Author Topic: White House Passes Blame For Unsolicited E-Mails  (Read 1991 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
White House Passes Blame For Unsolicited E-Mails
« on: August 16, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »

The White House for the first time Sunday seemed to acknowledge that people across the country received unsolicited e-mails from the administration last week about health care reform, suggesting the problem is with third-party groups that placed the recipients' names on the distribution list.

In a written statement released exclusively to FOX News, White House spokesman Nick Shapiro said the White House hopes those who received the e-mails without signing up for them were not "inconvenienced" by the messages.

"The White House e-mail list is made up of e-mail addresses obtained solely through the White House Web site. The White House doesn't purchase, upload or merge from any other list, again, all e-mails come from the White House Web site as we have no interest in e-mailing anyone who does not want to receive an e-mail," the statement said. "If an individual received the e-mail because someone else or a group signed them up or forwarded the e-mail, we hope they were not too inconvenienced."

The White House previously would not answer questions on how the e-mails landed unsolicited in so many inboxes. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs on Thursday said he couldn't give an answer until he saw who received the e-mails because he doesn't have "omnipotent clarity."

Yet the White House ignored repeated offers from FOX News to share with the administration such e-mail addresses, to help determine how the recipients ended up on the White House distribution list.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/16/white-house-e-mail/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

Re: White House Passes Blame For Unsolicited E-Mails
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 08:16:57 PM »
I thought sending spam was illegal and could result in fines and jail time?  :evillaugh:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »
Where do I report them? :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 08:23:33 PM »
The e-mail they "say" they don't know anything about:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,32262.0.html

Rustybayonet received this and was fuming.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »
Where do I report them? :whatever:

flag@whitehouse.gov
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »
Thank you very much

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »
Thank you very much

Just doing my part.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMTz9nIUkGc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMTz9nIUkGc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 10:04:47 PM »
What a steaming pile of horse shit. That lie wouldn't even past muster with a seven year old.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »
Blame is the only buck that barack will pass.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 06:43:43 AM »
 :bs:

They still didn't answer the question WHERE they got the addresses.  Which could be very illegal.  Thank goodness for Fox News and FOIA, but they should push this further.

Did they use a government list like DMV or the IRS ?  Did they use taxpayer money to "buy" an email list from any non-profit groups that you may have donated to online?  Many of them do sell mailing lists to raise money.  Mostly to each other.

Another possibility, if you've ever clicked on WH.gov, do they grab your cookie ? 

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 06:50:20 AM »
flag@whitehouse.gov

Yeah-butt, I thought that was for emails from Hillary, you know, the ones that smell a little fishy?? :naughty:

Me, I send spam here....[it actually seems to work, no repeat offenders]

SPAM@UCE.GOV

As Bart Simpson said, spread the wealth....

:evillaugh:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 06:51:59 AM »
They used the list of addresses that were reported to Flag.  Those were the people needing attitude adjustment. It also let those racist, anti-government, right wingers that the White House knew who they were.  :fuelfire:

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
They used the list of addresses that were reported to Flag.  Those were the people needing attitude adjustment. It also let those racist, anti-government, right wingers that the White House knew who they were.  :fuelfire:

A lot of truth to that statement
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 07:28:54 AM »
A lot of truth to that statement

The timing of Axelrod's email is suspect, with regards to people being report to the White house.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »
Honestly, this is the most stupid trumped-up controversy I have seen in ages, it embarasses me every time someone on our side tries to make a big deal out of it.  If you have an email account and actually use it for posting comments on any public boards, or enroll in any kind of email alert from any even-half-assed semi-political group, the address will eventually get harvested by a 'bot and given to other partisan or issue groups.  BFD.     
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 09:01:18 AM »
Honestly, this is the most stupid trumped-up controversy I have seen in ages, it embarasses me every time someone on our side tries to make a big deal out of it.  If you have an email account and actually use it for posting comments on any public boards, or enroll in any kind of email alert from any even-half-assed semi-political group, the address will eventually get harvested by a 'bot and given to other partisan or issue groups.  BFD.     

Spamming is still illegal.  If everything about this was above board and legit, then FNC would not have had to file a FOIA, and the White House would have released their methods and lists.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 10:18:21 AM »
Spamming is still illegal.  If everything about this was above board and legit, then FNC would not have had to file a FOIA, and the White House would have released their methods and lists.

Guess we can just add this to the ever-growing list of crimes committed by members of the 0ministration.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »

Yep, that has to be it. An enemy email harvest   :cheersmate:

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »
First they harvest email, next they'll harvest organs.
< watch this space for coming distractions >