Author Topic: If you want to get sick to your stomach..  (Read 1418 times)

Offline terry

If you want to get sick to your stomach..
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »
read the article at the link in this DU post..

ccharles000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-09-09 06:34 PM
Original message
The Last Abortion Doctor   Updated at 6:34 PM

For thirty-six years, Warren Hern has been one of the few doctors in America to specialize in late abortions. George Tiller was another. And when Dr. Tiller was murdered that Sunday in church, Warren Hern became the only one left.

The young couple flew into Wichita bearing, in the lovely swell of the wife's belly, a burden of grief. They came from a religious tradition where large families are celebrated, and they wanted this baby, and it was very late in her pregnancy. But the doctors recommended abortion. They said that with her complications, there were only two men skilled enough to pull it off. One was George Tiller, a Wichita doctor who specialized in late abortions.

They arrived in Wichita on Sunday, May 31. As they drove to their hotel, a Holiday Inn just two blocks from the Reformation Lutheran Church, they saw television cameras. They wondered what was going on, a passing curiosity quickly forgotten.

But when they got to their room, the phone was ringing. Her father was on the line. "There was some doctor who was shot who does abortions," he said.

They turned on CNN. Dr. Tiller had just been killed, shot in the head as he passed out church leaflets. In their shock, they mixed up the clinic and the church: We were supposed to be there. What if it had happened while we were there? What if he couldn't complete the procedure?

Now there is only one doctor left.

http://www.esquire.com/features/abortion-doctor-warren-...

DU Post

Esquire Article

I should have probably used Chris's topic header "A window into an insane mind"

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: If you want to get sick to your stomach..
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:16:04 PM »
I read through the first few pages of the link but never saw once for the sake of context what the "complications" were that were supposedly forcing the author to this end.

Interesting that something that should have been explained in the first couple of paragraphs was left out completely.
Makes me wonder if the entire narrative is a fabrication,something we know the left is adept at.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »
I read through the first few pages of the link but never saw once for the sake of context what the "complications" were that were supposedly forcing the author to this end.

Interesting that something that should have been explained in the first couple of paragraphs was left out completely.
Makes me wonder if the entire narrative is a fabrication,something we know the left is adept at.

Most likely reason for that is that if they were to mention complications like dirty diapers , feeding times and lifestyle changes it would probably not send the same message.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 06:51:06 PM »
Most likely reason for that is that if they were to mention complications like dirty diapers , feeding times and lifestyle changes it would probably not send the same message.

That there was nothing (if I missed it someone correct me) absolutely nothing says volumes about the screed.

One of my best friends in life (online,she lives in Colorado) was advised by a doctor to have an abortion because she was going to have a difficult finish to pregnacy.
She told me she left and sat in her car crying for a while after that.
Now she has a beautiful 8 year old little girl who is perfect in every way...at least from where I am. :p

She is real,not a story and am meeting her and some other online friends for lunch in Lexington KY on Thursday.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »

What makes me suspicious about stories of "victims" who can't get an abortion is that they come from the same template--deeply religious, problems with the infant developing, troubled about the decision, &c., &c., &c.

They're always those sorts of people, never anything like people actually seeking abortions.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 07:40:29 PM »
She is real, not a story and am meeting her and some other online friends for lunch in Lexington KY on Thursday.

What takes you to the bluegrass state, sir?

More golfing?

Let us know how it goes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »
What takes you to the bluegrass state, sir?

More golfing?

Let us know how it goes.

Just to meet up with some friends and have a look around at another part of the country.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 09:37:53 PM »
From the esquire article:

By the way, he hates the word abortionist. Though it is a simple descriptive term like "podiatrist," the opponents of abortion have turned it into a degrading and demeaning word that has the same negative connotations as the most despicable racial epithet. All the same, it is the right word, an accurate word, and our discomfort with it is but a measure of how poisoned the language of abortion has become.

Late that night, he calls you at your hotel. You're reading one of his many scientific publications, which have titles like Shipibo Polygyny and Patrilocality or Urban Malignancy: Similarity in the Fractal Dimensions of Urban Morphology and Malignant Neoplasms. This one argues that man is a "malignant ecotumor" laying waste the planet. One of the main characteristics of a cancerous growth is that it resists regulation. A cancer cell is a cell that reproduces without limits.

>>>>

The patient I just finished was very unhappy to see me. I think they are very antiabortion. She had a fetal abnormality, and she and her husband are just devastated. Stuff like that.

What kind of fetal abnormalities are we talking about?

One was Down syndrome...

>>>

In passing, the abortionist says you can never get used to this. Next time he gives you a minute, you ask him to elaborate.

