Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive tells us something  (Read 615 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive tells us something
« on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:08 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6355346

Oh my.

The sparkling husband primitive, who has NOT donated to Skins's island:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-20-09 03:44 PM
Original message

Lemme tell ya somethin'. This health care debate. It isn't a sportz event and it isn't about Obama

It isn't about repubicans either.

Or Pelosi or Baucus or teabaggers or birthers or gun fetishists or American Nazis..

It is about real life and death for real people. We all know that the best plan, the only one that will reduce costs in a MEANINGFUL way and get REAL health CARE to every citizen, is single payer.

Everything else is just jerking off.

Yeah, some bullshit "public option" might be a step in the right direction and get us there in 20 years.

The easiest way forward is likely Medicare for all. Reduce the age for eligibility to -9 months and it is done. Pay for it by diverting the protection racket money we pay the insurance companies to the government and it is DONE AND PAID FOR.

It is time to stop making this about personalities and time to start making it about PERSONS.

Geeeze .....

The lazy primitive, who has NOT donated to Skins's island:

Laelth  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-20-09 03:54 PM
Response to Original message

3. As I have said before, to many people in DC, politics is a game.
 The sole goal of the political game is to help our team (the ones in the blue jerseys) win. It's not about doing anything good for the American people. You can hear this sentiment all the time, even on DU.

"You must be a freeper who hates Obama if you don't support what he's doing"

"DK is a whiner. He should be supporting the President."

"If we don't pass health insurance reform, we will lose in 2010."

It goes on and on. They just want to win. They would rather pass a horrible bill that hurts more Americans than it helps just so they can say "Obama won."

Their only core belief is that their team should win. I suppose they have some values (if we can pick up 20 more Senate seats and 50 more House seats then we can pass solid, liberal legislation!), but they always believe that "winning" must come before working toward the actualization of those values. In the end, their values are completely overwhelmed by their desire to "win" at all costs, and to hell with the people.

I saw a thread earlier in which Rahm was screaming at the leaders of liberal organizations saying, "We are 13-0 going into health care." Rahm was mad about ads being run by liberal organizations against conservative Democrats, but you can see his mind-set. 13-0? Like a football team that's having a killer season.

It's a game to him. I hope it's not a game to the President.

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-20-09 05:17 PM
Response to Reply #3

7. Oftentimes it is a game. And oftentimes, it doesn't much matter.

But every once in a while, it does.

This is one of those once in a whiles. This is the best chance we have had for this "holy grail" in at least a generation. Now is the time to do the right thing, not the strategic thing.

But ya know .... funny thing is, if ya do the right thing, the strategery just falls into place.

By the way, while I do, indeed, sense some gamesmanship on our side of this debate, I don't think the president is wholly callous about it. I just think he's somewhat off key, but generally singing from the a same sheet of music.

I know ..... preaching to the choir. Thanks for a thoughtful reply to my post. They're few and far between, of late.

Hmmm.  One wonders what's up with that.

The hosiery primitive, who has NOT donated to Skins's island:

Phoebe Loosinhouse  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-20-09 04:01 PM

4. "It's about real life and real death for real people" - to you and me maybe and for most of the people who post here.

But for many it is the equivalent of a game. Like when that asshole Carville says let reform go down and blame the Republicans and use it to get MORE seats next time - for why? To blow it again so that we can blame it on them again and get MORE seats and then we can blow it again and . . .

For some if not most of the people in office it is not about life and death. You stated the right thing to do. You know it. I know it. The American people know it. The medical industry knows it. The rest of the world knows it. But there's NO MONEY in single payer for the pols. That's why they just strangely can't seem to figure it all out.

They could pass a 3 page law that opens up Medicare to anyone who is uninsured.

They don't do it because they don't want to do. None of them. It doesn't matter if you are talking Republican or Democrat. We have to retain our "Uniquely American" system of corrupting Congress with health industry dollars.

The wallpaper primitive, who has NOT donated to Skins's island:

walldude  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-20-09 04:19 PM

6. Funny you should use the sports analogy

I was just reading about some hack who was yelling about competition and "winning" in the health care industry.

Yes football is just like cancer, the team with the most money and most power wins and the other one... dies.

The left-handed Tennessee primitive, who has NOT donated to Skins's island:

tnlefty  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-20-09 08:52 PM

14. When I hear the bullshit about 'killing Grandma' and 'death panels' and 'rationing care to the elderly' my blood begins to boil.

My Mom dealt with Hospice of Chattanooga in its infancy when the wingnuts around here didn't want any part of it - they're gonna kill people instead of keeping them in the hospital and prolonging life as long as possible. The Schiavo fiasco was the last straw for my republican mother. My stepfather was allowed to die at home, and I was in the thick of it with my Mom caring for him. She became disgusted with the republican party and refuses to vote for them anymore, unless they regain some sense of sanity.

My MIL had 2 hip replacements, was treated for cancer, until it was out of control. She went home from the hospital in early June with her requests blatantly posted on the 'fridge, and she died earlier this month with Hospice care. Every bit of her care was covered by Medicare.

These crazy-assed arguments are just so much bullshit, and every American should be entitled the privacy to determine their end of life decisions and the type of care that was available to my MIL. I would love to have that as opposed to being stiffed and shafted by BCBS of TN.

I've actually had to fight BCBS over something as simple as strep throat when my kids were younger.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: sparkling husband primitive tells us something
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »
Quote from:
Stinky The Clown

The easiest way forward is likely Medicare for all. Reduce the age for eligibility to -9 months and it is done.

Medicare is rationed care.  For this year in Medicare Part "A" (inpatient hospital, skilled nursing, medically necessary home health care, and hospice), you pay a $1,068 deductable and 3 pints of blood for the first 60 days.  Days 61-90 you have a $267/day co-pay.  Someone want to tell me the libs won't be crying that much is still too high?

In Medicare Part "B" (doctor, outpatient, tests, medical equipment, ambulance, and a variety of other services and supplies), there is a $135 annual deductable then an 80-20 co-pay kicks in of all approved charges.  If it's above the approved charge and the doctor doesn't take the assignment, then you pay the difference.

The people who don't have health insurance either don't want it for whatever reasons or they want it and can't afford it.  If someone can't afford health insurance now, then these prices are still out of range, so they certainly won't be able to afford it when it's "free."  Moving these people to Medicaid will only burden everyone else and create the need for even more rationing.

The working population is already footing the bill, Medicare is going broke, and yet you want to add 50 million more to the system, quite a few of them here illegally.  Either taxes are going to have to shoot up on everyone (don't give me this only tax income over $250K lie), or they're going to ration healthcare even more than they are now, or they'll do both.  Count on it being both.

And the primitives will continue to complain about it because they're too stupid to realize that it won't work.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:11:41 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:41:52 PM »
Medicare is rationed care.  For this year in Medicare Part "A" (inpatient hospital, skilled nurshing, medically necessary home health care, and hospice), you pay a $1,068 deductable and 3 pints of blood for the first 60 days.  Days 61-90 you have a $267/day co-pay.  Someone want to tell me the libs won't be crying that much is still too high?

In Medicare Part "B" (doctor, outpatient, tests, medical equipment, ambulance, and a variety of other services and supplies), there is a $135 annual deductable then an 80-20 co-pay kicks in of all approved charges.  If it's above the approved charge and the doctor doesn't take the assignment, then you pay the difference.

The people who don't have health insurance either don't want it for whatever reasons or they want it and can't afford it.  If someone can't afford health insurance now, then these prices are still out of range, so they certainly won't be able to afford it when it's "free."  Moving these people to Medicaid will only burden everyone else and create the need for even more rationing.

The working population is already footing the bill, Medicare is going broke, and yet you want to add 50 million more to the system, quite a few of them here illegally.  Either taxes are going to have to shoot up on everyone (don't give me this only tax income over $250K lie), or they're going to ration healthcare even more than they are now, or they'll do both.  Count on it being both.

And the primitives will continue to complain about it because they're too stupid to realize that it won't work.

Medicare also runs out unless it has been changed...it isn`t a forever thing.
Not sure the details but after a certain number of days it is gone or at least used to be.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »
Medicare also runs out unless it has been changed...it isn`t a forever thing.
Not sure the details but after a certain number of days it is gone or at least used to be.

In Part A, the first 90 days are non-exhaustable.  Of course every benefit period you have to pay your deductable and start over another 90 days.  If you use 90 days and are still in need of care, there is an additional 60 day lifetime hospital reserve benefit that is exhaustable.  The co-pay (2009) also goes to $534 per day.

Therefore, the non-exhaustable benefit for each separate benefit period is 90 days with an exhaustable 60-day lifetime reserve.

(A benefit period begins upon hospital admission and ends 60 days after discharge regardless of any readmissions.  Example:  Patient is readmitted 40 days after the discharge - no deductable.  Readmitted 65 days after discharge - another deductable must be met.)

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:01:10 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 10:21:06 PM »
Stinky The Clown

The easiest way forward is likely Medicare for all. Reduce the age for eligibility to -9 months and it is done.

Interesting, apparently human life starts at conception after all, if it supports something Stinky cares about more than abortion-on-demand.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »
Interesting, apparently human life starts at conception after all, if it supports something Stinky cares about more than abortion-on-demand.
That begs an interesting question. The Dummy proposes that O-care starts at birth minus nine months. That way, I suppose the
new technologies for fetal surgery would be covered by the taxpayers. But of course the most important part of O-care would be to
have taxpayer-financed abortions on demand, allowing butchers like Killer Tiller to crush a baby's skull up to the very moment when the
child draws its first breath. Now the question is, would these two procedures present a conflict? If the taxpayers provide some kind of complicated
in utero surgical procedure to, say, repair a fetal heart valve, and then a few weeks later the mother decides to have the baby killed, would
there be a problem? The people in charge are democrats, so most likely the answer would be that since all this stuff is now free, what's the problem?