Author Topic: Should Democrats quit the town halls next week?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Should Democrats quit the town halls next week?
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:04:28 PM »
Cant trust em  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Aug-14-09 12:58 PM
Original message
Should Democrats quit the town halls next week?

Edited on Fri Aug-14-09 01:00 PM by Cant trust em
It seems like these are just a forum for the anti-health care people to air their grievances. All this does is put us on the defensive. We spend all of our time putting out fires and not any time building up the plan. All of the media coverage is about democrats getting beaten up.

I think that to regain control of the debate we need to get out of this format. Democrats need to go back to delivering their message from the top down. Maybe just do press conferences or something else. These town halls are not working to our advantage.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6304261

You would think if the majority was behind this like they claim at DUmmyland that a few malcontents would be no threat. When they are scared of people talking then they have to know what they are trying to sell won't fly. The people see what is going on and are speaking up and you dummies will not stop them. If this shit passes almost every member in the house and senate that votes yes will be collecting unemployment in 2011.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Should Democrats quit the town halls next week?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »
Uh, isn't this kind of antithetical to the way Democrats, liberals, and primitives are supposed to be, or portray themselves as being?

Democrats need to go back to delivering their message from the top down.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »
Until they recognize and acknowledge that those raising objections at the town meetings are doing so because the Dems *have* delivered their message, then you'll continue to get stupid threads like this on Skin's island.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:27:51 PM »
I think it's great. These stupid town halls are a Clintonite democrat invention. Until Slick Willie came along, no one outside of little maple syrup villages had ever heard of town halls. The Clintons discovered TV cameras would show up, so they would set up a "town hall meeting", announce it to the press, bus in a room full of human flotsam from a housing project somewhere, and put on a show. Town hall meetings have never been intended as a means to make a decision, or to allow people to express their opinions. They are and have always been campaign appearances. Now the bastards are being injured by their own stupid invention, and they're shocked.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:29:33 PM »
I'm actually surprised that this hasn't been brought up sooner.  The Dems have looked foolish at most of the town halls, so I pretty much thought they would have just stopped having them.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »
Until they recognize and acknowledge that those raising objections at the town meetings are doing so because the Dems *have* delivered their message, then you'll continue to get stupid threads like this on Skin's island.

Primitives somehow think its not the content of their message that most Americans reject its how its presented. Sadly for them, we get the content and that's what we are rejecting. So no matter how much lipstick and mascara they put on the pig we still realize it's a pig. They think they can dress the pig and fool us into thinking she's Farrah Fawcett when in truth she resembles Rosie O'Donell  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »
I'm actually surprised that this hasn't been brought up sooner.  The Dems have looked foolish at most of the town halls, so I pretty much thought they would have just stopped having them.
They're still trying to orgainze bus loads of "supporters" for a few meetings so they can show they've "turned it around", and "everyone is on board now".

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 12:54:20 PM »
Democrats need to go back to delivering their message from the top down.

Ja, mein Fuehrer!

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 12:56:32 PM »
Some Congresswoman decided to charge a $25 entrance fee

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »
They're still trying to orgainze bus loads of "supporters" for a few meetings so they can show they've "turned it around", and "everyone is on board now".

should be easy enough to find since unemployment rose unexpectedly this past month.  :-)
Hope (to find a new job) and Change (from being employed to unemployed).  :-)

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 01:01:55 PM »
I wonder if they know what's in the bill and they sincerely like it?  Or, just because it was written by Democrats, it must be perfect?   Weren't they up in arms some weeks ago because of the requirement that they would have to purchase insurance or face a fine? 

Yes, FGL, Michelle Bean for one is charging $25.  Creep.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 01:07:15 PM »
I wonder if they know what's in the bill and they sincerely like it?  Or, just because it was written by Democrats, it must be perfect?   Weren't they up in arms some weeks ago because of the requirement that they would have to purchase insurance or face a fine? 

