Author Topic: Pedro Picasso being played  (Read 614 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Pedro Picasso being played
« on: August 10, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6265472

Oh my.

The brain damaged primitive, who wants to be a star here, but franksolich doesn't think he has what it takes, to be a star:

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 08:29 AM
Original message

We're losing the health care debate not because of the mobs of ringers

We're losing it because of the coverage given by the MSM to the voices of fear and hate on the Right. Everywhere I looked this morning, Crooks and Liars, Huffington, etc., it's soundbites and propaganda by the Right wing (except for David Brooks calling Jabba the Rush and Sarah Quitter crazy for their comments). As usual, we are LOSING the propaganda war because our leadership has again failed to get out in front of the MSM tools and squelch the lies.

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi need to become pro-active, as do the other voices of wisdom (?) we have in the party of else we will lose the health care debate and face another 15 years of raping by the healthcare industry. We only have this one chance this generation to change the way our system works, we can't let the mob mentality that stole the 2000 election win again.

tekisui  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 08:32 AM
Response to Original message

1. They are the minority. We need to act like the winners. 

Dem leadership in every branch needs to stand up and fight back.

Orsino  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 08:35 AM

2. It's the *******ed television, all right.

OneGrassRoot  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-10-09 08:35 AM

3. Agreed. Howard Dean has been the most effective spokesperson ....

for this issue, yet the MSM even diverts his message by focusing on the conflict with Blue Dogs rather than the message of the need for true healthcare reform.

Still, he does a great job.

Lorax7844 (624 posts)      Mon Aug-10-09 08:36 AM
Response to Reply #3

5. Yes, he does. Dean kills at debate and doesn't take crap.

Pedro Picasso:

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 08:36 AM

4. I made that same comment to my wife this morning.

Morning Dead Intern once again asked -- rhetorically, of course -- why Obama was losing the debate. The corporate parrots on his panel chimed in from script that it's because "people are genuinely afraid." Of course, not one word about the possibility of constant anti-Obama "reporting" on Fox, MSNBC mornings, and the "Big Three," having anything to do with it. It's all genuine fear. Gosh...I can't imagine who could be drumming up such fear.

We are being totally played.

Lorax7844 (624 posts)      Mon Aug-10-09 08:38 AM
Response to Reply #4

6. I wish more people would just turn that crap off

But then Pedro Picasso, who knows all he knows, from television, wouldn't be able to politically discourse.

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 08:42 AM
Response to Reply #6

10. Being uninformed doesn't help, either.

Personally, I like the "know thine enemy" approach. I know a few people who watch ONLY Fox News because they believe it's a legitimate news source because Fox tells them it is, and they don't ever get any balance. I don't think that's any better. Turning off ALL television would be great, but ridiculously unrealistic. TV is part of our culture, and saying "Just turn it off" is a good line, but not a practical solution.

TRUTH is a practical solution.

And the truth is getting out, and the primitives don't like it.

The racist babbling sister primitive, who collects "darky" and "pickaninny" toys:

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 08:39 AM

7. Look around here. Plenty of voices from all sides to go around, and they disgust me.

There are a lot of people not even paying attention during August, so I wouldn't get too worked up about this.

Coburn was just on Scabby and got smacked down if it makes you feel better, by Lawrence O'Donnell and Al Hunt-a thing of beauty.

Triana  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 08:41 AM

8. The lame$tream media DEFINES the issue - again - completely incorrectly of course...

...in such a way as to to maximize/retain their corprat profit.

Democrats - tripping over each other's feet and chasing their tails. And then - there are the "Blue Dogs" (ie: DINOs)

customerserviceguy  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-10-09 08:41 AM

9. It's like the graphic at the bottom of your post says: Fear

The Rethuglicans have made the mastery of it an art form. That's how we got into Iraq, that's how we got the Patriot Act, and that's how we're losing meaningful healthcare reform.

old mark  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-10-09 08:51 AM

12. We never had a chance. The insurance business, Pharma and the doctors are against change of that type, always have opposed any change and always will. It's all about money, and they have lubricated congress and the media with tons of cash over the years - they are merely calling in their markers.

It was a great idea, but we will never have the type of health care we want in the US.

JeanGrey (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-10-09 08:56 AM
Response to Reply #12

14. Until we get SOMEONE who can stand up to insurance companies and big pharm and tell them THEY ARE FINISHED, we are finished.

asdjrocky (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 08:52 AM

13. Sorry but we're losing because of Democrats.

See, there's way more of us than there are them and that's the best way to win a fight.

Has anyone told President Obama this?

The skidmarked underwear primitive, the late-middle-aged farmwife from eastern Iowa, who two years ago said physical thuggery at political events was a good thing, and she wished to see more of it:

Skidmore  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 09:45 AM
Response to Reply #13

17. Exactly. 

And we are losing it because of the Democrats in Congress. What was that editorial number Pelosi pulled? Way to go Nance...let's rachet the schreeching down so that the message can be heard---NOT!

The Rs seem to know how to push the right buttons and get the megaphone in place to blare out the noise. Stop giving them noise. Stop contributing to the noise.

The silly primitive:

SoCalDem  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 09:41 AM

16. It's Harry's fault. 

Pelosi said she'd keep the house "in" for the August vacation, he said no, and let the inmates have a 30-day pass.

NONE of this shit would be happening if they had been forced to stay in session until the had it done.. No matter what conclusion was reached, if Obama had a bill to sign, and then signed it, they could have had an extended Labor Day holiday to "go home & hold meetings", but THEN there would have actually been a law in place to explain, and the protesters would have had the wind knocked out of their sails, and probably would have just been having cookouts & picnics with their families.

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 02:59 PM
Response to Reply #16

19. I have never wished for the defeat of a Dem before, but Harry needs to go

he's done more damage to the Party than anyone else in my lifetime.

Oh, I dunno.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Pedro Picasso being played
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »
Exactly, Coach.  We'll find out just how much the Obamination has done to the Democrat Party, come November 3rd of 2010, and again come November 7th, 2012.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »
Quote from:
DainBramaged

We're losing the health care debate not because of the mobs of ringers

We're losing it because of the coverage given by the MSM to the voices of fear and hate on the Right.

You just admitted the libs side of the debate is weak.  Even if it were true that the MSM was against the plan (which they aren't, they love it), either your argument is good enough to overcome those objections or it isn't.

Truth is this plan is limping in spite of the best efforts of the MSM and libs to prop it up.  But I don't expect the primitives to be honest about what's really going on.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »
There is only one reason that this is flailing, the American people have had time to understand what the bill is by....hold on...READING it.  Something that our betters in the HOR are unable to do.  It just amazes me that on page 16, PAGE16, not 1016 tells of how we will lose our private plan upon any changes. The won says that you can keep your current plan but only until the first modification to your policy, like a rate increase or change of terms. Obumbler lies through his teeth in the typical lawyer scumbagness of what your definition of is is.

Somehow the NEA has not completed the job of totally dumbing down the USA.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 07:24:32 PM »
There is only one reason that this is flailing, the American people have had time to understand what the bill is by....hold on...READING it.  Something that our betters in the HOR are unable to do.  It just amazes me that on page 16, PAGE16, not 1016 tells of how we will lose our private plan upon any changes. The won says that you can keep your current plan but only until the first modification to your policy, like a rate increase or change of terms. Obumbler lies through his teeth in the typical lawyer scumbagness of what your definition of is is.

Somehow the NEA has not completed the job of totally dumbing down the USA.

It's not for lack of trying though.  What amazes me is that so many of the DUmmies blame the education system for Americans being stupid, but can totally ignore the fact that unions and the Dimrats have had control of education since the 70's.