Author Topic: DU'ers, Looking for work? AstroTurfing jobs available !!!!  (Read 957 times)

Offline thundley4

DU'ers, Looking for work? AstroTurfing jobs available !!!!
« on: August 27, 2009, 01:00:29 PM »
Dulcinea   (1000+ posts)           Thu Aug-27-09 01:25 PM
Original message
Democracy for America is hiring!

Edited on Thu Aug-27-09 01:26 PM by Dulcinea
Got this in my e-mail:

Democracy for America is hiring state-level Public Option Field Organizers for an intense three-month pressure campaign to pass a public option as part of healthcare reform.

We're upping the ante and are looking to put full-time, hired, grassroots field organizers, on the ground to pressure elected leaders to pass healthcare reform with a public option in your state.

You can see the entire job description here:
www.DemocracyForAmerica.com/PublicOptionApply

You know your state better than anyone and you have better contacts. We need your help to get the word out because time is critical and we have a very tight timeline to hire additional staff.

Can you pass this position onto anyone you think might be a good fit? Can you post this on a local blog? Send it to a local email list?

Public Option Field Organizers will have their work cut out for them. They need to hit the ground running to build grassroots pressure and get Senators and Representatives off the fence in support of the public option.

If you know anyone interested in joining this intense three-month campaign to get a public option passed, please send them this link:

www.DemocracyForAmerica.com/PublicOptionApply

Thank you for all that you do,

-AQ

Adam Quinn, Field Director
Democracy for America

P.S. Questions? As always, feel free to contact me and the rest of the DFA Field Team at field@democracyforamerica.com
  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6403710

On a side note, some thuggery and intimidation may be required if no SEIU members are present.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: DU'ers, Looking for work? AstroTurfing jobs available !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »
How dare they accuse us of doing this! There is not one instance of this happening with conservatives! Problem is the Obama networks (read MSM) refuse to publicize this! The free press in America has lost all sense of what "free" means!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »
I'm going to apply.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »
Wow, because the thread title has the word "work" in it, it is surely Kryptonite.  Not one reply, except for the original poster kicking it.  

Offline lastparker

Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 01:30:42 PM »
I emailed Beck. I can't hear him so someone report back for the next couple of days.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 03:08:25 PM »
I'm going to apply.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

This should be gooood!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 03:19:08 PM »
This is very interesting.......they are hiring for a "three month" campaign, which likely won't begin until September, and therefore they don't have any confidence that the bill will pass during that period........

The 2010 campaign season for congress begins on January 1, and we all know that this abortion won't have a snowball's chance in hell of even coming up for a vote after January first, as to vote for it would be political suicide for many of them, regardless of party......

Sounds like desperation to me..........and they know something that we do not.......that this bill is DOA.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 07:15:19 PM »
OMG!

They have Maxine Waters as one of their 64 "esteemed" house healthcare heros that are voting for "Zerocare"....

Just  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 07:17:25 PM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »
OMG!
They have Maxine Waters as one of their 64 "esteemed" house healthcare heros that are voting for "Zerocare"....

Just  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:
If you're a democrat, Maxine Waters is esteemed.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 11:09:10 PM »
If you're a democrat, Maxine Waters is esteemed.

If you're sane, she's a f'n nutjob.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 11:58:29 PM »
If you're sane, she's a f'n nutjob.

ain't that the truth