Author Topic: DUmmies start list of Kennedy crimes  (Read 1401 times)

Offline lastparker

DUmmies start list of Kennedy crimes
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:47:41 AM »
unwittingly, as they school the hapless Kansas schoolteacher in the error of her ways.....

Siwsan (209 posts)      Wed Aug-26-09 05:18 PM
Original message
Dominick Dunne has died
 Just saw this on Huffington Post. Died last night. 83 years old.

proud2BlibKansan  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-26-09 05:19 PM
Response to Original message
1. How sad
 I remember when his daughter was murdered. What a horrific tragedy. 
Uh oh......
Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-26-09 05:20 PM
2. The irony, the irony - 
 Dominic Dunne was unsurpassed in his hatred for the Kennedy family. He loathed them.
And now he dies on the same day as Teddy, who is the only one the world will notice.
Oh, the irony, the irony..................................

polly7  (490 posts)        Wed Aug-26-09 05:23 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. I didn't know that ...... why on earth did he hate the Kennedy
 family? I always kind of like Dominic Dunne, but do only know him from his coverage of the big court cases and the loss of his daughter.
  Uh oh...... thou must not show sympathy for the other side.....
WonderGrunion (714 posts)        Wed Aug-26-09 05:25 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. Dominic hated Teddy because of Chappaquiddick
 He thinks the Kennedy's used the power of their family name to cover up the death.

He's wrong. But victim's rights advocates rarely care about falsely accusing people.

msanthrope  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-26-09 05:49 PM
Response to Reply #4
14. And the Martha Moxley case....he hated the Skakels, too. b/t

Don't forget Willie Smith, hell - ya'll are just getting started.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Lord Undies

Re: DUmmies start list of Kennedy crimes
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »
WonderGrunion (714 posts)        Wed Aug-26-09 05:25 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. Dominic hated Teddy because of Chappaquiddick
 He thinks the Kennedy's used the power of their family name to cover up the death.

He's wrong. But victim's rights advocates rarely care about falsely accusing people.

I think the Tale of Chappaquiddick has pretty much been cemented.  The reality is known and all the lies in the world will not make Mary Jo any deader than she is or raise her from her grave. 

But liberals "feel" that if they can get just one person to believe a lie, their day has not been a waste.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:18:16 AM »
The DUmmies are bringing up Laura Bush's accident , when she was only 17, as a defense for Homicidal Teddy.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6398405
Raspberry (117 posts)           Wed Aug-26-09 06:44 PM
Response to Reply #5
18. Many of us feel

that a person's actions after an accident reveal their true character.

Laura Bush had an accident. What was so "scandalous" about that. It happens to lots of people--but probably 99% of them don't leave the scene and fail to report the accident for many hours. THAT is a true scandal.

I have been a stupid 17-year old girl. Thank God no one died for my stupidity, but I will stick up for her because I can imagine what it feels like to have something like that on your conscience--forever.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6398343

There is one DUmmie that is ordering their tombstone in both threads; Raspberry.
Raspberry (117 posts)           Wed Aug-26-09 06:25 PM
1. Oh God, I hate to be in this position

There is MUCH that Pickles did that's fair game for criticism, and I loathe her husband with every ounce of my being, BUT:

Her accident and TK's are NOT, NOT, NOT equivalent.

Laura Welch (because she wasn't a Bush at the time) was 17 freaking years old. She ran a stop sign because she was a distracted TEENAGE driver. Someone died as a result. She had not been drinking (that I've ever read.) She did not leave the scene of an accident. There were no questionable circumstances.

Ted Kennedy was a 30-something married SENATOR, for crying out loud, he had been drinking, although what his BAC was we will never know, since he left the scene of the accident, and did not report it until the next day. A young woman died in an air pocket in his car, evidence that she probably could have survived the accident IF he had bothered to get help.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
BLIND SQUIRREL ALERT! BLIND SQUIRREL ALERT!
 BLIND SQUIRREL ALERT!

The entire democrat party is a 'victim's rights advocate' and thereby WRONG and falsely accuses people of doing what they would have done.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 02:27:08 PM »
Everybody, speaking of vast Teddy, if you'd like to have a delightful read,

Go Here

and leave a little present of your own. 

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »

Go Here

Hmmm, I'm reading that and not really feeling the love.  :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »

Go Here

Oh my. :-)

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »

Go Here

Is there a time delay between when you drop your "present" and when it posts, or are they actively editing the ones they don't like?  I posted mine about half an hour ago, and it isn't up there.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
Is there a time delay between when you drop your "present" and when it posts, or are they actively editing the ones they don't like?  I posted mine about half an hour ago, and it isn't up there.

Knowing your deep admiration (cough) for Vast Teddy, I would suspect you ran afoul of a vitriol filter.

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »
Is there a time delay between when you drop your "present" and when it posts, or are they actively editing the ones they don't like?  I posted mine about half an hour ago, and it isn't up there.

The best of the first page:
Posted by: Rick in ohio | Aug 27, 2009 12:53:06 PM

I will remember JFK for the space program that landed a man on the moon. He was a flawed man and made serious mistakes, but his heart was with America.

I remember RFK for his tragic death at the hands of a Palestinian, but I was too young to know much about him.

I will remember Edward Kennedy for the 1965 Immigration bill that is turning the US into a Third World country, for Chappaquiddick, for his work with George Bush to force illegal alien amnesty down the throats of the American people despite 75% opposition - twice, and for his lies about Judge Bork and Clarence Thomas. He was instrumental to most disastrous liberal government programs during his senate career.He was a bad man. I do not mourn his death.

I do not think we will hear much from the Kennedy family again. I wish Caroline well, and hope she devotes herself and her fortune to charitable causes, but she is not right for public office.

Ooooo eta one more
Posted by: manateespirit | Aug 27, 2009 1:46:55 PM

He reminds us that stimulus money needs to be diverted to building guard rails for bridges.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:41:16 PM by lastparker »
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »
Knowing your deep admiration (cough) for Vast Teddy, I would suspect you ran afoul of a vitriol filter.

:-)

All I said was that the entire clan was no more than a pimple on the butt of humanity, and wished good riddance to the last of bad rubbish.  I held my tongue in check, really I did?!?!?!

:banghead: :banghead: :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 03:44:07 PM »
Much truth to elitism there.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »
Mine got posted right away.  Maybe try again?  There seems to be only one moonbat over there, "Pauline."  She thinks we're "mean." 

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »

Go Here

Thanks and HI5!

Offline WMD Owl

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 08:23:37 PM »
One thing about the Kennedys.... the current generation doesn't have anyone the media is ga-ga over.  JFK Jr. was the closest thing, and that idiot is presently sitting on the bottom of the ocean.

Why they didn't give him a decent land burial still baffles me.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 08:55:32 PM »
One thing about the Kennedys.... the current generation doesn't have anyone the media is ga-ga over.  JFK Jr. was the closest thing, and that idiot is presently sitting on the bottom of the ocean.

Me too.  It was strange, out of character, and reeked of trying to hide something.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
All this talk about adding teds name to the health care bill as some kind of memorial to him is asinine. I wouldn't name a swimming pool after him
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 04:29:53 AM »

Still, they try with Caroline.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline WMD Owl

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 05:29:42 AM »
Still, they try with Caroline.

Caroline is a head case.

And who could forget this interview...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAgI4AS1NVg