Author Topic: primitive has problem with indoor plumbing not flushing all the way  (Read 684 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=287x7868

Oh my.

2Design  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 08:51 AM
Original message

Toilet problem - Flush - it fills the bowl but doesn't swoosh out - it will eventually go down over time - what could be the problem

jschurchin  (755 posts)       Mon Aug-17-09 09:03 AM
Response to Original message

1. It is one of two things.

Either there is a problem with your vent pipe or the small holes on the underside of rim of the toilet are clogged and not allowing sufficient water through to create a whirlpool.

Question, How old is the commode?

2Design  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 09:52 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. fairly new - I rent

the water eventually drains out of the bowl - it just doesn't swirl out - lots of water comes into the bowl right away - then it sits

Robb  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 10:42 AM
Response to Original message

3. Clog

Plunger, or if that doesn't work, snake. No boiling water!! Can crack porcelain.

I'm not sure if the robbery primitive was the one, but one time the primitives had a bonfire about their favorite, and most-used, tools--you know, things such as hammers, screwdrivers, electric saws, pliers.  I think it was the robbery primitive who mentioned his favorite tool is a snake for his commode.

If so, that guy must drop shitloads down there.

Wash. state Desk Jet  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 02:19 PM
Response to Reply #3

4. Blockage ,

You need a good plunger.home depot carries a good one for about eight dollars. Far superior to the old rubber cup type. Suprised Rob didn't mention the toilet snake ! That's the other way about getting to the clog.

About $25.00 for one of those. Chances are a good plunger will do it. The newer type are more powerful.

I've never had a chance to make such an observation, but does one suppose the gigantic primitive, for example, drops bushels into the water too?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitive has problem with indoor plumbing not flushing all the way
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 07:27:49 PM »
Good Lord they are helpless.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »
Good Lord they are helpless.

They spend all their time either reading, going to school or looking for something to get enraged over. No real world knowledge or experience.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »
If the treehugger shitheads had not regulated decent toilets out of existence, they wouldn't have this problem.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 08:08:25 PM »
 :banghead:

Are these people for f'n real? Reality-based community? Jesus H! Break out the f'n plunger. Then pull up Google for advice. Then call the f'n plumber, you f'n morons.

There's always a time to laugh at the fools, then there's always the time to come to the realization that these idiots VOTE!
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 08:36:29 PM »
Jesus! It amazes me to this day that some of them can breathe on their own! :lmao:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 09:08:42 PM »
Jesus! It amazes me to this day that some of them can breathe on their own! :lmao:

Just get a plunger and do to the toilet what you do to your boyfriend, but with the other end

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 09:26:17 PM »
"Oh, precious dope, thy name is Subtle Thief."

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 04:24:51 AM »

City breed and born folks have no idea what a septic tank is.

If one has lived all their life with city sewage and moves on to a home with a septic tank------WOE ARE THEY.

City raised folks don't really pay that much attention to the plumbing of a new house.  They may be showed the leach field, the place of the Septic

tank but----never informed they must now change their ways.

No longer can one use Bleach in the washer, no tampons flushed or cigarette butts or  used condoms.

Clothes detergent MUST say septic safe, as the drop in cleaners in the tank must also state. 

Lots of you have never even seen the Honey Waggon except perhaps camping when the managemet pumps out your holding tank.

We who have these things can tell 4 miles down wind when a neighbor is having their tank cleaned-------

Not so much the people are idiots, they just weren't informed in the first place how sewage disposal works.  We take all out perks in life for granted,

City folk, 3 on one side 1 on the other in last 6 years.      God awful experience for the neighbors.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 04:44:39 AM »
City breed and born folks have no idea what a septic tank is.

Wasn't so long ago here that we had a "shit truck" come past and empty the big plastic bin that resided under the commode seat... Hence the expression "strong enough to knock a blowfly off a shit truck at 1000 paces".

It's remarkably easy to kill a septic tank and have to either have it pumped (if you're close to town) or drain it under your own power.

Bleach and most other harsh chemicals will do it quick smart.

They're also easy to overload - when the drain field is saturated or just with too many users.

Quite often these days people will only have the toilet connected to the septic tank - the laundry and sinks go to a gray water reticulation and irrigation system for non-cropping gardens / lawns. This helps reduce the risk of harsh cleaning chemicals getting into the system.