Author Topic: I am headed to a healthcare townhall with NE senator Ben Nelson today. My questi  (Read 591 times)

Offline CC27

Maru Kitteh  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-24-09 11:58 AM
Original message
I am headed to a healthcare townhall with NE senator Ben Nelson today. My question:

OK. I am going to a healthcare townhall with Nelson today. I will be in the distinct minority up against a big wall of stupid.

I realize we would all (myself included) like to ask him questions like "Why are you such a dumbass?" and "Why do you pretend to be a Democrat?" but I do not wish to waste my opportunity to ask a thoughtful question, should I get it.

My question (work in progress) is:

Senator Nelson, thank you for coming here today. This is a two-part question, you have expressed trepidation about the public option in HR 3200 because you fear that it may hurt Big Insurance companies, but isn't it true that the public option is designed mostly for people Big Insurance has mostly left behind like the self-employed and small businesses? It's my understanding the public option wouldn't even be available for people employed by a company of 50 or more employees.

And secondly, Nebraska has some of the most physician-friendly tort reform in the country and it has not significantly brought down prices for services or insurance - how do you propose to put downward pressure on prices for healthcare services without a non-for-profit option?

I'm still very open to serious and thoughtful suggestions. What do you think?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6379738

Offline thundley4

OK. I am going to a healthcare townhall with Nelson today. I will be in the distinct minority up against a big wall of stupid.

Then you should walk around that wall and join try to join the more intelligent people that are there. You know, the ones that don't want the government taking over more of their lives?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Then you should walk around that wall and join try to join the more intelligent people that are there. You know, the ones that don't want the government taking over more of their lives?

The problem with that is that the DUmmies truly don't understand whats wrong with the Government running it.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Man, talk about getting off on the wrong foot.

.....you have expressed trepidation about the public option in HR 3200 because you fear that it may hurt Big Insurance companies.....

I don't think Senator Nelson ever said anything like that.

Yeah, we have stupid people here in Nebraska, too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Ask the Senator what happens if the government healthcare system diagnoses 1200 veterans as ALS and they all choose "life not worth living" and the ""assisted" suicide option"???

Would there be a special prosecutor?

Offline thundley4

Ask the Senator what happens if the government healthcare system diagnoses 1200 veterans as ALS and they all choose "life not worth living" and the ""assisted" suicide option"???

Would there be a special prosecutor?

It's just more of 0Bama's cost cutting measures.  Fool the people into choosing assisted suicide.

I hadn't heard of this until now.  A quick search also shows that military service has links to ALS.