Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Glenn Beck  (Read 1238 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Glenn Beck
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:45 PM »
Canuckistanian  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 09:41 PM
Original message
Glenn Beck is toast
And you know what? Even if he ISN'T toast for the moment, he soon will be.
Sooner or later, the Fox bean-counters will prevail over the Fox political hard-liners.

Bet on it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6407283
Well, ever since I first heard Beck on the radio a few years ago, I've thought he was trying to do Rush's schtick,
under the handicap of not having a brain. He just seems really shallow and dumb, a small-time pretender like
Phil Valentine. But anyone the DUmmies hate this much can't be all bad. Go Glenn!!

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 09:43 PM
1. Alas,
you are underestimating the greed of the network suits, and you are overestimating the intelligence of Beck viewers.

It doesn't matter if Beck loses advertisers. The advertisers on the rest of Fox News will carry him.

What matters are his viewers, and his numbers are up.

Nice thought on your part, but I think, and I hope I'm wrong, a bit unrealistic.................................

DUmmy Tangerine LaBamba, who rivals DUmmy nadinbrzrzkzrz in the arrogance department, has been making
at least a thousand posts per day for some time now. She has also adopted the really annoying artifice of
ending each post with about two inches of dots. Hereinafter her excess dots will be eliminated.

Canuckistanian  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 09:47 PM
3. Ah, but there's my point
Beck now needs to be SUBSIDIZED.
He's no longer a profitable venture.

It's only a matter of time.

DUmmies really believe that Beck isn't making money for Fox, despite a skyrocketing viewership.

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 09:52 PM
5. That's not subsidizing -  
it's allocation of resources, and he's bringing in viewers who stay and watch other shows. Networks do this all the time. Why do you think MSNBC carries those bizarre prison shows all weekend? They pay for things like KO and Rachel during the week.

Nice try, but I think you're whistling past the graveyard, and ignoring real life.
Goodness knows Keef and The Munch don't draw flies. And GE shareholders are not happy about it.

jobycom (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 10:01 PM
Response to Reply #3
10. They don't care.
FOX News, and all the corporations who own the news, knows their media outlets won't make money by themselves. They use the media outlets to influence politics. They make a lot more money by keeping people racist and pissed off at liberals and African Americans and everyone else because then everyone votes for the "great white hope" (Republicans), and the parent corporations get their money back in tax cuts and loopholes and deregulation.

Glen Beck makes them a ton of money. They don't care if a few corporate sponsors shift their cash around to look like they aren't really sponsoring him.

Canuckistanian  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 10:09 PM
14. How does Beck make money without corporate support?
And how does influencing politics make money?

Tax breaks? Sure. But they already got those during Bush.

Advertisers are REVENUE. Lose revenue, lose profit.

I wonder if the DUmmies have checked on the commercial minutes during Beck's show. They haven't changed.
And the price per minute has jumped with his huge increase in audience.

Canuckistanian  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 10:05 PM
12. His show is no longer profitable
You just can't lose 30 sponsors and hope to break even.

The margins are just too thin at Fox.

Not one sponsor has left Fox or reduced its spending, and Beck's revenue is up enormously.

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 10:15 PM
Response to Reply #12
18. You're not thinking broadly -  
you think that because some advertisers pulled their ads from Beck they also pulled them from Fox News.

No, they did not.
They're just advertising more on the other shows.

And that's how the Beck show stays on the air and continues to draw in viewers.

DJ13 (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 09:50 PM
4. Murdoch has been squeezing his companies for extra profit recently
He closed a free newspaper in London, and expressed an intent to even start charging a subscription to access Fox News online.

He wont let Beck damage his profits for long.

Dummies just don't get it.
Fox News does not depend on moonbats. They are not Whole Foods.

MadBadger  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 10:12 PM
15. He isnt toast and wont be anytime soon
If Hannity has survived for such a long time with no sign of stopping, Beck will be fine. Especially since he regularly gets at least 2 million viewers a day.

