Author Topic: DUmmy TwixVoy Displays Ignorance And A Freeper Makes A Nice Suicide Run  (Read 736 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Ignorant wishful thinking by DUmmy TwixVoy:
TwixVoy  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 01:24 AM
Original message
As of Friday August 14, 2009, FDIC is Bankrupt  
 From articles I have read recently with the latest round of bank failures this last Friday (which included the biggest bank to fall since WAMU) *technically* the FDIC has now run out of cash. Of course I say technically because the feds will certainly print more cash to cover it as needed.

Pretty damn scary though.... If the general public were to feel the FDIC will no longer be able to protect their deposits it could cause a major bank run nation wide, and that would be a complete disaster. This is one to keep an eye one.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6324544
CreekDog  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 01:26 AM
Response to Original message
1. FDIC backed by full faith and credit of the USA
reading so many articles, you have not come across this?  
Of course, DUmmy TwixVoy has never heard the phrase "full faith and credit", and would not understand it
anyway. DUmmy TwixVoy has no appreciation or understanding of American history.

DUmmy JDPriestly has something to get off his chest, whether it has anything to do with this thread or not.
His post is as stupid as a vestanumbers post, except you can understand what he's trying to say. It just doesn't
make any sense:
JDPriestly  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 02:47 AM
Response to Reply #2
6. Before the days of "privatization" the government won WWII. Since we privatized so much of our military service including now the provision of water, food and fuel, our military can't do a darned thing right. Actually, as one who is 66 years old, I recall that when the government did things without contracting so much of the work out to private firms, the government was much more efficient. Everything worked better -- especially considering we did not have the computer technology and other technology that we have today.

Right-wing extremists will tell you that the government cannot do anything right. I will tell them and you that private enterprise does not do anything right. We can thank our current mess to private greed.  

The reason I brought this thread over is this suicide run, which I thought was pretty good:
no bad days (17 posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 01:30 AM
"BAIL EM OUT! ????

Hell, back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country, our banking system, our auto industry and possibly our health plans to the same nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling whiskey!"

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:10:12 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: DUmmy TwixVoy Displays Ignorance And A Freeper Makes A Nice Suicide Run
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:43:31 AM »
no bad days (17 posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 01:30 AM
"BAIL EM OUT! ????

Hell, back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country, our banking system, our auto industry and possibly our health plans to the same nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling whiskey!"

:lmao: :lmao: ouch good point.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 12:00:59 PM »
Linky? :o
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 01:02:47 PM »
JDPriestly  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 02:47 AM
Response to Reply #2
6. Before the days of "privatization" the government won WWII. Since we privatized so much of our military service including now the provision of water, food and fuel, our military can't do a darned thing right. Actually, as one who is 66 years old, I recall that when the government did things without contracting so much of the work out to private firms, the government was much more efficient.

Yeah, you can run an army that way when you can draft all the manpower you want and pay them $78 a month each, or throw them in jail for 10 years if they try to nip out on it, and they get to stay in stuck at E1 for the full term no matter how many PT tests they bomb or if they try to fat their way out.  I can imagine the screaming, wailing, and screeching that would ensue if the government tried to do that now, you stupid old gasbag.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »
I'm not gonna row over to the island today, as I have to be at work soon. Anyone know if "no bad days" is still around?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
I'm not gonna row over to the island today, as I have to be at work soon. Anyone know if "no bad days" is still around?

As of nearly 2:00 p.m. central time, 1:00 p.m. mountain time, he's still there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 03:03:13 PM »

:confused:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
Now we are trusting the economy of our country, our banking system, our auto industry and possibly our health plans to the same nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling whiskey!"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf:... Hey, wait a minute.  :thatsright:  That's not funny...   :bawl:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Tucker

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »
I'm positive I saw a program on A&E where the government appointed someone to keep the thing running until the judge pulled the rug out from under them. So actually the gubmint did run a whorehouse for a few weeks. I'll try to find the program on their web site.

edited to add link

Here's the link to the episode of City Confidential: http://www.aetv.com/city_confidential/city_episode_guide.jsp?episode=13661418 - Virginia City: Showdown at the Mustang Ranch
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:24:08 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 07:27:38 PM »
FWIW and WIR from about the time is the IRS seized the property, Joe Conforte raised the back taxes and tried the pay them off but the IRS figured they could make more money by selling the property at auction.  An auction was held but nobody bid on it by design, they were friends of this Joe Conforte person.  The IRS was prepared to run it but that idea got shut down.  Later, under an assumed identity, Joe Conforte bought the property back for less than the back taxes it was seized for in the first place.

“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey