Author Topic: cheapskate sparkling husband primitive re-using used tea bags  (Read 958 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
cheapskate sparkling husband primitive re-using used tea bags
« on: August 09, 2009, 08:14:36 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=236x67501

Oh my.

The sparkling husband primitive who, like all men, nightly pitches his tent one day's march closer to the mausoleum:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-03-09 10:08 AM
Original message

Naturally decaffeinating tea.......

I just learned this. Some of you may already know it.

80% of tea's caffeine is released in the first 30 sends of steeping. If you steep a tea bag for 30 seconds and then throw away the water and add a second batch of water to that now "used" tea bag, you get 95% of the flavor and 20% of the caffeine that was in the tea.

Blues Heron  (184 posts)      Mon Aug-03-09 10:31 AM
Response to Original message

1. Thanks for the tip! (no pun intended)

Cuz I love tea, but the caffeine - not so much! Will have to try this on some tippy orange pekoe next time I go for a cuppa!

Isn't this "cuppa" shit like, illiterate?

The defrocked warped primitive:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-03-09 11:22 AM

2. The tannins and bitterness are also leached out in the first half a minute.

Chinese people brew tea leaves three times: the first is medicinal, the second is the best tasting, and the third is colored water but they're extremely thrifty people who hate to throw even that out.

I generally like my black tea strong enough to put fur on the spoon, but I follow the Chinese method when I'm drinking jasmine tea.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: cheapskate sparkling husband primitive re-using used tea bags
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »
Wouldn't his time be used more productively by coming up with ways to reduce expenses on the rentals in order to pass that savings onto the renters?  Hopefully primitives will hold their breath waiting for that day to happen.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:07:08 PM »
I like sweet ice tea.

I am very picky.

I like Liptons. But I'm very picky.

I sort of hang out above the pan as it boils. I need to smell the steam.

When it smells just right, I take it and pour into the jug with the other water and the sugar in the pitcher.

Bags go in trash.

Pour hot tea onto ice. Sometimes I just put the sugar into the glass before pouring in the tea too.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:44:37 PM »
Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-03-09 11:22 AM

2. The tannins and bitterness are also leached out in the first half a minute.

Chinese people brew tea leaves three times: the first is medicinal, the second is the best tasting, and the third is colored water but they're extremely thrifty people who hate to throw even that out.

I generally like my black tea strong enough to put fur on the spoon, but I follow the Chinese method when I'm drinking jasmine tea.
I like the way they use a racist comment
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 05:52:56 AM »
Wouldn't his time be used more productively by coming up with ways to reduce expenses on the rentals in order to pass that savings onto the rentersin order to increase his profit?  Hopefully primitives will hold their breath waiting for that day to happen.

Fixed.

If he wasn't trying to profit, why not just give the units away at cost and get rid of the headache?

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 06:05:03 AM »
I like sweet ice tea.

I am very picky.

I like Liptons. But I'm very picky.

I sort of hang out above the pan as it boils. I need to smell the steam.

When it smells just right, I take it and pour into the jug with the other water and the sugar in the pitcher.

Bags go in trash.

Pour hot tea onto ice. Sometimes I just put the sugar into the glass before pouring in the tea too.

Lipton makes the very best...iced tea.  I have to agree with you.  I've tried other brands and none taste as good when iced.  If I want a different flavor I'll use herbals, but for down home sweet tea it's Lipton at our house. 

When I travel north of the M/D Line I really appreciate restaurant iced tea of any brand since I've never found it offered there.  I'm told that I can put sugar in it at the table.  What?!  That does NOT work!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 08:07:26 AM »
Fixed.

If he wasn't trying to profit, why not just give the units away at cost and get rid of the headache?

Giving the units away to those who are more needy would be what a ture liberal would do.  But many of the primitives are faux-liberals in that they verbally endorse the ideology while hoping they don't have to live under the conditions it would create.  So at the very least, he should do the right thing and find ways to reduce the rent.  If the profit should be taken out of healthcare, then certainly liberals should lead by example and take the profit out of rental units.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 08:25:32 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I beg of all of you....please do not bring up the subject of renters today.  I may have to twist my head off and that will make a big mess. 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 11:52:32 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I beg of all of you....please do not bring up the subject of renters today.  I may have to twist my head off and that will make a big mess.  

Have a renter from hell, do we?

My Nurse Practioner had a couple cooking meth in her rental! They pretty much had to pull the sheetrock off the walls, rip out the carpet etc., in order to save the house! Took them close to 2 years to get it back into condition to rent again!

I helped her out by putting the word out to my fellow bondsmen to ignore their bail requests and leave them in the black bar hotel until they went to court! That was about 8 months! LOL!

edited for content
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:59:51 AM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »
RenterFromHell rotting behind bars sounds pretty good to me, Allo.  I would post pictures just to vent, but we are decent and civilized people here.  They are scatalogical in nature, if you can believe it. 

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 05:22:34 PM »
Lipton makes the very best...iced tea.  I have to agree with you.  I've tried other brands and none taste as good when iced.  If I want a different flavor I'll use herbals, but for down home sweet tea it's Lipton at our house. 

When I travel north of the M/D Line I really appreciate restaurant iced tea of any brand since I've never found it offered there.  I'm told that I can put sugar in it at the table.  What?!  That does NOT work!

I can't even drink tea at a rtestaurant, they never make it right, or only a few places. Even if they're using Lipton... Oh and sun made is the tops