Hmmm he gets what..four times Keef's audience?

KelleyKramer  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 10:27 PM
22. 2 million viewers a day? You are full of it
Please do tell ??
No way Beck gets three or four times Keef's audience!! No way!!

Cali_Democrat  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 10:30 PM
23. Well he had 3 million viewers on Aug 26
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/27/big-beck-goes-over...  

Uh oh. Never mind.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: DUmmies Discuss Glenn Beck
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:28:41 PM »
So Beck is on for a full hour with no commercials now?  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:13:21 PM »
The Dummies don't know Glenn Beck.  I have been listening to him since somewhere around 2003 and I was taken with him right away.  He was no GWB supporter.  In fact, about 1-1/2 years ago when he was on Headline News, he had the head of the GAO on who told Glenn exactly what would happen and it did - just about a year ago.  

Glenn asks the questions no one else will and he has said that at this point he doesn't care if he loses his wealth and his place on TV.  

The Dummies might actually watch him and learn a few things, and things that might actually might make them angry and feel used by Obama.  BTW - this week his show is packed full of information and in fact, last night he had 3 million viewers, and that is at 4:00 CST.  If they would watch, they might actually discover that Obama couldn't care less about any one of those people at the democratic underground - they are just bystanders.  

This country is in major trouble, folks.  I am beginning to be afraid of what is coming up.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I-16u9x3tfE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I-16u9x3tfE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:15:24 PM by Traveshamockery »

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 11:56:46 PM »
The Dummies don't know Glenn Beck.  I have been listening to him since somewhere around 2003 and I was taken with him right away.  He was no GWB supporter.  In fact, about 1-1/2 years ago when he was on Headline News, he had the head of the GAO on who told Glenn exactly what would happen and it did - just about a year ago.  

Glenn asks the questions no one else will and he has said that at this point he doesn't care if he loses his wealth and his place on TV.  

The Dummies might actually watch him and learn a few things, and things that might actually might make them angry and feel used by Obama.  BTW - this week his show is packed full of information and in fact, last night he had 3 million viewers, and that is at 4:00 CST.  If they would watch, they might actually discover that Obama couldn't care less about any one of those people at the democratic underground - they are just bystanders.  

This country is in major trouble, folks.  I am beginning to be afraid of what is coming up.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I-16u9x3tfE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I-16u9x3tfE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I think you are on the money but you need to put some feeling into it with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a couple of hundred dots.........................................

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 01:05:34 AM »
The primitives don't get it. Nobody wants to see Tingly Leg Matthews or Olberturd, that's why FOX consistently slams them in the ratings.

Can you say "Air America"?
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 04:38:41 AM »
I saw on Drudge that Beck was #2 on 8/26 overall--just behind O'Reilly, and actually beat O'Reilly in one of the demographics.  Also, if you want to support Beck, go out and buy Common Sense.  I got it yesterday, and my wife's reading it.  Why am I not reading it?  Because I also picked up James Wesley, Rawles' book Patriots:  A Novel of Survival In The Coming Collapse and I'm already 65 pages into the 387-page book.

ETA:  BTW, JWR's wife has about a month left to live--some terminal disease that I can't really remember the name of (probably a cancer of some sort)--so if you could, pray for him and "the Memsahib."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:40:24 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 07:54:59 AM »
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/27/big-beck-goes-over-3-million-viewers-beats-oreilly-in-demo-cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-august-26-2009/25541

Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm,

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
Glenn Beck– 3,040,000 viewers (888,000) (1,385,000)
Situation Room—688,000 viewers (141,000) (271,000)
Hardball w/ Chris Matthews—536,000 viewers (139,000) (217,000)
Fast Money—215,000 viewers (55,000) (80,000)
Prime News–267,000 viewers (97,000) (109,000)

Those are some serious numbers for a non prime time news show.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:31 AM »
I still heart Glenn. I love him even more now that he's getting the Rush treatment from the DUmmies.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/27/big-beck-goes-over-3-million-viewers-beats-oreilly-in-demo-cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-august-26-2009/25541

Those are some serious numbers for a non prime time news show.

