Author Topic: U.S. Soldier Killed in Eastern Afghanistan(August Deadliest Month of Deadliest Y  (Read 310 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
tekisui  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Aug-28-09 10:19 AM
Original message
U.S. Soldier Killed in Eastern Afghanistan(August Deadliest Month of Deadliest Year)   Updated at 10:26 AM

Edited on Fri Aug-28-09 10:36 AM by tekisui
Source: ThaiIndian

KABUL (BNO NEWS) — A U.S. soldier was killed while on patrol in eastern Afghanistan on Friday, officials said.

According to the NATO-led ISAF alliance, the vehicle the soldier was travelling in was struck by an improvised explosive device (IED) in the eastern part of the country. Specific details were not immediately released.

“On behalf of all the members of ISAF, I extend my most sincere condolences to this service member’s loved ones. Our prayers are with them in their time of loss,” said Brigadier-General Eric Tremblay, a spokesman for ISAF. “As we accept his sacrifice in the ongoing struggle against a resilient insurgency, we will continue to work with our Afghan security partners so that the Afghan population can benefit from an improved security situation all across Afghanistan.”

more: http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/us-soldier-ki...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

August becomes the deadliest month in the deadliest year of the Afghanistan War. The escalation of deaths continues, even as decisions on sending 15,000-45,000 more troops are being made. THe past 8 years were just the opening act.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6409762

theHandpuppet  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Aug-28-09 10:41 AM
Response to Original message
2. Just a few minutes ago I heard on the news that four more have been killed

ENOUGH!

:(

Yet no calls for frog marching and impeachment.
Maybe after they get govt run healthcare they will get to that.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.