Author Topic: 'So, tell me why I should be taxed to pay somebody else's bill for them?'  (Read 356 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
rollingrock  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-18-09 01:19 AM
Original message
'So, tell me why I should be taxed to pay somebody else's bill for them?'

Typical wing nut question. When someone asks this question, tell them that they are already paying for someone else's medical bill under their private insurance plan. Your health insurance company takes your monthly premium to pay for someone else's care when they get injured or sick. That's what private insurance is, genius. Duh.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6333996

Uhh not quite right genius.
Insurance is 100% voluntary (for now) and you have the option of shopping around for a plan that you can afford and provides the level of service that best suits you. Taxation there is no choice and no options. Not to mention every benefit paid for by the insurance company is paid for by the person who receives care. Under the govt plan we will be paying for people who don't pay a dime and more than likely get more services than we do. Those who don't pay will be more apt to rush to the ER for every hangnail.

tabatha  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Tue Aug-18-09 01:21 AM
Response to Original message
1. Yep, explain to them that it is a big pool like car insurance.

And everyone with car insurance has to pay for coverage and once again you have options. And if you don't own a car you don't have to pay in. Under Obama care healthy people who never see a doc will be forced to pay for the likes of you who rush to the doc for every sniffle.

Lil Missy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-18-09 01:24 AM
3. They won't be, unless they make over $250K a year, or $500K per couple. n/t

Perhaps it will start at that income level but I can guarantee that once this is implemented they will go broke and pass the taxes on to lower income folks.

xchrom  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-18-09 01:39 AM
8. 'your insurance bill pays for every sick person in that insurance plan -- and

every person who is likely to get sick -- and every person who goes to the emergency room with no insurance -- so kiss my ass'

then why do we need health care if the bill is already being paid?  :banghead:

elocs  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-18-09 07:03 AM
19. Republicans never like to pay a tax unless it somehow directly benefits them.

Also, only a fool would believe that anyone who pays for insurance is not already footing the cost of the uninsured showing up at the hospital at ER prices.

Once again you are admitting that the uninsured get medical care so why do we need this?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jukin

By three to one the major concern for Americans is the price of health care and corresponding increases in insurance. 

THIS BILL DOES NOTHING TO LOWER THE COST.  It will raise prices, premiums, and taxes while increasing wait times, decreasing treatment options, and lowering overall care.

This is not mine but a poster from Hot Air and I think says it best:

If you support O’crap care you have to believe:
That existing government Healthcare systems are Bad enough to need reform, but Good enough to prove government can run healthcare while at the same time unable to cover the uninsured.

That Healthcare is a right that at the same time can be rationed at will by the government.

That - unlike every other thing government touches – it won’t screw this up.

That spending money will save money.

If you are Obot then you DO believe the above. If you are a rational and sane person you do not.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
One of the perks of employment is that the employer pays a good portion of the premiums. Not so with the government.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams