Author Topic: Lynndie England: Abu Ghraib torture was "like nothing"  (Read 896 times)

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
Lynndie England: Abu Ghraib torture was "like nothing"
« on: August 14, 2009, 07:51:30 AM »
She wrote a book?  

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/13/world/worldwatch/entry5239700.shtml?tag=pop

Five years after the infamous Abu Ghraib torture photos came to light, Lynndie England says the government's "softening up tactics" are acceptable ways to get information from prisoners.

In an interview with the BBC, England defends herself and fellow soldiers who posed Iraqi prisoners in degrading positions for photographs in 2004.

"Compared to what they do to us, that's like nothing," England says in the BBC video, referring to instances where Americans were decapitated, burned, dragged through the streets or hung from a bridge by insurgents. She likens the physical degradation that appears in the Abu Ghraib photos to the kinds of hazing that go on in American colleges and boot camps.

more.....
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 09:52:05 AM by bijou »

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Lynndie England: Abu Grhaib torture was "like nothing"
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »
She's a f'n ignorant bitch. She wasn't trying to extract information. They were doing nothing but "having fun" and placing the lives of our soldiers on the ground in greater jeopardy. Bitch should have received a dishonorable and sent to Leavenworth for 10 years. I'm all for waterboarding the hell out of terrorist scumbags, when there's a means to an end, I.e. extracting vital information. However, there is no f'n place in this man's Army for this kind of bullshit.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:08:14 AM »
I agree with rebel. She should STFU and sit down.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:19:22 AM »
Bingo--dear trailer trash skank, what you did had no value to anyone outside an AlQaeda recruiting office and the NY Times.  Suck it you worthless ho.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »
True, it was like nothing by comparison to what jihadis did.  However it was completely in violation of her duty, law, and military standards, plus it contributed greatly to insurgent propaganda efforts in the deadliest phase of the whole damn' war.  Just STFU, Lyndie.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Lynndie England: Abu Ghraib torture was "like nothing"
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 10:10:22 AM »
The father of her 5-year-old son is still in Leavenworth, IIRC, and thus, whatever paltry pay an E-1 gets is likely going to support the kid (as it should).

Lynndie herself is simply trying to make a buck. Most ho's do the same thing.

A skank by any other name is still a skank.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 10:41:19 AM »
Eupher--he isn't even getting that.  Typically you forfeit all pay and allowances while confined under a GCM.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »
Eupher--he isn't even getting that.  Typically you forfeit all pay and allowances while confined under a GCM.

Basically right though the mechanics of how it works are a lot more complicated, combination of 'Total forfeitures' being in the sentence and when the punitive discharge is actually signed by the service secretary, after which the lose is just a prisoner, not a servicemember (usually happens within a couple of years after the guy goes off to lock-up).

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 10:56:45 AM »
Basically right though the mechanics of how it works are a lot more complicated, combination of 'Total forfeitures' being in the sentence and when the punitive discharge is actually signed by the service secretary, after which the lose is just a prisoner, not a servicemember (usually happens within a couple of years after the guy goes off to lock-up).

Okay, I know the drill about "total forfeitures" (not to your extent, DAT), but I find it hard to believe that child support would be "forfeited" as well. He's got a kid to feed.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 11:33:54 AM »
Lynddie England is an idiot. She did it for her personal pleasure, like what the Argentine military did during the Dirty War from 1976 to 1983.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 11:42:10 AM »
Okay, I know the drill about "total forfeitures" (not to your extent, DAT), but I find it hard to believe that child support would be "forfeited" as well. He's got a kid to feed.

Actually, several. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 12:32:20 PM »

Nobody else keeps paying you after you're thrown in jail for a felony, just so you can use it to pay child support on it, they just refer you to the welfare office.  Why should Uncle?  After the discharge is approved, he is just a federal prisoner anyway with NO pay or allowances to forfeit.

Actually if a convict is thrown in the slammer for crimes against his family members, and the family doesn't refuse to cooperate with prosecuting him, the family can get 'Transitional compensation,' which is a type of victim assistance that would pay directly to them.  Doesn't apply here though.   

Offline Chump

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 12:40:18 PM »
Sigh.  Even if her moral equivalency argument held any water, and it doesn't, I'd rather not compare the tactics of the United States military with dirty, craven, moronic, donkey-****ing jihadis.  Thanks.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »
The behavior of these fools at Abu is, actually, typical behavior of unsupervised low level prision guards. The temptation to use and abuse power by the otherwise powerless is a powerful and addicting temptation.

The problem was , as usual, a failure from the top down. Former Gen. Karpinski failed to supervise, and when an officer complained, STILL failed in her leadership responsibilities. She got off light, and should have done some barbed wire hotel time too.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 01:08:44 PM »
The problem was , as usual, a failure from the top down. Former Gen. Karpinski failed to supervise, and when an officer complained, STILL failed in her leadership responsibilities. She got off light, and should have done some barbed wire hotel time too.

Yeah that!