Yeah, but no one really watches him.  Those ratings come from doctor's offices and car dealerships. (DU mode)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 08:14:46 AM »
Beck isn't going anywhere.  And it gives the primitives more reasons to whine and cry and be angry about everything in the world.  Sounds like a winner all the way around.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 08:21:47 AM »
If you can, you should watch Glenn Beck today or at least record it. 

Glenn Beck twitters this morning:

glennbeck  TODAY marks the end of the SILENT transformation. AMERICA PIVOTS back to sanity. Tell EVERYONE you know to watch tonight. Enough is Enough.

glennbeck  Only running "defense" from left: "where was gb during bush?" A: saying the same things. Q: where are you now? If wrong then how about now?

glennbeck  Going into radio/tv meetings now. Warning to radical left: 1st half of tv show tonight 4 u. 2nd half tonight for BOTH parties. Then 2 dc912

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 08:28:24 AM »
Damn, that is one obstinately-stupid Canadian.  It doesn't say much for you when T-to-the-L-B looks concise and analytical in taking apart your stupid ideas.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 12:04:19 PM »
Hardball w/ Chris Matthews—536,000 viewers

:lmao:

Jesus H.! The city where I live has 2x that many people!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 03:36:30 PM »
I have the show set to be DVR'd.  I'll watch it later, during Teddy's tribute on Fox.  I'm curious as to what it will be.  He's been hammering the evil czars all week.  I too have started "Common Sense."  Some call Glenn a fear-monger, and it's true, I do get anxious listening to him.  What's going to happen to my country?  What power will some asshole wield?  Can it ever be reversed?   

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 03:58:08 PM »
Yeah, but no one really watches him.  Those ratings come from doctor's offices and car dealerships. (DU mode)

When the DUmp monkeys aren't around to complain about and change the channel... :whatever:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »
Well, I guess I have DUmmy genes in there somewhere. Everyone, except the DUmmies and me, likes Glenn Beck. To me, Beck's shallow and hysterical, and O'Reilly, who used to be good, is insufferably pompous and arrogant.

Maybe someday my mole can be a primitive of prominence.

But I think Rush and Hannity are great.

And I love Malkin, Coulter, and Ingraham, even though it's a pain to shove the three of them out of the sack every morning, and they take
forever in the bathroom.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 05:44:57 PM »
Well, I guess I have DUmmy genes in there somewhere. Everyone, except the DUmmies and me, likes Glenn Beck. To me, Beck's shallow and hysterical, and O'Reilly, who used to be good, is insufferably pompous and arrogant.

And I love Malkin, Coulter, and Ingraham, even though it's a pain to shove the three of them out of the sack every morning, and they take
forever in the bathroom.

It's cute that you named your cats after Laura, Ann, and Michelle.

Offline WMD Owl

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 06:54:13 PM »
It's cute that you named your cats after Laura, Ann, and Michelle.

My Doberman is named "G. Gordon"...

My Lab is named "Ollie".....

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 07:28:28 PM »

forever in the bathroom.

Even if you think Glenn Beck is shallow and hysterical, I recommend watching his shows from this last week....damn powerful stuff.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 08:27:31 PM »
Do you know most of those boycotting advertisers, never advertised on Beck's show !?  DU doesn't do much research, DU they...lol. 

I watched him today, verizon and dannon are still with him :)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 11:06:27 PM »
My Doberman is named "G. Gordon"...

My Lab is named "Ollie".....

Ahh, I'm remembering something you told me about you and G. Gordon.  :cheersmate:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 11:54:58 PM »
If the Dummies hate him it must be good. Have listen to him for the past few years. Most of the things he has predicted have come true.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"