Why is this DUmmie complaining about its congress?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Excuse me, but when the hell are we going to tax some ****ing rich people!?!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »
Do they think people don't have any influence over how much they make?

Yes! In bolshevik lingo, spoken just a few years ago by the wimpy then majority leader of the Senate, Tom Daschle, we are "winners in life's lottery".

Life is a lottery. There is no credit or blame affixed to one's success or lack of it.

A human being is just a little piece of trash floating through the currents and eddies of the river of time.

People who attain more than that are just the beneficiaries of a bolt of lightning, or some other naturally-occurring anomaly.

That is the DUmmy view, and it explains their attitude toward us as well as their general uselessness.

They are convinced they are helpless human trash, and that nothing will change that. Their hatred of us is pure jealousy.

The DUmmy view, in their case, is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 11:43:54 AM »

Dare I suggest that maybe a little experience with this thing that we call work might help them to understand a little better.   :whatever:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 11:46:25 AM »
  Dare I suggest that maybe a little experience with this thing that we call work might help them to understand a little better.   :whatever:

What you suggest is 10 times worse than waterboarding, placing panties on the head, and sleep deprivation combined.  :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 12:02:14 PM »
Great to see that the entitlement nation still thrives.

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
Perhaps Obamussolini's czars mentioned to him "Hey, WE'RE rich, and so are you!  Maybe we better re-think the BS we flung to get those idiots to vote you into office..."
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »

A DUmmie that actually WAS willing to work would NEVER have a commissioned pay type of job.  Because it is not a fair way to make a living.  They might actually have to show up for weeks, possibly months, getting no pay.  Then there is that nasty thing called a successful salesman, who would be making FAR MORE than anyone has a right to make.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
To Terry's point.  In blue country Connecticut, they have a new law.  You can sail along with normal tax tables until you hit $138,000.  All of a sudden from penny one, your taxes are JACKED way up.  I mean a hockey stick curve.  It's stupid.  I called my ex husband who works commission sales there, and advised him to go up until 130K or so then watch it.  Take the days off, take the vacations, take lunch hours.  Scale back and go Galt. 

Didn't CT congressgoons consider that? 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »
1. Half is not enough

OK, let's see just how this works.

If you make $100,000 then you keep your $100,000

If you make $100,001 then you keep $75,000. Boy don't that sound like a good idea?

If you make $500,000 then you keep $250,000. You lose half!

So if you make $1,000,000 you have to pay 25% on $100,001 up to $500,000. That works out to $125,000 in tax. The next $500,000 works out to be $250,000 in tax for a total of $375,000 in total. Or actually if you tax them on $999,999 it actually would be $499,999.50

If you make $1,000,000 then you get to keep $.10 on every dollar over the original. Boy, there will be a hell of a lot of incentive to make money for the frikkin' governmaent, won't there?

So you in your infinite wisdom believe anyone making a million dollars should give half to the government! If you think people will put up with half of their income being confiscated, you certainly don't know the American people. The fact is, they DAMN near pay that now, and they're telling Bam Bam to pound sand!

DUmmie math always makes me want to have another scotch!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jukin

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 02:35:57 PM »
We really need to apply that to small business owners.

Example:

I can double my companies revenue and make more money but I will have to hire people (more headaches), risk capital to expand, be under even more government regulations (more headaches), and overall have more work to do and more worries. Is all of the above worth it if I don't make an incremental jump in take home? NO.

The most likely outcome will be, I do not double my sales, I don't hire anymore employees (in fact may look at downsizing), keep capital (no one else hires people), have just a minor yearly increase in government making it harder for me to stay in business, and have about the same amount of work and worries.  The possible business goes, most likely, to another country. 

That's economic reality.

Of course this is based on my actually having a small business and not eating cheetos in the basement or being a politician that has never honestly put a meal on anybody's table.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:38:06 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »
bikebloke  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 11:10 AM
63. I've seen their tax returns.

I used to work in a bank auditing loans. And I saw a lot of tax returns of people making $300,000 - $500,000 a year. My wage was not much more than minimum wage without benefits, yet I was paying more in taxes than they were. And not by percentage, but dollars.

:bs:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 03:16:28 PM »
bikebloke  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 11:10 AM
63. I've seen their tax returns.

I used to work in a bank auditing loans. And I saw a lot of tax returns of people making $300,000 - $500,000 a year. My wage was not much more than minimum wage without benefits, yet I was paying more in taxes than they were. And not by percentage, but dollars.

:lmao:

How can it expect ANYONE to believe that pile of horseshit?!  10 to 1 odds said DUmmie making minimum wage was paying ZERO in taxes and quite possibly, due to the magic of the EIC, said DUmmie got back more than it paid in.

If this was true I need to get a new tax guy .... I paid almost $30,000 last year and I didn't make anywhere CLOSE to $300,000. 

DUmmie, I know you're reading this so pay attention.  That means I paid almost twice what you earned in a year.

KC

*Stolen