Author Topic: Lying DUmmie "TwixVoy" perjures itself to get out of jury duty  (Read 3475 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

Is it just me or would the DUmmies be waving torches and pitchforks if a Conservative posted something so stupid on a public forum?  :thatsright:

Link

TwixVoy  (1000+ posts)        Sun Aug-16-09 06:09 AM
Original message
I feel guilty for falsely getting out of jury duty...
 Edited on Sun Aug-16-09 06:10 AM by TwixVoy
I was scheduled for jury duty this coming week. I was planning on going, however tonight I claimed exemption on the jury duty web site by saying I was the primary care taker of a person who was not able to take care of them self. The law here requires that you be the primary care taker.

Technically I am not the primary care taker. (I am the secondary I guess you could say) It is an immediate family member we are taking care of in my house who has stage 4 breast cancer. Today we had to unexpectedly take her to the emergency room for a ruptured appendix. We thought she had eaten something bad for over a day and didn't know what was wrong until we got to the hospital. They had to do surgery.

So now she is still in the hospital and we still do not know what her condition will be the next few days or what we will need to do.

Technically because there is another family member in my house also taking care of her I could have made it to jury duty, however I feel like with not knowing what will happen the next few days it would be too risky. Still I lied on a government form which I have never done before. Should I feel guilty about doing that? I was honestly planning on going it's just that this situation came out of no where and it is occupying too much of my thoughts right now. That is why I am up so late right now.

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: Lying DUmmie "TwixVoy" perjures itself to get out of jury duty
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 07:24:02 AM »
TwixVoy lied to The Courts and admits it ?

IIRC thats a fine and/or 30 days in jail.

Whats ridiculous is that the odds are he wouldn't have served at all, or if he did it would be for the afternoon. Most of the time its small crimes - DUI, Drug possession etc. and the accused pleas out.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 08:02:29 AM »
WHAT?  Not only did it lie to get out of jury duty but it knows someone who has long term care with a *gasp* hospital AND had to go to an emergency room AND we got no bouncy out of it?

:o

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 08:33:16 AM »
Technically I am not the primary care taker. (I am the secondary I guess you could say) It is an immediate family member we are taking care of in my house who has stage 4 breast cancer. Today we had to unexpectedly take her to the emergency room for a ruptured appendix. We thought she had eaten something bad for over a day and didn't know what was wrong until we got to the hospital. They had to do surgery.

Why is it that when I read that I got the image that TwitVoy is a young adult living with at home with the parents?

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 02:35:52 PM »
Why is it that when I read that I got the image that TwitVoy is a young adult living with at home with the parents?

There is such a thing as duty in this world.  Pay taxes, do Jury duty, serve in defence of ones country and honor God----What ever you call him/her.

It is an honor to serve on a jury, shows the comunity thinks well enough of you to place you in a seat of judgement.

Support the family that has sacrificed for you for 20-30+ YEARS AND RESPECT THE OFFICE OTHERS HOLD---MAY NOT RESPECT THE OFFICE HOLDER BUT THE POSISION DESERVES RESPECT.

I would like to whack that poster with my Sheilah Stick.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »
Man, I can't tell you how nice it is for all posts by vestanumbers
to read "This user is currently ignored"!!

DUmmy TwixVoy is a fired Target clerk, who previously told us he/she had landed
a gig as a trainee cable guy with AT&T. Job was to start immediately, after a few
formalities, like a drug test. Now DUmmy TwixVoy is saying the job won't kick in
until sometime next month. Sounds like a failed drug test.

Most decent and civilized people who are called for jury duty show up as
required, but are never chosen to sit on a jury. Defense lawyers do not
want to trust the fate of their criminal clients to decent and civilized people.
They much prefer juries made up of the peers of their criminal clients. So,
for decent and civilized people, jury duty usually just means showing up
a few days, and sitting around for a couple of hours until enough riffraff have
been chosen for the day's juries. Then decent and civilized people go home.
DUmmy TwixVoy would likely be chosen for every jury possible, because he/she is
a defense lawyer's dream. It's understandable why DUmmy TwixVoy would pull
out all the stops to avoid jury duty.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
Man, I can't tell you how nice it is for all posts by vestanumbers
to read "This user is currently ignored"!!

DUmmy TwixVoy is a fired Target clerk, who previously told us he/she had landed
a gig as a trainee cable guy with AT&T. Job was to start immediately, after a few
formalities, like a drug test. Now DUmmy TwixVoy is saying the job won't kick in
until sometime next month. Sounds like a failed drug test.

Most decent and civilized people who are called for jury duty show up as
required, but are never chosen to sit on a jury. Defense lawyers do not
want to trust the fate of their criminal clients to decent and civilized people.
They much prefer juries made up of the peers of their criminal clients. So,
for decent and civilized people, jury duty usually just means showing up
a few days, and sitting around for a couple of hours until enough riffraff have
been chosen for the day's juries. Then decent and civilized people go home.
DUmmy TwixVoy would likely be chosen for every jury possible, because he/she is
a defense lawyer's dream. It's understandable why DUmmy TwixVoy would pull
out all the stops to avoid jury duty.

Ouch.  I've been called 3 times, showed up 3 times and SERVED 3 times!  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »
I had to show up for the jury pool once.  Guess I wasn't weird enough to get picked.  The cases sure were gems... someone suing two lawyers and acting as his own counsel, another person suing a school because he was assaulted on their property.  I think there was a third, but I don't remember.  It was a collossal waste of three days sitting around doing nothing, but my company paid me my regular wages for those three days so it wasn't too bad.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 03:39:36 PM »
Ouch.  I've been called 3 times, showed up 3 times and SERVED 3 times!  LOL

KC
Everyone gets called sooner or later, but I've only known a couple who ever had to sit on a jury.
Petit jury, of course. Anyone can be seated on a grand jury, even people who show up wearing a tie.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »
I have to admit--I was called once.  Forgot all about it (10+ years ago).  Yes, at that time, I didn't hold it in the esteem that I do now.  So, I didn't show.  But, the county sheriff didn't come looking for me, so I guess I was alright.  If I receive another one, you can bet your fourth point of contact that I'll be there.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 04:03:52 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »
Everyone gets called sooner or later, but I've only known a couple who ever had to sit on a jury.
Petit jury, of course. Anyone can be seated on a grand jury, even people who show up wearing a tie.

In my defense; Out of the 3 times I served we returned 2 guilty verdicts and the third one plead out.  The last one was about a month ago.  I think I'm the one the prosecutor picks.  LOL

KC

*Stolen