Author Topic: this has legs * is toast finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111  (Read 500 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
this has legs * is toast finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
« on: August 20, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »
edhopper  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
So Ridge admits that Bush is a criminal

Because manipulating something like a National Security alert for political gain is very much a crime.
You would think that a real story like that (unlike say, "death" panels) would be front page news.
Let see who has it.
The NY Times.........nope
The Washington Post.........nope
CNN...........nope
MSNBC..........nope

Guess it's just not that important if a President not named Clinton, broke the law.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6354776

chelsea0011  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU! 
5. This is a huge story and I think it will get somes legs, but just not today.

This must be a crime. I can't believe that using a government agency to lie to the American people for political gain can't somewhere in the Constitution be an illegal act. i can't scream fire in theater so why can the Prsdient scream fire to the counrty? Scalia? Thomas? Protesters with weapons? I can't here you. The big bad government has been outed.

This has legs  :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: this has legs * is toast finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 02:56:46 PM »
Nothing on Drudge.

I bet the primitives made it up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »
Nothing on Drudge.

I bet the primitives made it up.
Nope, it's a legit story and Ridge almost resigned over the episode although the devil is always in the detail.

From summer of '04 until Nov 10 '04 the warning level was heightened for financial institutions in the NY, NJ area. Of course this depends on the credibility of the intel vs appearances of manipulating the warning system.

Time will tell.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 03:04:49 PM »
They're getting this from some article on talkingpointsmemo.com reviewing Tom Ridge's new book.  Even the write-up I did see on the topic never said Ridge put out an alert for political gain, it said that the administration told Ridge he needed to put out an alert 3 days after the 2004 DNC convention and some were concerned it might be misconstrued as being political which, if you let the primitives run with it, they'll make a mountain out of nothing but their hate.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.