Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Wingnuts On TV  (Read 469 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Wingnuts On TV
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »
DUmmy spanone is furious that people opposed to the Kenyan's plan are being shown on TV:
spanone  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-15-09 12:28 PM
Original message
new trend for cable news...bring the wingnuts into the studio and give them a forum
i haven't seen ONE pro-healthcare person from the townhalls interviewed in the studio by any of the pundits

why give the wingnuts a forum and exclude those who are pro?
as President Obama said 'teevee loves a ruckus'

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6312304
It's an outrage! This would not have happened if the wingnuts had not sabotaged Dan Rather.

Incidentally, a key point for future reference: You'll be able to easily detect when the Kenyan
begins to lose his DUmp magic. It will have happpened when you see DUmp posts routinely
mention "Obama" instead of "President Obama". It happens now, but it's a very rare case.

drm604  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-15-09 12:43 PM
Response to Original message
1. From what I've seen
giving the wingnuts a forum does their side more harm than good.

Doctor_J  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-15-09 12:46 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Then why is support for reform plummeting?
You people who insist that propaganda is useless need to gets your heads out of the sand.

ConnorMarc (32 posts)      Sat Aug-15-09 12:48 PM
Response to Reply #2
4. I Agree With You
It works, however, I think Obama's Montanna townhall did WONDERS for the debate and perception of the plan.

At least I think so, well...at least I HOPE so. Yes...I still have HOPE.

DUmmy ConnorMarc is hopey, but can't quite get changey. And he left out "President".

spanone  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-15-09 12:54 PM
Response to Reply #1
6. i'd agree if it were balanced, but it's not.
when they bring these crazies into the studio, they are the made up by the make up artist and presented as 'normal citizens' which they are not.

anyone who goes to these town meetings and screams and yells is unhinged imho

it would be fair if the pro healthcare folks were getting the same exposure

Doctor_J  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-15-09 12:47 PM
Response to Original message
3. A very aggressive media purge will be a prerequisite for getting the country back
Nothing of consequence will happen until after that.

The first step is flag@whitehouse.org .

Offline jukin

Re: DUmmies Discuss Wingnuts On TV
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 02:54:38 PM »
The DUchebags would have had the local Gestapo or NVDK's phone number memorized from turning in so many of their neighbors.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 05:03:23 PM »
I think Obama's Montanna townhall did WONDERS for the debate and perception of the plan.

What plan are you talking about DUmmy? Obama hasn't put forth a plan, and he says he hasn't even read the House plan...  :thatsright:

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »
You know what I would love to see?  Two people are genuinely well informed about the bill debating it, in a well moderated debate.  Require them to specifically reference the bill to support their stance.  Lets see how well it does in the polls after that.   :evillaugh:

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »
Celtic, you are absolutely right.  Two people from both ideologies who've read the entire 1,017 page bill.  Absorbed it, pondered it.  Can reference any page.  Wouldn't that be great?  Ya know, I believe Sarah Palin has read that bill.  We should become some of her growing facebook friends and suggest it.  Who would be the opponent?  Axelrod?  Emmanuel/Mengele?  Obama?  Pelosi? 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 07:40:34 PM »
Any bet on which you will find first, a conservative or a liberal that has read the bill?