Author Topic: Okay, now I'm confussed, re: Public Option  (Read 492 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Okay, now I'm confussed, re: Public Option
« on: August 17, 2009, 02:40:19 PM »
EC  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 03:04 PM
Original message
Okay, now I'm confussed, re: Public Option   Updated at 3:04 PM

Wasn't it the Republican's that said Privately owned schools being subsidized by the government wouldn't close down public school's but would make them more competitive? So were they lying then or now?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6328719

So much for the old saying no such thing as a stupid question.  :lmao:

What the dims are doing is like if there were no public schools and then govt decided that all of a sudden they wanted to be in the school business. So what they do is take the subsidies away from the private schools that are currently running and open public schools. So now the private schools will be more expensive and classes will be cut then, if you decide to homeschool you have to pay tuition to the public school. That my friends is what Obama is doing with health care. So that analogy is totally false. 
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Okay, now I'm confussed, re: Public Option
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 04:22:15 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6328719

So much for the old saying no such thing as a stupid question.  :lmao:

What the dims are doing is like if there were no public schools and then govt decided that all of a sudden they wanted to be in the school business. So what they do is take the subsidies away from the private schools that are currently running and open public schools. So now the private schools will be more expensive and classes will be cut then, if you decide to homeschool you have to pay tuition to the public school. That my friends is what Obama is doing with health care. So that analogy is totally false. 

I beg to differ--in the words of Dean Chris Berman of Bristol University about 10 years ago, "There are no stupid questions--just stupid people who ask questions."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 04:34:40 PM »
For being so gifted, talented, and just super geniuses they sure are a stupid lot.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 04:36:35 PM »
I beg to differ--in the words of Dean Chris Berman of Bristol University about 10 years ago, "There are no stupid questions--just stupid people who ask questions."

Mr. Garrison said it to Wendy Testaburger before that guy.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 04:08:03 AM »
Mr. Garrison said it to Wendy Testaburger before that guy.

I remember that scene, too.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 04:40:45 AM »
I remember that scene, too.

Out of the mouth of baby's, comes pure truth.

Those who do not question are like the DOG faithfull and obedient, watching the master to know what to do next.

It is often the village idiot that sees what others refuse to see.

Stupid people ask no questions, they just do as told and get pleasure from pleasing their seniors.

Give me a break, I am standing in the rain getting soaked and I ask someone if it is raining----that is stupid.       I am in a home and hear noise on the roof, I ask if it is raining out because I have no window to look out----Curious and intelligent .

STUPID FOLK OF THE WORLD ARRISE, ASK YOUR IDIOT QUESTIONS, SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE ONE QUESTION WILL HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.

Why is the Emperor wearing no clothes ????