Author Topic: Two men were carrying AR-15's Outside Obama's Phoenix Event  (Read 1289 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Two men were carrying AR-15's Outside Obama's Phoenix Event
« on: August 17, 2009, 03:07:10 PM »
New breaking at teh DUmp...more guns and Barry.

RamboLiberal  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 04:05 PM
linkiezOriginal message Two men were carrying AR-15's Outside Obama's Phoenix Event
 (Late update: CNN now reports that there were two men carrying assault rifles, reportedly AR-15s, outside President Obama's event in Phoenix.)

A man was seen carrying an assault rifle and a pistol outside the VFW Convention in Phoenix where President Obama spoke today, a local newspaper reports. (Click through for a photo.)

Local police said it's legal under Arizona law, but two officers kept close by him.

"If we need to intervene, we will intervene at that time," said Detective J. Oliver.

The man, who gave his name only as "Chris", was asked why he was armed. "Because I can do it," he said. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms."

Here's video from ArizonaCentral.com (go to about 1:30). It looks like the man giving the interview was also carrying a pistol.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/2009/08/man-c...

Video: http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2009/08/video_at_...

Sounds like the people are speaking truth to power...

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Two men were carrying AR-15's Outside Obama's Phoenix Event
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 03:07:47 PM »
Maybe its a pro-Obama plat?

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:09:15 PM »
Maybe its a pro-Obama plat?

Exactly what I was thinking.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »

Sebastian Doyle  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 04:12 PM
Response to Original message
2. Somebody should shove that AR 15 right up his ****ing loser Freeper racist ass

Just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it makes any ******* sense. There is no logical reason for anybody to walk around with a ******* assault rifle, under ANY circumstances, let alone when the President of the United States is nearby.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

SlipperySlope (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Aug-17-09 04:13 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. "racist ass"

I'm not sure what you mean by "racist ass", given that the man I saw carrying the rifle was black.

Oops.     :lmao:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 03:53:54 PM »
BAHAHAHHAHHAHHAA snort HAHAHAHAHAH racist HAHAHAHHAHAHA
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
liberalmuse  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 04:09 PM
2. I wish I were free...
 not to have to smile and pretend to be tolerant as the ****ing gun nuts wear their strap-ons and cause needless deaths. I'm so tired of the toxic, deadly and not to mention inane gun culture in this country.  

and yet I have to tolerate your ****ing ass?

murray hill farm  (1000+ posts)       Mon Aug-17-09 04:51 PM
5. It is just to intimidate.
 and because they are allowed to do so. It is meant to enhance the fear level of folks to a level that only the those opposed will attend the meetings. control through fear.

Kind of like having union thugs at town hall meetings?

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 03:56:21 PM »
Man, those guys are sure to be reported to the White House snitch line, flag@whitehouse.gov .

This morning, I got some fishy e-mail from Ticketmaster about concerts by The Indigo Girls, and
someone called Stryper. Sounded really fishy. So I snitched on 'em.

The White House will let me know if they're on the up and up.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
cornermouse (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 02:33 PM
19. My interpretation about what's going on?
 Edited on Mon Aug-17-09 02:33 PM by cornermouse
Someone is hoping for an assassination. I couldn't believe it when they said all they did was question and then release (where were their brains?) the guy with the gun and the guy with the tree of liberty sign. Can you imagine them doing that when Bush was in office? I can't. Something is rotten.

the leftists are about the only ones hoping for this.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "racist ass", given that the man I saw carrying the rifle was black.

OMG!! It is IMPOSSIBLE for a black to be a racist YOU DOLT!       :lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 04:16:26 PM »
I just heard they shut down the snitch line, and I got one of my snitches bounced back to me.

How are we going to be able to weed out fishy information from the truth without the White House snitch line?

Fishy sources will just keep spewing out fishy information.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
I just heard they shut down the snitch line, and I got one of my snitches bounced back to me.

How are we going to be able to weed out fishy information from the truth without the White House snitch line?

They just changed the address, Rush mentioned it this morning and I forgot to write it down. It's www.whitehouse.gov/ something, something

I got it here you go.....http://www.whitehouse.gov/realitycheck
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »

and yet I have to tolerate your ****ing ass?

Kind of like having union thugs at town hall meetings?

Two exceptions.

1. We have not sent anyone to the hospital.

2. We are no where near as organized nor as well funded.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 04:34:22 PM »
liberalmuse  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 04:09 PM
2. I wish I were free...
 not to have to smile and pretend to be tolerant as the ****ing gun nuts wear their strap-ons and cause needless deaths. I'm so tired of the toxic, deadly and not to mention inane gun culture in this country.  

What's the bet that if this were some throwback from the Folsom Street Fair - walking around with a strap on and a grease gun - there'd not be a peep outta people like this.

One rule for thee another for me.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 04:37:37 PM »
Two exceptions.

1. We have not sent anyone to the hospital.

2. We are no where near as organized nor as well funded.

You need to remember your place, sir.  Your place is to shut up, get back to work, and continue to SUPPLY the funding that the Reich funnels to ACORN, et.al.  Your place is not to RECIEVE such funding as ACORN, et.al, take from your wallet.

Remember, we're all in this together.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »
Quote from: Sebastian Doyle
Sebastian Doyle  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 04:12 PM
2. Somebody should shove that AR 15 right up his ******* loser Freeper racist ass

Just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it makes any damn sense. There is no logical reason for anybody to walk around with a damn assault rifle, under ANY circumstances, let alone when the President of the United States is nearby.

Quote from: SlipperySlope
SlipperySlope (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Aug-17-09 04:13 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. "racist ass"

Gee, it seems these two posts never happened. If DU is going to start summarily deleting embarassing crap, I'm afraid there wont be anything left posted at DU..   :lmao:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »

Maybe I shouldn't have forwarded all those emails advertising acai-berrry diets.   :innocent: :uhsure:

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »
Did someone just say something?

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 05:27:42 PM »

OMG!! It is IMPOSSIBLE for a black to be a racist YOU DOLT!       :lmao:

The libs sometimes deny this. For example, a black officer who profiles black teenagers, would be a racist (in their view).

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »
Sebastian Doyle  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 04:12 PM
2. Somebody should shove that AR 15 right up his ****ing loser Freeper racist ass

Just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it makes any ******* sense. There is no logical reason for anybody to walk around with a ******* assault rifle, under ANY circumstances, let alone when the President of the United States is nearby.

And yet we have to tolerate your right to abort babies before they are born.I say we jam a few scalpels in your ass and make you play musical chairs
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »
2. Somebody should shove that AR 15 right up his ******* loser Freeper racist ass

Just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it makes any damn sense. There is no logical reason for anybody to walk around with a damn assault rifle, under ANY circumstances, let alone when the President of the United States is nearby.

And yet we have to tolerate your right to abort babies before they are born.I say we jam a few scalpels in your ass and make you play musical chairs

Notice how the Dummie doesn't say he's going to do anything to the person with the rifle himself...he's just impotently hoping someone else will do what he's to scared to do himself.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 07:21:44 PM »

Yeah like most Dummies ,he's not woman enough to do the job himself.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 07:45:23 PM »
I think that he was a obama supporter who hoped some armed conservative would mess with him.  The media probably knew this after an interview but couldn't report it as they couldn't spin it as a armed, anti-one protester.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.