Yes, FGL, Michelle Bean for one is charging $25.  Creep.

I honestly think they believe this will be free for them. I can almost guarantee none of the Rhodes scholar and MENSA members at DU have the slightest inkling of a clue what this bill contains. All they know is Obama says it's good and Rush says its bad so in their tiny minds it has to be good.

I dont think $25 will keep too many conservatives out of the town hall meetings.  :-)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
I honestly think they believe this will be free for them. I can almost guarantee none of the Rhodes scholar and MENSA members at DU have the slightest inkling of a clue what this bill contains. All they know is Obama says it's good and Rush says its bad so in their tiny minds it has to be good.

I dont think $25 will keep too many conservatives out of the town hall meetings.  :-)

It's more that it communicates the futility of going than the price itself.  You are basically enriching someone you don't agree with for the opportunity of being blown off by him, so what the Hell's the point?   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »
It's more that it communicates the futility of going than the price itself.  You are basically enriching someone you don't agree with for the opportunity of being blown off by him, so what the Hell's the point?   

If people are as stirred up over this as it appears I am sure some folks will gladly fork over $25 I also think this will give them a good argument to speak "I paid to be here you better listen". Of course I could be wrong I have been wrong once or twice before.  :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 04:17:12 PM »
I also think this will give them a good argument to speak "I paid to be here you better listen".

Methinks that Freeper is onto something . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 04:53:03 PM »
Twenty-five bucks?? They'll be buried in freepers!
Hell, the Scaifes pay me that much every time I post the words "jug-eared Kenyan".

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »
I think it's great. These stupid town halls are a Clintonite democrat invention. Until Slick Willie came along, no one outside of little maple syrup villages had ever heard of town halls. The Clintons discovered TV cameras would show up, so they would set up a "town hall meeting", announce it to the press, bus in a room full of human flotsam from a housing project somewhere, and put on a show. Town hall meetings have never been intended as a means to make a decision, or to allow people to express their opinions. They are and have always been campaign appearances. Now the bastards are being injured by their own stupid invention, and they're shocked.

Where is that H5 button?  :cheersmate:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »
They're still trying to organize bus loads of "supporters" for a few meetings so they can show they've "turned it around", and "everyone is on board now".
You mean like this?

[youtube=425,350]gLS7ehqh0Xg[/youtube]
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »
You mean like this?

[youtube=425,350]gLS7ehqh0Xg[/youtube]

Why am I seeing (disturbing, to be sure) mental images of Lord Ø in a toga, fiddling while smoke builds around him?

(Edited to add disturbing imagery)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:45:23 PM by DefiantSix »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 03:48:39 AM »

I love it! They're damned if they do and damned if the don't! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jukin

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 11:33:11 AM »
I hope the RNC is making ads about the disgust of the dems to have to talk to the filthy masses or when they refuse to talk to them.

It will be very effective.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »
I hope the RNC is making ads about the disgust of the dems to have to talk to the filthy masses or when they refuse to talk to them.

It will be very effective.

Especially if they run the clip of Sheila Jackson-Lee taking the phone call in the middle of the one she ran.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 12:15:13 PM »
yeah, where are the GOP ads????????
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jukin

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 12:29:18 PM »
yeah, where are the GOP ads????????

Even though all the polls indicate that the Town Halls are turning America against Obumblecare, the wise people leading the party with the winning strategies of 2006 and 2008 have decided that they don't want to be mean or go against what the MSM and the DNC say.  For the vichy republicans they will do nothing to upset the MSM or the DNC. These massive intellects know that we should just be bi-partisan/compromise and do everything that the donks and Obumbler want.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:31:10 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 10:07:43 AM »
Especially if they run the clip of Sheila Jackson-Lee taking the phone call in the middle of the one she ran.

What will make it better...is that she actually did it twice in that meeting.  Hannity took a call on friday from a woman that was at the meeting
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn