Author Topic: DUmmy TwixVoy Explains Tax Law, Predicts Armageddon  (Read 722 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmy TwixVoy Explains Tax Law, Predicts Armageddon
« on: August 10, 2009, 02:06:32 PM »
DUmmy TwixVoy is becoming one of my favorite DUmmies. It's just so cute to see a fired Target clerk, who has now moved down to become a trainee cable guy, give lectures on the state of capitalism, macroeconomics, and now, the tax laws. We hope he can start getting paid for these lectures. Goodness knows, he's demonstrated that he can't hold on to his day job.

In this lecture, DUmmy TwixVoy employs another favorite Pittian bouncy artifice, the precisely remembered conversation with an abysmally misinformed friend, followed by the vertbatim solemn advice dispensed by the wise storyteller.

TwixVoy  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 02:48 PM
Original message
Stupidity will be the death of this nation
Yesterday morning I went to the old Target store I used to work at to say hi to some of my former co-workers.

I got to talking to an elderly former co-worker who is always upset the company keeps taking away her health insurance soon after she qualifies because her hours get cut.

She started telling me that the health care reform was going to "take all her money" (she makes $10/hour after being at Target over 10 years... I know, I was her supervisor last year and gave her her annual 15 cent raise). Then she told me that she heard that she didn't have to pay taxes because "nothing in the constitution says we have to".

To which I responded "actually the 16th amendment specifically allows income taxes and was added to the constitution after the courts started to strike down income tax laws". She smiled at me and said in a very patronizing tone "Ok sweetie if that's what you want to believe but trust me nothing the constitution says anything about income taxes".

So instead of actually doing her homework on health care reform and even the freaking constitution when I gave her the exact amendment that allows for income taxes instead of bothering to look it up she just continues to CHOOSE to remain ignorant.

I can't wait until these morons screw health care reform, the stock market starts to nose dive again come 4th quarter, and we are back in another economic crisis that will make 2008 look like a tea party. It obviously is going to take a major shake up in these peoples lives before they actually make some effort to educate themselves instead of letting FAUX news do it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6268008

And a question: When did it become permissible at the DUmp to criticize Target? I thought Target, along with Lowe's, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Costco were sacrosanct Blue Companies. No blue company is supposed to be criticized, unless it's Blue Cross or Blue Shield.

YOY  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-10-09 02:50 PM
Response to Original message
1. Well if someone has the info right in front of them and refuses to acknowledge it.
It should be pointed out as just that to their faces.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: DUmmy TwixVoy Explains Tax Law, Predicts Armageddon
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 02:09:34 PM »
Did the DUmmy also offer proof of ratification for the 16th Amendment?

That information seems to be...uhm...not there.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 02:24:13 PM »
Did the DUmmy also offer proof of ratification for the 16th Amendment?

That information seems to be...uhm...not there.

That's all been litigated out many years ago.  It wasn't 'Some courts' that invalidated the pre-16th Amendment income tax, it was SCOTUS, and once the 16th was passed, the whole thing was naturally tested again in the courts.  Beyond the 2/3 requirement, the details of ratification are only broadly and vaguely indicated in the Constitution, and when the ratification question naturally came up after the Amendment, the Federal courts said 'Close enough.' 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 02:55:07 PM »
Lowe's is a blue company?  Well Home Depot is worse.  They set up exhibits for children at gay pride parades. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 03:48:02 PM »
You know I can't figure out why they don't see direct corollation between the stock market and 'O's policies.  When his policies are tanking the stock market is SOARING .... well okay not soaring but definitely going up.  When 'O' is pushing his policies the stock market takes a dump.

Just can't figure it out.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 04:19:18 PM »
DUmmies giving advice on tax law..... :rotf: :lmao:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 04:25:18 PM »
Lowe's is a blue company?  Well Home Depot is worse.  They set up exhibits for children at gay pride parades. 
Well, I saw that thing about Home Depot at the queer parade, too, but maybe there are some missing details, like a DUmp bouncy.
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2008/11/19/home-depot-founder-non-gop-donors-should-be-shot/

And the DUmp has had a crush on Lowe's over Home Depot for a long time. I apologize for this link, but I didn't want to look further:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/7/27/205510/101

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 05:51:41 PM »
I can't wait until these morons screw health care reform, the stock market starts to nose dive again come 4th quarter, and we are back in another economic crisis that will make 2008 look like a tea party. It obviously is going to take a major shake up in these peoples lives before they actually make some effort to educate themselves instead of letting FAUX news do it.

Psst !

DUmmie !

Have you forgotten who's running the show these days ?

Here's a hint. They don't have an (R) after their name.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 06:04:07 PM »
Psst !

DUmmie !

The only way the markets will dive from screwing with healthcare reform is if it is passed in a form the moonbats want. The markets have been going up because it looks like the "reform" is failing.

Offline djones520

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 06:10:04 PM »
Psst !

DUmmie !

That doesn't matter.  Republicans always control how everything goes, no matter if their in power or not.  So the DUmp sayeth. :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 08:57:01 PM »

There are other hardware stores out there...