You can't, he says. I think we're hardwired, biologically, to protect small, vulnerable creatures, especially babies. The fetuses may not be babies, but some of them are pretty close.

>>>

He describes the reactions members of his staff have when they see residue of late abortions, which include shock, dismay, amazement, disgust, fear, and sadness. The later the pregnancy, the harder it is to accept. One assistant resented the patients for putting them through such a horrible experience. Two others described dreams where they vomited fetuses or felt an overwhelming urge to protect others from viewing the fetal parts.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/abortion-doctor-warren-hern-0909-2#ixzz0Nk6StzQX

Mankind is a parasite...fetuses are "almost babies," but the sight of the "residue" gives his staff nightmares...and Downs Syndrome is something that can desperately damage the mother?  :puke:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:39:39 PM by MrsSmith »

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 11:10:13 PM »
I read the whole article....the woman from Canada risked dying by giving birth....she had a child in kindergarten that she wanted to live for....

She wanted the child she had aborted...it was a planned pregnancy.

I'm not defending anyone.....just saying that I cannot be judge and jury when I've never walked in those shoes nor do I know the entire situation....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Flame

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 07:56:43 AM »
I read the whole article....the woman from Canada risked dying by giving birth....she had a child in kindergarten that she wanted to live for....

I'm not defending anyone.....just saying that I cannot be judge and jury when I've never walked in those shoes nor do I know the entire situation....

So why not deliver the baby early, either by c-section or vaginal delivery?  At least then the baby has a chance to live instead of a for sure death sentance.

Offline terry

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 08:01:31 AM »

I think there are very, very few people who believe that the woman must be sacrificed in favor of the baby.  I don't know any. Other doctors were willing to perform that woman's abortion, she didn't trust their methods.   Based on the rest of the article, she is not the typical patient.  If he was only performing abortions on women whose life was in danger, he would not be in the news.   The article focuses on them, because they know that most people will think like you and say "well that's not a bad thing and wouldn't it be a shame if a woman whose life is in danger had no doctor to go to for an abortion".  That's not a problem.  There are many, many who would perform an abortion under those circumstances.

On page 1. After another silence, a soft voice gets softer: I also want you to know, we don't care what your reasons are. We're not going to judge you.

When would you tell a woman no? There's no specific answer to that

I don't think this man or Tiller should be killed, but I'm not sorry that aren't any young doctors anxious to follow in their footsteps.   I won't be sad when this guy retires and there are no doctors who do what he does.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 10:10:33 AM »
That there was nothing (if I missed it someone correct me) absolutely nothing says volumes about the screed.

One of my best friends in life (online,she lives in Colorado) was advised by a doctor to have an abortion because she was going to have a difficult finish to pregnacy.
She told me she left and sat in her car crying for a while after that.
Now she has a beautiful 8 year old little girl who is perfect in every way...at least from where I am. :p

She is real,not a story and am meeting her and some other online friends for lunch in Lexington KY on Thursday.

Lexington is one of the most beautiful places I've been.  Enjoy.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline kenth

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 10:47:59 AM »
The "complication" angle is ridiculous. The mother has already carried the baby to the point that he or she is able to survive outside the womb. What possible complication could there be at that point?

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »
The "complication" angle is ridiculous. The mother has already carried the baby to the point that he or she is able to survive outside the womb. What possible complication could there be at that point?

You're NEVER going to get an answer to that question! At least not from a DUmbass!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »
C-Section, put the baby up for adoption. Both live, and mommy doesn't have an unwanted child at home.

I have known a number of women who have had late term abortions and late spontaneous abortions. All were adversely affected to the point that is was clearly seen reflecated in their behavioral attitudes after.

Nothing good comes from it.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 04:48:42 PM »
I won't be sad when this guy retires and there are no doctors who do what he does.

If history informs us, that retirement may never happen.

This is the first time I've heard a mutilated dead baby called "the residue of a late abortion".
The people who do this for a living are inhuman, and deserve any hazards that come with their unthinkable activities.
And to think, the democrats who cheer this abomination will protest having medical research done using animals.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »

Maybe...

It's hard to "buy" the whole story when we're never told exactly what horrible fetal problem would kill her. 

"Down syndrome, another was a lethal brain abnormality along with a lethal heart abnormality. Another one had a catastrophic — we're not talking about cleft lip, we are talking about cleft face. There was no face."

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/abortion-doctor-warren-hern-0909-5#ixzz0Np5oPLU3

These are horrible conditions...well, not Downs, but the other two...yet none of them would have greatly endangered the mother as she gave birth.  These abortions were done simply because it's legal to kill the child before birth...while afterwards, you'd have to leave it to God. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »
aWFUL LOT OF GENETIC DEFECTS UP there in Canada. eh?