Author Topic: Townhall bouncy  (Read 944 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Townhall bouncy
« on: August 09, 2009, 11:51:41 AM »
southernleftylady  (1000+ posts)        Sun Aug-09-09 12:42 PM
Original message
So my parents went to one of those town halls yest. in Memphis...

Edited on Sun Aug-09-09 12:48 PM by southernleftylady
Ok so they said that there were sheriffs walking up and down the aisles and there was a p.a. saying that there are people carrying guys but its ok because they got permits.. one guy got kicked out because he was walking around showing his gun off to everyone.. trying to scare them... My parents said it was scary... said it was crazy... and there was also a bomb threat... what has this country turned into?? Does the right not care how they are whipping these people up like this?? This isn't going to turn out good.. at all
eta: my dad asked my mom.. did they search your purse? they didn't.. so the only way that they knew that these people had guns is because they were showing them off... the security did not search people..

Not many responses but just to mark the number of these that will be spewed in the week to come.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Townhall bouncy
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »
... saying that there are people carrying guys ...

The DUmmy must have stumbled into a LBGT meeting by mistake.  :-)

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »
Good catch, Bijou.   Oh comeon this isn't true.  This would have been all over the news.  Even Fox.  Bomb threats? 

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 12:44:31 PM »
Hey everybody, remember yesterday when AngryAmish posted a very threatening post, including violence to the townhallers' families?  I sent the quote over to Moonbattery and it got featured as a main article.  Followed by 43 comments so far.  Go check it out. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »
Hey everybody, remember yesterday when AngryAmish posted a very threatening post, including violence to the townhallers' families?  I sent the quote over to Moonbattery and it got featured as a main article.  Followed by 43 comments so far.  Go check it out. 
oh my :-)

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2009/08/what_patriots_a.html
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 12:48:10 PM »

Great stuff, you forgot the link - too modest?  :-)

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2009/08/what_patriots_a.html#comments

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »
I was just going to post it.  Thanks, Bijou.  It's a shitstorm of comments, too.  The remark about families really set them off.  Apparently, Skinner deleted it, but we've got it now. 

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »
southernleftylady  (1000+ posts)        Sun Aug-09-09 12:42 PM
Original message
So my parents went to one of those town halls yest. in Memphis...

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 01:35:41 PM »
Not many responses but just to mark the number of these that will be spewed in the week to come.

Way too obvious a bouncy

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 02:20:50 PM »
Also posted at Newsbusters in the open thread and PajamasMedia.  With proper attribution.  This one pissed me off. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »
Damn, Karin, the next time I'm up in the Watertown area, I've got to buy you a drink or two.  Anyway, FNC was saying that finding a "town hall meeting" for a Democrat is damned near impossible now.  My Rep, Scott Murphy, had a "business roundtable" last Tuesday--and announced it to the public the day after having it.

80+ seats.  That's what the NRCC is shooting for in the midterms.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 03:33:22 PM »
And I'll buy you lunch.  My little family business makes the best damn Philly cheesesteaks around. 

Did you hear what's going on with that cap&tr8er, McHugh's seat?  The state GOP met in a smoked filled room, evidently Chicago style, and selected one Dede Scozzafava to be on the ticket.  (She's my state rep from Governeur).  She's a RINO in the worst way, used to be on the Working Families (communist) ticket.  The conservative party is coming after with both guns.  I'm going to fight like hell to put a conservative there.  Doug Hoffman stands for what we stand for here.   

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
80+ seats.  That's what the NRCC is shooting for in the midterms.

Well now, temper your hopes a little bit.

I'm not saying dampen them entirely, but tone them down a bit.

I'm not God, but it doesn't seem to me 0bamacare's going to happen.  It's possible there'll be some "compromises" and "accommodations" to get some sort of bill, any sort of bill, passed, but whatever atrocious monstrosity comes out of it, it's going to be only a faint blur of the grandoise 0bamacare plans.

A monstrous disaster avoided at the cost of a simple disaster will probably save all Democrat seats of those currently for 0bamacare, but who are likely to change their minds by September.

And there's that odd phenomenon that I wish a primitive would come over and explain to me.  Nebraska has one blue senator, who has had several meetings on health care, all meetings conducted with decorum and respect.

How come all of these other blue senators and congressmen from blue states aren't?

I wish a primitive would explain that to me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 03:59:10 PM »
Well now, temper your hopes a little bit.

I'm not saying dampen them entirely, but tone them down a bit.

I'm not God, but it doesn't seem to me 0bamacare's going to happen.  It's possible there'll be some "compromises" and "accommodations" to get some sort of bill, any sort of bill, passed, but whatever atrocious monstrosity comes out of it, it's going to be only a faint blur of the grandoise 0bamacare plans.

A monstrous disaster avoided at the cost of a simple disaster will probably save all Democrat seats of those currently for 0bamacare, but who are likely to change their minds by September.

And there's that odd phenomenon that I wish a primitive would come over and explain to me.  Nebraska has one blue senator, who has had several meetings on health care, all meetings conducted with decorum and respect.

How come all of these other blue senators and congressmen from blue states aren't?

I wish a primitive would explain that to me.

I'd be happy with 80.  Then again, in '94, I thought I was pretty plugged-in to the Republicans' chances, and I didn't think they'd get more than 30 seats.  

Yes, Karin, I have heard that.  My aunt--she's also my Godmother--is on the Executive Committee for the Conservative Party of Saratoga County.  My mother is active in the Republican Party in Saratoga County, though she tends more conservative.  (You can see where I get it from.  My brother and two sisters are conservative, too.  She taught us well.)  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 05:03:20 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 04:08:22 PM »
oh my :-)

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2009/08/what_patriots_a.html

Oh my is right. Some of the comments over on moonbattery should result in some massive moonbatty head explosions.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 04:19:35 PM »
Moonbattery really isn't on my reading list.  Maybe I should add it.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »
Moonbattery really isn't on my reading list.  Maybe I should add it.

It's on my daily list, along with Redstate, Boortz, and Drudge.  Moonbattery also has some hilarious pictures.